Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 01-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #31
Zer0
New Republic

She's a blue alien, with tentacles for hair, from the future. Yes... by all means, let's stay as realistic as possible about this.
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #32
Mizukithepanda
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
She's a blue alien, with tentacles for hair, from the future. Yes... by all means, let's stay as realistic as possible about this.
Yes, and she also has an official design that fans would love to see portrayed as accurately as possible.

Taking egregious liberties that make no sense is just bound to piss people off.
Mizukithepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #33
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #34
cuhan
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Hahaha. I think this is just weird.

Bishoujo line is based on shunya's fan arts.
Not based on the original design.

What's next? all bishoujo need to have small eyes?
cuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:57 AM   #35
Zer0
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizukithepanda View Post
Yes, and she also has an official design that fans would love to see portrayed as accurately as possible.

Taking egregious liberties that make no sense is just bound to piss people off.
It's the theme of the statue line. Every character is represented in that style. If that pisses people off, they need to just get over themselves. Bishoujo statues aren't meant to be accurate, they're meant to be cheesecake.

You might as well be getting upset because this:

looks nothing like this:

Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #36
dechirico7
The Flash

Exactly.
Good post Zero.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #37
zerodip
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Thing is, most of those people couldn't care less. Most of them aren't your average statue collector. They're fans of the game. The "style" of this line isn't going to mean anything to them. All they are going to see is a character they like "anime-tized" with huge boobs tacked on and a baby face. Some won't care, some will like it... but most won't.

From a marketing perspective... well, it's hard to say. Is this something that would sell better to those familiar with the games and aren't typically collectors? Let alone of this line? Or would they sell better to those who don't have a friggin' clue who the character is (many in this thread) who collect Bishoujo's from other franchises already? (And of course there are people like me who play the games, and was already collecting this line before.) Personally, and this is just my opinion and I could be wrong, but I think it's the former so I don't blame them for playing it safe. The Mass Effect games have a large fan base and they have tons of merchandise based off them already (comics, posters, replicas, art prints, card sets, t-shirts, hoodies, and now statues, etc.) So, it to me it makes sense to listen to FAN feedback.

Besides, are the changes really that egregious? I almost find the complaining here just as bad as those who originally complained on Facebook, etc. (okay, that's a lie. we're mostly just arguing principle here ) As far as I can tell, they just gave her a minor breast reduction. Everything else is the same. Not a big deal, IMO. As someone else in thread said, it's a shame for those who like 'em "busty", but otherwise the change as more of a positive one overall.

Just my 2c.
zerodip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #38
Frisky Dingo
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalape View Post
She's not definitely known for her curves, so I'm glad they decided to make her more like her character, even though she is in Bishoujo style.
Except that the statue isn't based on her look from the original game. "ME2" was set two years later and she did change a little bit:

I definitely consider myself more of a gamer than a statue collector and even I find people's reactions to the first sculpt ridiculous. I can understand why Kotobukiya made the changes, I just hope the initial reaction to the Liara statue doesn't scare off Kotobukiya from taking chances with future Bishoujo from the "ME" universe. "ME" is one of my favorite game series and the Liara statue is going to be the first Bishoujo I'm getting in what I hope is a long line of "ME" Bishoujo statues.
Frisky Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote