Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-10-2016, 06:03 PM   #31
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
nobody as made a Klownzilla yes, so ya know it could be your stamp on history!
You think Im joking but i want to do it. However we need to get more caught up on other stuff first.

Maybe i should call Chiodos and have them prototype it. I talk to them all the time.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #32
MrYac
Hercules

honestly Jerry you finally made me an Oro, so I believe most things you say now and with that said ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Maybe i should call Chiodos and have them prototype it. I talk to them all the time.
ummm, hell friggin yeah, the creators doing the Prototype I've mentioned it before but it was a random search for Klown figures that let me know you existed in the first place and your 2 now playing Klowns are still 2 of my favorite figures ever.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:39 PM   #33
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Impossible to improve on the Stan Winston/Sideshow statue.

There is an argument to be made that the demand is there so we can make some money and collectors can get one without paying thousands of dollars.

But creatively it wouldnt be very satisfying for us.
I disagree. When I get mine from Casey Love, I'll post pictures to back up what I said. I'm not bad mouthing Stan.
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:47 PM   #34
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEYE View Post
I disagree. When I get mine from Casey Love, I'll post pictures to back up what I said. I'm not bad mouthing Stan.
The paint on Caseys will of course be much better than a China factory, but sculpturally its not going to get better than Stans. Ive seen them both in person side by side.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:58 AM   #35
DarkMario616
Kindly Asked To Leave

I hate this argument, because one grail statue was already made, there's no point to already making more.

>100s of Batman, Spiderman, and Iron Man statues, along with Dr. Doom, Magneto, and whoever DC/Marvel else has.

The point is the demand is there, the sculpt will be FINE. You said the same thing about RAIDEN and the CYBORGS and you're making them now. Why you give up on trying to do BETTER than sideshow is beyond me.

I would also like to see Klowns from Outter Space. Maybe not in 1/4 but 1/6.
DarkMario616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:25 AM   #36
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I don't like that statue at all. I loved my old SS version, but $7k was too good of an offer to turn down. I've harassed ECC to make a 1/3 PH, but would love PCS to make a more affordable version in that scale.

thats a custom project 1/3 scale. $3k. Nobody will ever get the Myers license.
HCG had the Myers license, they just didn't do a very good job with it.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:37 AM   #37
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
The paint on Caseys will of course be much better than a China factory, but sculpturally its not going to get better than Stans. Ive seen them both in person side by side.
Jerry, horror is actually a place where you could one-up Sideshow pretty easily. Sure they made Pinhead and have new Freddy/Jason/Leatherface on the way but there's probably enough interest at 1/4 scale for other Horror characters/monsters you could put their "return to horror" to shame.

I understand not wanting to tread where other's have gone because they did it "best", but there's always room maybe not to improve, but do something different, even if it's just the pose.

Characters like Pumpkinhead who we haven't seen in over a decade, and some we've never seen; Regan McNeal from the Exorcist, Pennywise from 'It', The Killer clowns, Michael Myers etc. etc.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #38
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Impossible to improve on the Stan Winston/Sideshow statue.

There is an argument to be made that the demand is there so we can make some money and collectors can get one without paying thousands of dollars.

But creatively it wouldnt be very satisfying for us.
why not do one in 1/3 scale then? I don't believe the old SS PH was perfect, it could be improved upon, but at the very least, you'd give a lot of ppl the chance who can't afford $2k+ for the old one.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:48 PM   #39
Darth Milo
Hydra

Quote:
why not do one in 1/3 scale then? I don't believe the old SS PH was perfect, it could be improved upon, but at the very least, you'd give a lot of ppl the chance who can't afford $2k+ for the old one.
I was the only one that voted (reply #92) for a 1:3 Pumpkinhead in this thread : http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...148996&page=10

It will look great in 1:3 scale and translucent resin!!
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:24 PM   #40
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMario616 View Post
I hate this argument, because one grail statue was already made, there's no point to already making more.

>100s of Batman, Spiderman, and Iron Man statues, along with Dr. Doom, Magneto, and whoever DC/Marvel else has.

The point is the demand is there, the sculpt will be FINE. You said the same thing about RAIDEN and the CYBORGS and you're making them now. Why you give up on trying to do BETTER than sideshow is beyond me.

I would also like to see Klowns from Outter Space. Maybe not in 1/4 but 1/6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Jerry, horror is actually a place where you could one-up Sideshow pretty easily. Sure they made Pinhead and have new Freddy/Jason/Leatherface on the way but there's probably enough interest at 1/4 scale for other Horror characters/monsters you could put their "return to horror" to shame.

I understand not wanting to tread where other's have gone because they did it "best", but there's always room maybe not to improve, but do something different, even if it's just the pose.

Characters like Pumpkinhead who we haven't seen in over a decade, and some we've never seen; Regan McNeal from the Exorcist, Pennywise from 'It', The Killer clowns, Michael Myers etc. etc.

Guys...The Sideshow Pumpkinhead was made by Stan Winston Studio. The greatest FX company to ever exist and the creators of the original Pumpkinhead for the movie.

It cant be improved upon. Ive seen it. Its flawless.

Quote:
If it were to ever happen i would probably go 1:3