Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-20-2022, 03:15 PM   #31
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
they might as well make the "this project has been canceled" post and get it over with

too bad as it is an awesome sculpt of a cool design, if they had cut that base size down by half and removed some of the switch outs im sure it could have been priced much more reasonably
That was what I was thinking too, especially given that they just announced a cancellation a day or two ago.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 03:37 PM   #32
nearmint
Phoenix

Has a Batman piece ever been cancelled?
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 03:46 PM   #33
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Right now, I feel like I'm watching a car crash in slow motion.

It seems completely redundant to even really raise the topic of price anymore. I get the feeling that the only good response is to shake my head and just walk on by.

I'm genuinely happy for those who want this piece, and are happy to spend the money on it. I don't do "comic" statues, but the concept here is really nice.

I'm a big BIG fan of the general updates of characters that moves away from capes and leotard / Speedo pant combos. I've always thought the cape on Batman just looked ridiculous - but with the nightmare version, and all these modern takes - it's moving the character design into a place I can support. They just need to drop the bat ears
Ok but at that point are you even buying a Batman? You really are just asking for some Dad in an over coat dressing up for Halloween by putting on his best Batman T shirt..LOL
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 03:58 PM   #34
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Ok but at that point are you even buying a Batman? You really are just asking for some Dad in an over coat dressing up for Halloween by putting on his best Batman T shirt..LOL
I get dropping the cape once in awhile. The new Prime 1 Advanced Suit can pull it off without a cape. But anybody wanting to lose the ears too is on par with your description. Hell, I can make that outfit here at home, lol.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 04:27 PM   #35
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Did all those 1:5 pieces revealed years ago all come out?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 04:50 PM   #36
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Did all those 1:5 pieces revealed years ago all come out?
These did. Not sure if others were announced.

nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 05:11 PM   #37
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
I get dropping the cape once in awhile. The new Prime 1 Advanced Suit can pull it off without a cape. But anybody wanting to lose the ears too is on par with your description. Hell, I can make that outfit here at home, lol.
I figured that more than a few purists would disagree with me, that's fine, and to a point - understandable.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 06:10 PM   #38
SONICobra
Batman

im glad i got the P1 pieces i did when i did, i feel for new collectors who are just getting going. at least SS is doing a good job of keeping things "reasonable" theyre just not really producing anything new and exciting lately imo

i get that production costs are higher for multiple reasons, i get it, then maybe take that into consideration when youre designing a super elaborate statue with a HUGE base of a niche character to keep the price reasonable for customers who actually would want it. i mean is that such a bizarre concept? they could have made a kick ass statue here on a much simpler base, still kept it relatively dynamic but hey - thats not the prime1 way - everythings gotta be over the top and only affordable for the most elite collector

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 06:10 PM   #39
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Not sure if it counts but the BvS Batmobile was cancelled. Another disappointment from P1 as I had that on PO from SS.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 07:30 PM   #40
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
too bad as it is an awesome sculpt of a cool design, if they had cut that base size down by half and removed some of the switch outs im sure it could have been priced much more reasonably
I mean, they probably need to cut at least $700 off of this, but no way slimming the base and dropping some switchouts gets there.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote