Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #31
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalogik View Post
Yes we have talked about that as well but same issues. Price vs payback and taking that chance on something that big. It all depends on the demand for something and most people cannot afford a full size bust.
Hmmm most companies busts are ~$1,000. Which is about 3 of these. Just different priorities. Even unpainted would be cool.
Some of these would have quite the presence in lifesize scale.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:51 PM   #32
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Hmmm most companies busts are ~$1,000. Which is about 3 of these. Just different priorities. Even unpainted would be cool.
Some of these would have quite the presence in lifesize scale.
Yeah that would be cool! Like I said, I love the life size stuff just for that reason...presence! I come from the mask world originally but when I first got into resin statues I created a company called Headhunters Studio and I made life size trophy heads of alien creatures to mount on the wall.

I had the same problem ARH would have....the original characters always have a much more limited audience than licensed ones. Most full size busts out there are iconic comic characters like Superman and Spiderman that are almost guaranteed to sell.

Saying all that.... I can totally see an amazing full size Medusa head selling amazingly well! I personally would love to see that!
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:52 PM   #33
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Yeah that would be cool! Like I said, I love the life size stuff just for that reason...presence! I come from the mask world originally but when I first got into resin statues I created a company called Headhunters Studio and I made life size trophy heads of alien creatures to mount on the wall.

I had the same problem ARH would have....the original characters always have a much more limited audience than licensed ones. Most full size busts out there are iconic comic characters like Superman and Spiderman that are almost guaranteed to sell.

Saying all that.... I can totally see an amazing full size Medusa head selling amazingly well! I personally would love to see that!
Medusa would most definitely sell out. I'm not into the bust scene, but I'd absolutely buy a full size Medusa bust...there's another company that made one. It's super detailed and looks amazing but it cost something like 4 grand. Way too expensive.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:12 AM   #34
cosmic
Mephisto

Quote:
Now I am just trying to get some kits going to generate some money for myself not ARH studios.
So if someone wants to order a kit from these, the payment would be sent to you or to ARH studios?
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:47 AM   #35
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
I don't think I can sell any licensed characters as kits. They have to be some of ARH's original line of characters. Sorry, no Frazetta or Tarzan.
Sorry, let me be clearer.
I’d like to hire you to paint a random generic mostly naked man who is jumping on a giant ape.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:20 AM   #36
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
So if someone wants to order a kit from these, the payment would be sent to you or to ARH studios?
To Arkalogic direct. It does not go to ARH pockets
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #37
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Sorry, let me be clearer.
I’d like to hire you to paint a random generic mostly naked man who is jumping on a giant ape.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:08 AM   #38
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Medusa would most definitely sell out. I'm not into the bust scene, but I'd absolutely buy a full size Medusa bust...there's another company that made one. It's super detailed and looks amazing but it cost something like 4 grand. Way too expensive.
Yeah I would be interested in an ARH Medusa bust for sure! The 4k Medusa bust you mean is the Elite Creature one right? That is the worst bust I ever seen in my life. I originally had that one pre order and cancelled it after seeing it in person! Looked like a big ugly ventriloquist puppet that had an electirc shock! Absolute waste of money! The new 1/3 medusa Maquette looks even worse..I mean what the hell is that?! Thank god for the ARH medusa i say!
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:32 PM   #39
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I might be interested in kit of one of the Medusas. I love the old one best but so huge of a foot print would possibly be a display issue for me. The new one would work better and I could have it painted the way I want.

Right now though with new Frazetta stuff coming out and I recently commited to another high dollar special independent product that I don't have funds available to buy either and then since I don't paint to find and hire someone to paint it.

But if they stay available for a while I would likely be in for one of the Medusa's as a kit.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #40
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
Yeah I would be interested in an ARH Medusa bust for sure! The 4k Medusa bust you mean is the Elite Creature one right? That is the worst bust I ever seen in my life. I originally had that one pre order and cancelled it after seeing it in person! Looked like a big ugly ventriloquist puppet that had an electirc shock! Absolute waste of money! The new 1/3 medusa Maquette looks even worse..I mean what the hell is that?! Thank god for the ARH medusa i say!
Yeah, that Medusa with those stupid "legs" is really the ugliest statue ever made imho.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote