Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 09-06-2006, 04:28 PM   #31
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General
We'll see.
I figure you for one of those Momos who lines up outside of Best Buy the night before. You should talk to King Flipper 13 and maybe he can keep you company. You can share a sleeping bag. PS3 Wh0res.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #32
kirthew
Zot

Take it for what you want to take it... but just called my local Gamestop... they are not taking pre-orders at all for the PS3 because of the allocation... now I could just be talking to some smooh on the phone... or someone who knows what happening... But I asked him... Is this because of the allocation and he said... yeah... because they are releasing so few...

So it sounds like if you want to flip it... might be time to stand in line.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #33
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

why even bother if the thing might not even work?
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #34
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfire00
Ditto.

I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle flipping on ebay considering the production is going to be a rush job.

The secondary market sales could get very ugly via Paypal.
candyrocket786 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:56 AM   #35
swim
Birdman

Launch will be 500,000 - 750,000 units only worldwide. Good luck. Wait untill summer\fall 07.
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:06 AM   #36
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfire00 View Post
I think that's the point. More reason to flip it. A lot of the folks who are going to grab these initial units have big Christmas $$$$$$ signs floating in front of their eyes. These units are going to be in so much demand you will easily be able to double or triple your money if you sell it. And it's going to be even easier to sell if you know that these units may be rush manufactured and glitchy. Sell it, make a huge profit and then buy one for yourself when they are readily available and all the kinks have been ironed out. There are always going to be folks willing to wait in line for however long it takes to do this. I wouldn't no matter how much I could make selling it. But, given the chance, I would pre-order one from ebgames.com.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:58 AM   #37
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1 View Post
I think that's the point. More reason to flip it. A lot of the folks who are going to grab these initial units have big Christmas $$$$$$ signs floating in front of their eyes. These units are going to be in so much demand you will easily be able to double or triple your money if you sell it. And it's going to be even easier to sell if you know that these units may be rush manufactured and glitchy. Sell it, make a huge profit and then buy one for yourself when they are readily available and all the kinks have been ironed out. There are always going to be folks willing to wait in line for however long it takes to do this. I wouldn't no matter how much I could make selling it. But, given the chance, I would pre-order one from ebgames.com.
That`s very true. You know i`ve never understood people who are willing to pay $$$$$ more than retail to get hold of console at release, especially as very few are released with games worth playing. And even more so with the PS3 as there are very few (big name) exclusives it actually has now that the 360 doesn`t. And by the looks of it 360 and PS3 games will be virtually identical graphically.
One things for sure, sony won`t have such an easy time in this round of the console wars.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:57 AM   #38
Father_Jack
The X-Men

Not available in Uk untill Mar 07? it serves Sony right if everyone who was going to buy a PS3 now buys a 360 europe and the Uk always get treated second rate to the Asian and N.American markets i know for sure i won't be buying one as i can play just as good games om my pc and the games are less than half the price!
Father_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:30 AM   #39
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Yeah, now the PS3 isnt coming here till March, I definately think the 360 is looking more appealing.
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:37 AM   #40
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I don't know how much you can possibly make from flipping a $600 video game system. The word seems to be getting around that the system will lose the next console war, due to the high cost and the launch game graphics being on par with the XBox 360.

I'm more than happy with my 360 and even find the Nintendo Wii to be more interesting than the PS3.

The PS3 will be the only sytem that I won't be getting near launch day, because it will be playing catch up with the other systems and I think $600 is a lot of cash to gamble on it's success.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote