Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #31
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I think you can share your thoughts here, bcs they won't change this statue of course, it is what is it (in good way).

What do you think could improve a statue like this?

I think the stone-slab and the petrified soldier could have used a slightly more realistic color scheme. But medusa herself is beautiful done (sculpt and paint). Like some said, it would been perfect if a few more hairsnakes 'waved' forward from top of her head, but if I receive a flawless one it will stay in my collection for a loooooong time.
Its funny that you mentioned the Snakes. That was the big thing that made me hesitate. I see this Medusa come to life but the only thing that appeared out of place were those snakes. They didn't appear so life like in the pictures.

Yet when I got her, it was a different story. Their underbellies were detailed. A few snakes moving in different directions would have made her more intimidating, but when you see the sheer, raw number of snakes that ARH put on her, I think that made up for it. I wasn't expecting that many.

Here were my suggestions for improvement:

1. Magnets. Both bra and left hand holding the bow, had little to none magnetism holding them.
Luckily, the pieces connect so well together that I don’t see them falling off, but I still like my assurance.

2. The Quiver: I would prefer a magnet to hold it on. It slides into the hole, but its very unstable.
I understand statues are meant to be still, but its borderline dangling

So excellent connecting pieces, but I would feel better if there was more assurance when holding them together
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #32
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Here were my suggestions for improvement:

1. Magnets. Both bra and left hand holding the bow, had little to none magnetism holding them.
Luckily, the pieces connect so well together that I don’t see them falling off, but I still like my assurance.
2. The Quiver: I would prefer a magnet to hold it on. It slides into the hole, but its very unstable.
I understand statues are meant to be still, but its borderline dangling

So excellent connecting pieces, but I would feel better if there was more assurance when holding them together
About magnets:
- When you take a close look at the left arm (which I did when I too felt that the bowhand had some little movement), you notice that they didn't use a magnet at all for the connection, but instead factory used a stirdy piece of foam(lining) inside the hole of the arm.
I agree magnet would been better for the long run.

- The bra pieces are done with magnetic paint (real magnet in breast). I've fitted six of them and only one bra (leftside)piece was wobbly, but this had to do with a lopsided breast. Magnetism strenght is sufficient, but I would have chosen a thin sheet of metal inside the resin of the bra (instead of the special paint app).

- The strenght of the magnet in the tail-stinger is 'normal', but it feels weaker bcs it is a smaller type magnet. Imo the peg from this stinger could benefit from a bit more lenght (it is quite small compared to the volume of the whole stinger). I received one where the edge of hole was 'rounded off' and bcs of the size of the (small)peg, you easily get the feeling it can/will tumble over..

- You are right the quiver could benefit from a magnet or maybe more wedge shape peg (wide at topside, so it will 'hang' itself stuck in the slit. (Now they made peg from plastic and is quite smooth/square).

- Did your upperbody 'fit' tight on the snakebody?(peg&edge), the peg has a magnet but they used a special zigzag shape underneath her belt which can cause trouble when not 100% aligned..

Anyway, my replacement(s) are due to come. Looking forward to it
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #33
Halcyon
Loki

My replacement has a delay of approx 4 weeks.
Those four are hopefully the last..
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #34
solidsnake 36
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Just got mine yesterday, give it a 8.5-9, I only wish her face was acurate with the movie babyface girl who played her.
solidsnake 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #35
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

ARH got great quality. So u get a 10/10 by me for this HUGH nice statue! Ahhh... do you see the punisher of my avatar? Remember the old ARH days...
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #36
Zorglub
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I've seen it in person last week and I think this is the best Arh statue so far, much better than the previous that looks kinda amateurish.
Zorglub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #37
SOH
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

10/10 one of the best looking statues out there,,,and it's dam huge !!!!!!
SOH is offline   Reply With Quote