Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > William Paquet

Old 04-23-2008, 09:56 PM   #31
William Paquet
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocruze View Post
I preferred the book..I found it much more frightening...maybe it was having David Soul in the TV movie lead...

Hey Wm...have you read "Heart Shaped Box"?
Starsky and Hutch definitely left a sour taste for some people with this one. Hard to separate Soul from that show.

Have not read the book you mention. Is it good?
Old 04-23-2008, 10:08 PM   #32
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Paquet View Post
Starsky and Hutch definitely left a sour taste for some people with this one. Hard to separate Soul from that show.

Have not read the book you mention. Is it good?
In the middle of it now...

Pretty good so far...

Synopsis:

Middle-aged rock star Judas Coyne collects morbid curios, so he doesn't think twice about buying a suit advertised at an online auction site as haunted by its dead owner's ghost. Only after it arrives does Jude discover that the suit belonged to Craddock McDermott, the stepfather of one of Coyne's discarded groupies, and that the old man's ghost is a malignant spirit determined to kill Judas in revenge for his stepdaughter's suicide. Judas and his girlfriend take to the road in an attempt to run from the ghost and to find a way to stop it, if they can.
pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #33
Kirk Durfey
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Mental defectives think alike.
I actually tried to edit my response to give you credit when I read your response, but my computer crapped out on me.

Quote:
Hey Kirk- there's some stuff of mine you were looking for which I haven't forgotten about. There has been some recent deals done that will bring stuff back into production. If you be patient, I'll make announcements here at the right time.
Sounds great! It will be cool to have some of your kits available again.

There is certainly no rush, I've got the Death Dealer stashed away safe and sound for you when you are ready
Kirk Durfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:16 PM   #34
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSA View Post
Ever seen Salem's Lot? Right up there me fine fellow.

JS
I remember when it was first broadcast on TV! And it does have one of the creepiest scenes I've ever come across: when the vampire kid Danny Glick floats out of the mist to scratch on his brother's window, asking to be let in. But other than that truly phenomenal scene, I thought it was pretty much your typical made-for-TV horror movie.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:19 PM   #35
rilynil

Quote:
In the middle of it now...

Pretty good so far...

Synopsis:

Middle-aged rock star Judas Coyne collects morbid curios, so he doesn't think twice about buying a suit advertised at an online auction site as haunted by its dead owner's ghost. Only after it arrives does Jude discover that the suit belonged to Craddock McDermott, the stepfather of one of Coyne's discarded groupies, and that the old man's ghost is a malignant spirit determined to kill Judas in revenge for his stepdaughter's suicide. Judas and his girlfriend take to the road in an attempt to run from the ghost and to find a way to stop it, if they can.
What a coincidence! I'm reading it right now, too. I'm within the last 100 pages. I'm enjoying it, but the writer has his work cut out for him: it's exactly like being the son of Michael Jordan and deciding to play basketball for a living. No matter how good you are, you won't be THAT good. But I'll read more of his work as it's published.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:23 PM   #36
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
What a coincidence! I'm reading it right now, too. I'm within the last 100 pages. I'm enjoying it, but the writer has his work cut out for him: it's exactly like being the son of Michael Jordan and deciding to play basketball for a living. No matter how good you are, you won't be THAT good. But I'll read more of his work as it's published.
Check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart-Shaped_Box_(novel)

PS...still waiting for you to send me Teague's book...
pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:51 AM   #37
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
and the fact that it was based on a real life story makes it even more frightening...
I've read reports that strange things happened on the movie set when that movie was being produced. I stay very far from this movie.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:05 AM   #38
William Paquet
Sculptor
Sculptor

There were a lot of odd things that happened during filming. There is an awesome documentary done by some English guy, that is on the DVD. It's really well produced and very enlightening on the making of the movie. Anyone that loves the film should see it.

And Dick Smith is one of my all time heroes.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:21 AM   #39
Gothiken
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

the SNL skit with Richard Pryor was one
of the funniest things Ive seen on that show.

" The bed is on my Foot".

classic =)

Kenny...
Gothiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #40
rilynil

Quote:
There were a lot of odd things that happened during filming. There is an awesome documentary done by some English guy, that is on the DVD. It's really well produced and very enlightening on the making of the movie. Anyone that loves the film should see it.

And Dick Smith is one of my all time heroes.
Is the best DVD version to get the "Version You've Never Seen" or an older release?

I've heard that the newest version doesn't add much to the movie, except for the spider-walk scene.