Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 09-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #31
elijah_snow
I'm the Fourth Man

Bob Harras equals disaster. Took Marvel to hell in a handbasket in late 90s, and he's continuing his work at DC.
elijah_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #32
built2shred
Phoenix

I pretty much quit reading Batwoman around the 6th issue, I gave it a honest shot but didn't care for the artwork or stories... It was all about supernatural stuff, maybe they should of put her in with Justice League Dark instead of having her own comic... Then again I don't know how popular this comic was... Usually money talks so if Batwoman was hugely popular you would think DC would of let them do what they were doing and keep making them $$$..

Without knowing the sales It's hard to place blame...

EDIT: after reading some of those links I can't believe they fired Gail at one point, I had no idea... That was a dumb move on DC's part.. wow... Without her I doubt Batgirl would be half as good as it is..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:35 AM   #33
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

One of several dumb moves...
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #34
dccowen
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I'm giving the Post Williams Blackman era one story arc to sell me. Of course if they bring back Rucka, I'm all in.

If Batgirl doesnt resolve the wanted arc to my satisfaction, I may drop it as well. My loyalty to Gail, as a writer, only goes so far.

Batman Year Zero is an empty shell of a story thus far, and that he is bloating it to 11 issues, makes me cringe.

Thank goodness for Hurwitz, and the untouchable artists they have had on the Dark Knight.

Remember, in addition to Harras, the other link to the nightmare 90's is Jim Lee. Coincidence? hmmmm
dccowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #35
built2shred
Phoenix

Sounds to me like the people in Charge Of DC Comics atm are trying to push their own personally taste on everyone below them. That's why putting creative people in charge of a business is always a bad idea. You have to have someone with business sense who judges the artist work below them based on the consumer response and sales and not on how they personally think it should be done.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #36
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

^ ^
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #37
dccowen
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Marc Andreyko (sp) is the new writer on Batwoman.

It's an interesting choice. He gets a one arc tryout.
dccowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #38
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Hey mugs!

Would love to know which titles people are still reading from DC these days. I'm down to Batman, Batgirl, and Superman Un, mostly because of Snyder, but it's not horrible.
I am down to the Batman based Batbooks now, Bats/Supes, Superman UC, WW and Aquaman. That is a far cry from where I started.

From talking to the guys at my LCS DC has been bleeding readers at a terminal rate since the first year of the relaunch. Their market share has been dramatically reduced, and not because Marvel has significantly increased sales, but because fans are just not buying their stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah_snow View Post
Bob Harras equals disaster. Took Marvel to hell in a handbasket in late 90s, and he's continuing his work at DC.
110%
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #39
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I wish I could like Justice League, but just don't.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:00 AM   #40
built2shred
Phoenix

My biggest gripe with comics is the constant change of writers and artists, you get used to a comic looking a certain way then all of a sudden they change the artist and the comic has a completely foreign look to it... Same thing with Writers, they write a character a certain way then all of a sudden the character changes because they brought in new writers...

This is a really bad way to run a business, your just going to piss off your readers by constantly changing stuff.