Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-06-2007, 06:46 AM   #31
Kujo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

at the moment, there isn't a lot of good to say about the PS3... its expensive, multi-platform games look better on the 360, its hard to develop for, its online is sub-standard, most things are constantly delayed.

But like you said, it is still a new system, and its a system that has the potential to be around for a long time (Sony says 10 years i think) and with the theoretical power behind it, it doesn't suprise me

Sony really needs to get exclusives, or get the multi platform developers to do PS3 stuff first (so its not an xbox port). And, of course, some MAJOR price cuts as its still more expensive than most consoles have been on release day.

Anyway, call it what you like, we are all going to have our preferences. I used to be a fan of the PS2 as it had a good selection of games (from the start) and wasn't too bad to develop for. To me, the PS3 has Sony's greed written all over it
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:39 AM   #32
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
Now that I think about it Sony has very little time to catch up to Wii and 360. If PS3 takes another year or two to really take off Sony may lose out on a huge chunk of this gen's market, were talking 2009.

Imagine if Xbox releases the next gen console in five-years like they did with Xbox(2001) & 360(2006). That means in 2011 we'll see something new. If Sony drops the price and gets the games out they might make it but I doubt it.
Error on my part. The original Xbox came out in 2001 and the 360 came out in 2005, just four years apart. This means MS could have the next gen out just when PS3 is taking off. I don't expect it in 2009 but 2010 is a real possibility.
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:01 AM   #33
oxbeard
I am da law!

My take:

Wii -- is excellent for more family oriented gaming. Granted the graphics aren't mind blowing like some available on 360 and PS3 but it more than makes up for that with game play. Ours is centrally located in the house and sees a lot of activity with the kids and 'group gaming'. Just all around fun.

360 -- just finally got one for Halo3. Still learning mine but love it so far. Actually find that online and games are handsdown better than PS3. Still hoping that since just getting one that I will avoid some of the hardware breaks and plagues that so many have experienced.

PS3 -- actually bought primarily for a second BR player. I have really tried to use it for gaming to but really just can't tear myself away from the 360 long enough to give it a fair run.

Actually trying to make a decision on a possible PSP or DS purchase as well.
oxbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #34
Red X
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
Ubisoft actually went to Sony with an exclusive, and Sony played on it a bit. The whole gaming community "assumed" it was a PS3 title, because Sony made out it was.

As for Nights, this one may suck now, but when it came out in '96 it was an amazing game. They have updated the graphics and added wiimote functionality, but it still might be dated.

As far as i'm aware, Kane and Lynch has always been slated for both consoles. 360 was the first to show it, as it was the first to show Assasins Creed, GTA4 and RE5. I'm not 100% on this though.

Oblivion was an short term x-box exclusive because the PS3 wasn't out for it to be released on, lol

What games do you actually play Red?
Like what kind of games? What games have I recently played? Or what games am I currently playing?

Well I'm about to go pick up Phantom Hourglass for the DS. I am currently hooked on Resistance Fal of Man mulitplayer for the last few months, I love anything Metal Gear Solid, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Mortal Kombat, Tekken. Mostr;y any FPS, fighters, and action/adventure.

I'm really looking foward to Umbrella Chronicles.
Red X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:40 AM   #35
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
at the moment, there isn't a lot of good to say about the PS3... its expensive, multi-platform games look better on the 360, its hard to develop for, its online is sub-standard, most things are constantly delayed.

But like you said, it is still a new system, and its a system that has the potential to be around for a long time (Sony says 10 years i think) and with the theoretical power behind it, it doesn't suprise me

Sony really needs to get exclusives, or get the multi platform developers to do PS3 stuff first (so its not an xbox port). And, of course, some MAJOR price cuts as its still more expensive than most consoles have been on release day.

Anyway, call it what you like, we are all going to have our preferences. I used to be a fan of the PS2 as it had a good selection of games (from the start) and wasn't too bad to develop for. To me, the PS3 has Sony's greed written all over it
The PS3 as you state should be around for 10 years. The XBOX has been updated twice since 2001. I don't here all the *****ing about people having to fork out more money on a new system. How many people here have bought the Xbox, then the 360 and now the Elite? And then complain about the expense of the PS3. Come on people lets get real. The XBox is like supporting your favourite soccer team who change their jersey every two years.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #36
Endless Wake

PS3 will be supported for 10 years (2016), but the PS4 will be out in 4-5 years (2011).
Old 10-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #37
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Where was this confirmed?
Old 10-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #38
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

There is a rumour of a 160GB PS3 coming out.
http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-72579.aspx
Old 10-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #39
Endless Wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Where was this confirmed?
I was wrong, PS4 may be out as soon as 2010;
http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/04/d...nd-the-corner/
Old 10-06-2007, 11:20 AM   #40
Endless Wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
There is a rumour of a 160GB PS3 coming out.
http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-72579.aspx
I wonder why 2 HDMI ports? Even if the system doubles as your Blu-Ray player its still going to be connected to the same tv.