Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-18-2023, 11:35 AM   #31
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
But the High Evolutionary doesn't operate on Earth He's a galactic rogue who doesn't give a f*ck about morals and ethical codes.
I didn't say High Evolutionary operate on earth. I was talking about he must be in something like current earth order on an intergalactic scale with Nova Corps. and all. I believe their intergalactic law wouldn't allow what High Evolutionary did just like human law wouldn't allow it on earth. He would be considered a rogue as you said and dealt as such.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 12:01 PM   #32
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I don't think so. Best villain performances are Jack Nicholson, Joker and Heath Legder, Joker. I don't add Joachin Phoenix, Joker because his joker was more of an anti-hero.

High Evolutionary was kind of over the top because that kind of hot headed, crazy maniac can't get at high places, if you ask me. Especially can't build an intergalactic corpared empire on genetic engeenering. Only creates bunch of Frankenstein monsters in his basement then get cought for inhuman experiments on humans and animals and put away in an asylum.
I guess we can just remove the Joker from these convos because no one can beat him...he's the #1 villain in all of comics.

But I was actually kind of scared of High Evolutionary at the end
Spoiler
when he found Rocket trying to release the animals, I honestly thought he was going to kill the animals and make Rocket watch.
He had that sense of cruelty to me was really unhinged. Also
Spoiler
his face under the mask was grooooooss, it was even worse than Hannibal!

I thought it was a well-written villain and a good performance.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 12:25 PM   #33
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

It is ok, i am not here to change anyone's mind. This is just my two cent, you don't have to agree on it. I already know it is pointless to argue on the internet... Or argue at all. Most of people just hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see, no matter what.

And i agree the High Evolutionary performans of the actor was good, but not the best.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 12:41 PM   #34
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
It is ok, i am not here to change anyone's mind. This is just my two cent, you don't have to agree on it. I already know it is pointless to argue on the internet... Or argue at all. Most of people just hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see, no matter what.

And i agree the High Evolutionary performans of the actor was good, but not the best.
I agree with you, there really is no touching Ledger, Nicholson or probably even Brolin as Thanos.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 01:45 PM   #35
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
I didn't say High Evolutionary operate on earth. I was talking about he must be in something like current earth order on an intergalactic scale with Nova Corps. and all. I believe their intergalactic law wouldn't allow what High Evolutionary did just like human law wouldn't allow it on earth. He would be considered a rogue as you said and dealt as such.
That's fair. Maybe the Nova Corps knew about his twisted exploits and either didn't have the resources to track him down and stop him or just didn't care.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 12:45 AM   #36
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You mean he is like a cosmic Mengele? Yea, that's not scary or villainous at all.....
I haven’t seen this yet, but…whoa. My grandmother was a Holocaust survivor and I listened to her stories as a kid. If that’s a fair comparison, I may not need to see this.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 06:28 PM   #37
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I haven?t seen this yet, but?whoa. My grandmother was a Holocaust survivor and I listened to her stories as a kid. If that?s a fair comparison, I may not need to see this.
I mean?.that is who I immediately thought of given the actions and motivation of the High Evolutionary in the film. Which is why I thought it was so strange that people didn?t think he was a scary villa, but more of a regular crazy man.

It?s totally worth seeing and I don?t want to dissuade you from the film!! It?s a great end to the trilogy, but I did cry more than any other MCU film. But man, the acting and writing was so good. Really good.

And my sympathies for your grandmother. Nobody should have had to endure that. It’s Her stories are those more should hear and remember.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 06:31 PM   #38
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I saw it yesterday. This was the most heartbreaking moment to me.

Spoiler
The first time they put Rocket into the cage with the rest of animals they've been experimenting on, and his first word is a woeful high-pitched cry: "Hurts!".

I mean, the fate of his new friends you could more or less see coming - not that it wasn't moving all the same, particularly Rocket's reaction after Lylla is shot down, but that part just... killed me. I can't stand seeing an animal suffer, let alone one that articulates it.

Damn you, James Gunn.
SOBBING - JUST SOBBING during that. I?m getting choked up again. Dammit, Shoo!
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 06:50 PM   #39
Shoo
Hercules

So am I! My bad!
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 11:04 AM   #40
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I mean?.that is who I immediately thought of given the actions and motivation of the High Evolutionary in the film. Which is why I thought it was so strange that people didn?t think he was a scary villa, but more of a regular crazy man.

It?s totally worth seeing and I don?t want to dissuade you from the film!! It?s a great end to the trilogy, but I did cry more than any other MCU film. But man, the acting and writing was so good. Really good.

And my sympathies for your grandmother. Nobody should have had to endure that. It?s Her stories are those more should hear and remember.
👍🏻
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote