Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 03-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #31
Havok85
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
This isn't a line of DC villains/heroines done in a pin-up style (which would be a cool idea for a line of DC female statues). So far each statue in the line has shown the strength and confindence of every DC female character they've taken a crack at. The Batgirl statue just doesn't give the same feeling or reverance to the character as the other statues have done.

Having said that I like the statue. I think it is very well done and plan to purchase it. It's just different.
I never said the entire line was done in a pin-up style, I was talking about this piece in particular.

I simply meant there's nothing wrong with some pieces in this line looking different from one another and just cause they do doesn't mean they won't still look good together.
Havok85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #32
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok85 View Post
I never said the entire line was done in a pin-up style, I was talking about this piece in particular.

I simply meant there's nothing wrong with some pieces in this line looking different from one another and just cause they do doesn't mean they won't still look good together.
I agree with that 100%, I like different looks and poses. I just want them to fix her face, she is very 1950's looking and this is 2010. That is the only thing that bothers me.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:44 PM   #33
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Everyone has a right to their own opinions, regardless of whether you find them laughable or not.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:58 PM   #34
Havok85
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
I agree with that 100%, I like different looks and poses. I just want them to fix her face, she is very 1950's looking and this is 2010. That is the only thing that bothers me.
I can see what you mean there BC. I think if we see Adam's artwork and her face from the front, that might be how he intended her to look.

Jack Mathews has done a great job translating the art into statue form so far, so that's what I'm thinking the case is. If it is, I don't see them changing the face honestly.
Havok85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:18 PM   #35
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Love the sculpt on the body and the head is fine for the look they were going for. Sadly im not a fan of the face for this line. Rather have the sexy look to them.

Ill be searching ebay and cons for this one cheap and possible a custom with a different head.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:47 PM   #36
dechirico7
The Flash

From the neck down she looks great.
I am glad I am selling out of this line.
My disappointment with Poison Ivy began my disinterest in getting all these, but now this one completely stopped me in my tracks.
Not sure if I am going to sell Catwoman yet, but I am selling the rest of these girls.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:54 AM   #37
tps50701
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
From the neck down she looks great.
I am glad I am selling out of this line.
My disappointment with Poison Ivy began my disinterest in getting all these, but now this one completely stopped me in my tracks.
Not sure if I am going to sell Catwoman yet, but I am selling the rest of these girls.
You know, I sat at my table in my man cave the other night, looking at the 5 of them together.

Have to tell you, I'm probably gonna sell them as well! Something about them is just irking me.

Now Batgirl is not bad - but she's not good either!

Out of the entire line right now, if I had to keep one - Zatana - she has a real appeal to me.

I've been getting really picky about what is in my collection nowdays. I just recently got rid of my WODC busts and some other busts, as well as some SS stuff. I didn't really care for them and sadly, this has happened for these as well.

It's coming down to doing up some of the kit statues I have as well. Some really cool stuff that just needs to get finished and on display.

Cheers, Carl
tps50701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:02 AM   #38
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok85 View Post

I'm sorry but I can't help laughing reading some of your guys comments. I know everyone has a right to their opinions but I just don't see how this is horrible. I guess you have to be a fan of this particular style to really appreciate how it looks.

I'm just curious about something though. Has anyone here even heard of Gil Elvgren?
I honestly have not heard of Gil but with that said this needs to be Adam's style not this Gil guy. We buy these because we like Adam's work and this face just isn't doing it.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:15 AM   #39
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thumbs up Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
I honestly have not heard of Gil but with that said this needs to be Adam's style not this Gil guy. We buy these because we like Adam's work and this face just isn't doing it.
YES! Agreed! She is nicely done, it's just that her face looks a bit off. Kinda like with DC Dynamics Supergirl Statue and her Boy-scout Face. Gyah!

I'll Google Mr. Gil.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:52 AM   #40
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Yeesh... This one doesn't fit the line at all...
She looks like a bubbleheaded teenager.

Not too excited about this one. I want super heroines and super villains, not comic relief parodies.

Is the source art even from AH? hard to tell. Looks more like a convention sketch than "cover" material.

This will be a pass for me. I'm not a completest and I am happy with the rest of Cover Girls line. I guess we'll have to wait until 2011 pre-orders before we see Supergirl.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote