Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-25-2022, 11:07 AM   #31
GaryTonge
Kingpin

It is a very nice piece. I much prefer the mechanized suits of the MCU vs the nano technology ones.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 12:17 PM   #32
Underoos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
But apparently they have the license for his eyes
Didn't the Sideshow maquette have an option where his eyes were just blacked out? Very glad Queen has the license to his eyes. Now if only they could get the rest of his face.

How do we feel about the height? I know there are a lot of gripes with the 1/2 scale that it's undersized, and even Hot Toys typically "undersizes" this suit. Although I think that's more of a Marvel height discrepancy than an error on behalf of the toy/statue makers, I'm curious to see if others think this one has more accurate height even though he's standing on crates.
Underoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 12:27 PM   #33
nearmint
Phoenix

The height seems ok to me. 20" at 1/4 scale is 6'8. I think Tony is supposed to be 6'1, so adding 7" for the suit seems appropriate.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 12:36 PM   #34
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
It is a very nice piece. I much prefer the mechanized suits of the MCU vs the nano technology ones.
Same, mk 3 is my fave

As for the size issue, he's certainly undersized compared to other 1/2 scale suits from queen. Surely that's all that matters in terms of size, if he's sized right then the other suits should be smaller

To me he does look double the size of the 1/4 scales though, so it might be better displaying with others that aren't half scale
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 03:21 PM   #35
EStark
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
The height seems ok to me. 20" at 1/4 scale is 6'8. I think Tony is supposed to be 6'1, so adding 7" for the suit seems appropriate.
MCU Tony Stark is 5'9 and you forgot to factor in the base.
EStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 03:36 PM   #36
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by EStark View Post
MCU Tony Stark is 5'9 and you forgot to factor in the base.
What are your thoughts? Too short?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 04:39 PM   #37
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoos View Post

How do we feel about the height?
I think the height should be 21'... however, Robocop is 22 inches high but the base is taller so this seems okay...

By the way, the 1/2 scale is $2760, has no switch outs and a standing standard pose... this one is half of that size at 1/4 scale, no switch outs, a dynamic pose it cost 3.5 times less at $795....

Yeah, this piece is worth every penny in my opinion....
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 05:38 PM   #38
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
I think the height should be 21'... however, Robocop is 22 inches high but the base is taller so this seems okay...

By the way, the 1/2 scale is $2760, has no switch outs and a standing standard pose... this one is half of that size at 1/4 scale, no switch outs, a dynamic pose it cost 3.5 times less at $795....

Yeah, this piece is worth every penny in my opinion....
The previous rule of thumb was that you doubled the price for every main scale increase. So 1/4 scale was double that of 1/6 scale, 1/3 scale was double 1/4 scale and 1/2 scale was double that of 1/3 scale.

1/2 scales in a lot of cases have barely budged relative to the increases other scales have gone through these past 7-8 years. But for whatever reason robotic type pieces have nearly always been priced higher than standard ones.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 10:18 PM   #39
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
The previous rule of thumb was that you doubled the price for every main scale increase. So 1/4 scale was double that of 1/6 scale, 1/3 scale was double 1/4 scale and 1/2 scale was double that of 1/3 scale.

1/2 scales in a lot of cases have barely budged relative to the increases other scales have gone through these past 7-8 years. But for whatever reason robotic type pieces have nearly always been priced higher than standard ones.
compared to this, this that would make the 1/2 way overpriced still? I don't think many are buying that one and the ES is also double this? QS is ass backwards some times. You'd think the ES on the 1/2 would be way smaller. If the 1/2 was priced a little better, I would definitely go for that one. Right now, it's hard to say no to the 1/4.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 10:41 PM   #40
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I'm not getting the ES announcements, 400 overseas for this, what about the ES for mainland China then? Could be another 600, which would make total ES 1000. Not sure what's going on here?
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote