Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Weapon X Helmet Color
Change the color to a Metal color (Traditional Color for Helmet in Comics) 42 66.67%
Leave it as is, Dark Green (Military Green) 21 33.33%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2017, 11:08 PM   #31
kolektan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
This is a tricky one as I know a lot of people wanted it to be silver/gunmetal. I didn't like the green colour from the teaser pic they posted, but immediately liked it more once I saw it in person. Then over the course of the weekend it grew on me a LOT. I ended up really loving the green colour. I spoke to Seng about it, and the helmet can't be gunmetal because it would blend too much with the colour of the base. I pretty much agree with that. I suggested a lighter silver but he felt that the military green was more realistic.
when I was viewing this statue from afar, the dark green helmet was blending with the black monitors and their rig, at least to my eyes. it almost looked like weapon x lost half of his head. but sure there's no problem when viewing up close. I agree with Seng that the helmet cannot be gunmetal, but with dull silver/gray, it will pop more and not blending with the background nor the base.
and come on, xm is the best in realising comic characters while keeping them accurate and now they're doing this?!!

POed.
kolektan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:18 AM   #32
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Needs to be an option: "trust the artistic direction of XM" in other words, not phased.
This is my choice as well. So since that is not part of the poll I am going to go with keep it green...although I can go either way...more or less.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:23 AM   #33
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
The army green will be fine, but we're talking about preference right? I think a metal color would look better, I like the way it looks in the render better than the green shown on the statue.

I'm Still getting this either way, but are the guys here who are saying XM should keep the green helmet actually like it better than the version shown in the render? be honest, you guys are just being good ol fanboys, right?
You can be a fanboy and still be honest.

As I stated before...I don't care either way what color it is because both look great.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:24 AM   #34
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
if they change it to gunmetal they will need to make the base green "army" cause i agree gunmetal for the head an the gunmetal on the base just makes to whole piece flat...Personally, I like it how it is now..

Just saw that Daniel Bel has joined Sideshow so big congrats to him, is it the last piece he did for XM ?
Deadpool is the last piece DB did for XM.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:43 AM   #35
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
You can be a fanboy and still be honest.

As I stated before...I don't care either way what color it is because both look great.
Loric bro, you have a ton of great info and I love that, but you lack all objectivity. If XM sh*t in a bucket and called it the "Wolverine X-Krement EX" you'd call it the most exceptional piece yet!! LOL!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:27 AM   #36
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Doesn't matter to me one bit, I'm getting this statue regardless.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:55 AM   #37
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
Doesn't matter to me one bit, I'm getting this statue regardless.
Agreed!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:59 AM   #38
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I'm also getting the statue regardless of color, but to be honest, I'd rather have it in the color I've always seen. I'd also like to see a bigger contrast between the helmet and his hair.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 07:26 AM   #39
WolverineFan
I am da law!

This one is a hard one. I haven't even voted yet because I can't make up my mind. I see both sides to the helmet debate. Either way I already pre ordered it and whatever the final decision is, I will be happy with either result
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:22 PM   #40
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Loric bro, you have a ton of great info and I love that, but you lack all objectivity. If XM sh*t in a bucket and called it the "Wolverine X-Krement EX" you'd call it the most exceptional piece yet!! LOL!!
I'm not the only one who is indifferent about the color of the helmet....so what is your point about objectivity?
I don't get how that has any relevance with an OPINION based poll.

And just because I may think most if not all XM statues are at least good, how does that in any way affect my ability to critique a statue and give STRENGTHS and WEAKNESSES?

Didn't we have a discussion about this before? My how quick you tend to forget...or maybe you don't like that I don't agree with you that it HAS to be silver / gunmetal in color?