Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 09:21 AM   #31
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight View Post
Any comments to put some of the speculation to rest?
Don't get me started. I have the tendency to run people off. It is my superpower.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:22 AM   #32
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
You'd think/hope that were true. There's this one particular statue-forum type website which actually defines sycophancy. They ended up getting numerous website statue/bust exclusives as well as regular visits from the production company to answer questions and so on. Sycophancy can work. A bubble was created where everything is amazing, and the company/website appeared to thrive for a while.

The ideal world you might be alluding to may not be most people's cup of tea. People generally gravitate towards praise and pleasure and steer away from criticism regardless of how much sense it might make. As a general rule, people do not like to hear how wrong or misguided they might be. Can that potentially impact a company's bottom line? Sure. However, sycophancy could also be lucrative for others. Sycophancy is also contagious. A company can live off the fumes of hype for years.
Excellent post.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:26 AM   #33
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

IF they got moved because they stopped supporting AND...IF they stopped supporting due to critisism...what does that say about a company that would rather "run/hide" from the problem, rather than address it openly.

Wouldnt "manning up" and just talking it out/addressing the problem serve the company's image better in the long run, rather than just disappearing?

Does SS have any of forums that they are present on?
Old 08-21-2015, 09:26 AM   #34
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
Don't get me started. I have the tendency to run people off. It is my superpower.

That is a sweet superpower!

I'm just an average member who enjoys these forums and enjoys many statue companies. I would love to hear the forums side of things on why this happened but understand if that is not possible.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:36 AM   #35
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

I dunno, seemed to me the bashing started when the QC went to hell, preorder to door turned into two years, and a lot of the design choices were questionable. Also seems to me that they had their own people in here with thick skins that got just as snarky with board members, so two way street there.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:41 AM   #36
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
You'd think/hope that were true. There's this one particular statue-forum type website which actually defines sycophancy. They ended up getting numerous website statue/bust exclusives as well as regular visits from the production company to answer questions and so on. Sycophancy can work. A bubble was created where everything is amazing, and the company/website appeared to thrive for a while.

The ideal world you might be alluding to may not be most people's cup of tea. People generally gravitate towards praise and pleasure and steer away from criticism regardless of how much sense it might make. As a general rule, people do not like to hear how wrong or misguided they might be. Can that potentially impact a company's bottom line? Sure. However, sycophancy could also be lucrative for others. Sycophancy is also contagious. A company can live off the fumes of hype for years.
This forum is not immune to sycophancy either though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
IF they got moved because they stopped supporting AND...IF they stopped supporting due to critisism...what does that say about a company that would rather "run/hide" from the problem, rather than address it openly.

Wouldnt "manning up" and just talking it out/addressing the problem serve the company's image better in the long run, rather than just disappearing?

Does SS have any of forums that they are present on?
There is world of difference between "manning up" and addressing the problem, and financially supporting a forum where your products have been repeatedly slagged. Money is a finite resource for any company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlikealight View Post
That is a sweet superpower!

I'm just an average member who enjoys these forums and enjoys many statue companies. I would love to hear the forums side of things on why this happened but understand if that is not possible.
Any one sided story is just that one sided.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:53 AM   #37
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

There is a balance somewhere in the middle of criticism and praise. Sometimes that balance seems hard to find in a forum on a consistent basis. Nature of the beast and all that. Someone who never says a bad word or is honest enough to verbalize when a company screws up is just as annoying in his silence as your average ranting basher.

I think honesty and good information is what people gravitate towards when they first seek out a forum. It's easy to identify the bashers, the thinkers, the super-fans, the irate customers that keep buying, etc.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:54 AM   #38
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
There is a balance somewhere in the middle of criticism and praise. Sometimes that balance seems hard to find in a forum on a consistent basis. Nature of the beast and all that.

I think honesty and good information is what people gravitate towards when they first seek out a forum. It's easy to identify the bashers, the thinkers, the super-fans, the irate customers that keep buying, etc.
Don't need a balance. People should just post what they would say if the artist/sculptor/or company representative was sitting across the table from them.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:59 AM   #39
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I need to know what happened.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:05 AM   #40
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Apparently they've gone bust and done a runner with all the NRDs
Closed Thread