Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-28-2022, 07:32 PM   #31
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Quality wise the CM is awesome. It's too small though, at 24 inches, taking out the base the Endo would be about 23 inches x 3, so 5'9 lol. Definitely underscaled.
5'9" should be close actually, they are 5'10-6' something usually so maybe slightly small, but not much.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 07:48 PM   #32
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
5'9" should be close actually, they are 5'10-6' something usually so maybe slightly small, but not much.
5'10-6 would be about 180cm. Arnie is 6'2, the Endo would be just a tad under that, so about 6'1 to 6'2. Though the puppets could actually be smaller than that.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 07:55 PM   #33
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
5'10-6 would be about 180cm. Arnie is 6'2, the Endo would be just a tad under that, so about 6'1 to 6'2. Though the puppets could actually be smaller than that.
Yes a few inches less I expect also so around that range I mentioned. This isn't the same Endo as Arnie either though, and there were various height ones made. Stan loved the CM version, so I am not going to argue with him about an Endo.
Old 12-28-2022, 07:57 PM   #34
FACEBOX
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
Prime1 will kill my wallet. There are actually a lot there recently announced statues that I I'm interested. If this turns out good, I might get it.

I hear ya.
I'm a sucker for the classic "Big 3", so all the new a announcements have definitely cought my attention. Much more so in the last 3 out of the past 10 years.
FACEBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 08:30 PM   #35
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEBOX View Post
I hear ya.
I'm a sucker for the classic "Big 3", so all the new a announcements have definitely cought my attention. Much more so in the last 3 out of the past 10 years.
I get ya, the big 3 is all I care about. My collection is still missing without primes 1/3 big chap, but space is a b!tch. I can skip T2 Endo as I have the T1, but that chap is calling me. It would be a nice setup to see the primes 1/2 scale Endo, 1/3 big chap and 1/3 JH altogether side by side.
Old 12-28-2022, 08:37 PM   #36
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Yes a few inches less I expect also so around that range I mentioned. This isn't the same Endo as Arnie either though, and there were various height ones made. Stan loved the CM version, so I am not going to argue with him about an Endo.
The CM still holds up to this day. Besides being a little small, the only real other drawbacks is the cheap shoulder hose, neck pistons and teeth. Pose is subjective, some like it, some don't.

If prime 1 can improve upon all that, I may still grab it and leave it inside the box until I find space
Old 12-28-2022, 09:01 PM   #37
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
The CM still holds up to this day. Besides being a little small, the only real other drawbacks is the cheap shoulder hose, neck pistons and teeth. Pose is subjective, some like it, some don't.

If prime 1 can improve upon all that, I may still grab it and leave it inside the box until I find space
Yea, that is one I missed out on back in the day. I probably wouldn't buy it now as I am good on Endos, but interested to see what P1 is going to do. I wasn't planning on more Terminator, but this set of 3 looks promising.
Old 12-28-2022, 11:07 PM   #38
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:

The only thing that would hold me back from re-acquiring the CM is the packaging. The slot for the rifle wasn't made right and mine broke during a re-boxing. That said, if the Prime doesn't meet my standards and the CM drops a lot in value, I might get it again. The smaller size still goes well with a lot of statues. I imagine it will be Primes goal to beat the CM though, just like they did with Predator.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 12:35 AM   #39
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Yeah I think prime 1 going huge like this is them thinking no one else will do the scales they do. Kind of a once in a generation or two type deal so shop with us. Lol.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 12:40 AM   #40
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

That’s kinda their shtick.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote