Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-05-2015, 02:16 PM   #31
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Did Disney declare that?? I must have missed it, where was that declaration made? If so I guess Temuera might get to come back after all, although I thought this was an origin story, so I was wondering if Daniel Logan would be brought back or just recast the role altogether.

Alright, I guess "declared" wasn't the right word,

Certainly EA can't do anything in their games without Disney's express approval,

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/0...-the-jedi.html

He’s the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy, and one of the most popular characters in the entire Star Wars universe, so being inadvertently knocked into the jaws of the Sarlacc by a blinded Han Solo is certainly no way to go.

Unless you’re a fan of the Expanded Universe, the fan favorite bounty hunter Boba Fett has held the distinction of suffering the weakest death in the entire saga ever since his demise in 1983’s Return of the Jedi, But it looks like Disney has wasted little time rectifying that, with the reveal trailer for the video game Star Wars Battlefront seemingly confirming – in official canon – that Fett did survive his encounter with the Sarlacc.

Warning, this next part is especially geeky:

The article continues:

The above image is a screenshot from the Battle of Jakku DLC set to arrive ahead of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which will depict “the pivotal moment when the New Republic confronted key Imperial holdouts on a remote desert planet on the Outer Rim [and takes place] in the aftermath of the Rebel victory in the Battle of Endor”. You’ll notice that Boba Fett takes centre stage, but look to the top right and you’ll also notice a Star Destroyer crashing to the ground – the very Star Destroyer we see in the trailer for The Force Awakens…

So since this battle took place after ROTJ, and Boba Fett is in it, there you have it, he lived after ROTJ according to Disney.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:34 PM   #32
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Well, I'm not really satisfied with that explanation because Disney didn't actually make it official. These guys assume that because he's in the game that he survived, but that may not necessarily be the case. By the new canon logic it makes sense, but this game has no campaign, it's made up of a bunch of separate missions. That could mean that this game takes place across different parts of the SW timeline. Not to mention the developers of the game themselves said that canon is a bit tricky when it comes to this game. There is a lot of debate about this subject, but until I see an official Disney announcement I'll assume he's still rotting in the Sarlaac's belly.

Here is the article about the game and whether or not it's canon:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/...is-complicated
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:21 PM   #33
Luminous
Cyclops

Speaking of Battlefront as canon, I just picked up the new Lords of the Sith book and Battlefront is listed in the official Star Wars time line. It is set between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, right after Heir to the Jedi. I still doubt we will see any sort of meaningful story from the game, but I thought it was interesting that they are including it's title in published content.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:24 AM   #34
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

To clarify things, there is a Battlefront game and a novel called "Star Wars Battlefront Twilight Company".

From what I read/saw online, that the battle events of the Battlefront video game are canon. But since you can play the game at Boba Fett in ANY of the four battles, the image of Fett at the Battle of Jakku doesn't mean the Fett-man lives. That's if that planet is Jakku.

From EA's website
Quote:
Battle on planets like Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, and a previously unexplored planet, Sullust.
Pilot nimble speeder bikes, massive AT-ATs, the Millennium Falcon, X-wings, TIE fighters.
Play as memorable characters including Darth Vader, Boba Fett and more. Also encounter other beloved characters such as C-3PO and R2-D2.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 12:28 AM   #35
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
To clarify things, there is a Battlefront game and a novel called "Star Wars Battlefront Twilight Company".

From what I read/saw online, that the battle events of the Battlefront video game are canon. But since you can play the game at Boba Fett in ANY of the four battles, the image of Fett at the Battle of Jakku doesn't mean the Fett-man lives.
It just says "Battlefront" in the timeline. I imagine they would have included "Twilight Company" if that's what it was referring to.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:31 AM   #36
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The book is indeed called Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company, and it is canon.

Here is the Wookiepedia article:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battl...ilight_Company

Here is the Random House page:

http://www.randomhousebooks.com/books/9780345511218/

They mentioned this book during the Del Rey panel at Celebration although not much info was given.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:11 PM   #37
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

so glad trank isn't involved in this movie anymore

I wonder if Boba will appear in episode 7? since he survived ROTJ it would make sense. I always knew he survived, no way that bad-ass would go out like that, but maybe im biased cause Boba was my first favorite star wars character lol
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:01 PM   #38
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
so glad trank isn't involved in this movie anymore

I wonder if Boba will appear in episode 7? since he survived ROTJ it would make sense. I always knew he survived, no way that bad-ass would go out like that, but maybe im biased cause Boba was my first favorite star wars character lol
There's also no way he would have made that high pitched scream when he went in the Sarlaac's maw...IMO.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:44 AM   #39
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Here's my pitch for a Boba Fett stand-alone movie

It's seven years after the end of the Clone Wars. Seven years after Order 66. Seven years after Palatine declare himself the emperor over the Galactic Empire.

Since the death of his "father" Jango, Boba Fett has trained with the Mandalorian terrorist group Deathwatch and with the deadliest mercenaries and bounty hunters to become the most dangerous man in the galaxy. Sharing the most recognized face in galaxy, with his clone brothers, Boba Fett is the man without a face. He is a man on a mission to take back his face; a mission to kill all clones.

Boba Fett with his hand-picked team of scum and villainy, infiltrate the Galactic Empire in order to destroy the clone DNA archives on Kamino only to confront an unexpected clone.

This would make Boba Fett about 20 years old. And would explain why there are no longer clone troopers but stormtroopers.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:12 PM   #40
Spideristic
Kingpin

Josh Trank sets the story straight on why he left 'Star Wars' - LA Times
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote