Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-12-2023, 11:37 AM   #31
Augen
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I may skip this trailer...if I can resist...
spoiler: It looks good.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 10:42 PM   #32
Augen
Green Arrow

Watched first two episodes.

I loved it. Felt like an extension of Revels with a more somber serious tone overall. Action, characters, settings, all of it felt so Star Wars to me

Barring a collapse this is set to be a winner alongside Mandalorian and Andor.

I'm so excited to see more in coming weeks and learn about the mysterious new antagonist Jedi who were both suitably intimidating.

This is the show I've been waiting for and felt like a reward to fans.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 02:32 PM   #33
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Watched first two episodes.

I loved it. Felt like an extension of Revels with a more somber serious tone overall. Action, characters, settings, all of it felt so Star Wars to me

Barring a collapse this is set to be a winner alongside Mandalorian and Andor.

I'm so excited to see more in coming weeks and learn about the mysterious new antagonist Jedi who were both suitably intimidating.

This is the show I've been waiting for and felt like a reward to fans.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 02:43 PM   #34
qz33
Baron Zemo

I want this to do very very well.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 05:27 PM   #35
SONICobra
Batman

as a star wars animation fan i enjoyed the first two episodes. wasnt the home run i was hoping for, definitely some nitpicks but overall fun show. one thing i didnt quite understand though is who created this map where thrawn is and put it in this elaborate tomb? if he was trapped by ezra and zipped into some unknown place via hyperspace how did they even know where he is?

i would love to see captain rex, not sure how old he would be / look at this point but he was in rebels and ROTJ which took place not too far before this show
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 07:19 PM   #36
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
as a star wars animation fan i enjoyed the first two episodes. wasnt the home run i was hoping for, definitely some nitpicks but overall fun show. one thing i didnt quite understand though is who created this map where thrawn is and put it in this elaborate tomb? if he was trapped by ezra and zipped into some unknown place via hyperspace how did they even know where he is?
From what I saw and heard, the map was created and buried by an ancient sect of Night Sisters... which is how Morgan knew about it (she is a descendant). I need to rewatch as we were having dinner and distractions were happening around that scene.

But going from that theory, I'm guessing the coven had their own maps into the greater galaxy locations that was lost over the years (maybe they could track and chart the space whale lanes?). Morgan was able to find the location combining new maps with this older map.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 08:02 PM   #37
qz33
Baron Zemo

Ahh another map to a person. Love me some maps. Sounds awesome.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 10:44 PM   #38
off
The X-Men

Was pretty good, kind of clunky in spots. I didn't watch much of the cartoons so feel a little lost. Way better than how Andor started, so definitely all in so far.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 11:22 PM   #39
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Overall, I liked the first 2 episodes but I didn't LOVE them (which is what I wanted). Anyone else feel that some scenes were REALLY slow and padded? Still, despite this, I trust in Filoni and I am excited to see where it goes.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 11:59 PM   #40
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
From what I saw and heard, the map was created and buried by an ancient sect of Night Sisters... which is how Morgan knew about it (she is a descendant). I need to rewatch as we were having dinner and distractions were happening around that scene.

But going from that theory, I'm guessing the coven had their own maps into the greater galaxy locations that was lost over the years (maybe they could track and chart the space whale lanes?). Morgan was able to find the location combining new maps with this older map.
Yeah I guess I still dont get how theyre using this ancient map that was hidden and buried inside a tomb for seemingly hundreds of years to find someone who was transported somewhere relatively recently. Aside from the timing of it how does this random night sisters map know where thrawn and Ezra went? I love filoni but I need more of an explanation than “just because”. I would like to assume it will be explained more in the future but so far no one has asked and just seems to be going along with it
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote