Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 04-30-2007, 09:49 AM   #31
Jabberwocky
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman View Post
Now the Pats pick up Moss for a 7th rounder and he restructures his deal....low risk/high potential gain....i like it!
The Pats could be a very dangerous team next year. This set of recievers, based on pure potential, is the best Tom Brady has ever had to throw to.

Hopefully Moss keeps his mouth shut and plays hard, unlike his time with the Raiders. I think he should since he'll be on a winning team again.
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:15 PM   #32
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

i already put money on the pats to win this year. made sure to do it before draft weekend cause i assumed they would get moss. plus with a young fast safety they only need to sure up there cb postion and they can beat anyone.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:37 PM   #33
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post

2005 - Fabian Washington (not Stanford Routt he was a 2nd round pick)
I double checked and you are correct, you did get Fabian in the first round that year. But honestly, looking back, I know everybody loves Fabian, but don't you wish you would have taken Frankie Avalon?
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:43 PM   #34
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman View Post
Pats trading away the #28 pic to SF for next year's 1st round pick is a pretty good move IMO....Potential for a top 15 pick.
Not likely...more like a late first round pick...plus, we got it back from Indy...

Face it guys...the 49ers kicked @ss and took numbers in the draft this year!!!

Plus we added DJax from Seattle...

Look out for the 9ers this year!!!
pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:54 PM   #35
rychehitman
Galactus

so whats your prediciton for the Niners Pablo......? How many wins this year?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:37 PM   #36
moon_knight1971
Rescue

The Niners will shock people this year! I just hope they don't move to Santa Clara lol.....Doesn't have the same ring now does it?
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:10 AM   #37
aka_iky
The Spirit

I think the Niners have a chance to go 9-7 or even 10-6. Gore has provided them with a running game to give Smith a little more breathing room. The loses most likely will be @Steelers, Ravens, Saints, @Seahawks, @Panthers, Bengals. The one I think could go either way is @Giants.

As a Broncos fan I was pretty happy with the draft. Not sure if we needed to move up to get Moss, but I am glad we got him rather than take a chance to see if he would slide to #21. I think we got the steal of the draft in Thomas in the 4th round. !st round talet ,but has some character issues. From what I have hear it sounds like he realizes he has been given a 2nd chance and doesn't want to blow it.

The Patriots...jeez they are going to be scary on offense this year. It will be interesting what Brady can do with a good receiving corps. I think they need to shore up their secondary and get a litlle influx of youth into their Linebacking corps.

I cannot wait for the games to begin!

GO BRONCOS!!!
aka_iky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #38
nightstar1441
Doh!

As a Dolphins fan - I gotta say -I can't tell the difference between Saban and Cameron - so far - both have shown to be pretty weak at the draft.

It's gonna be a long season......
nightstar1441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:42 PM   #39
rychehitman
Galactus

its all pretty moot.

The Pats all but LOCKED the Superbowl!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:47 AM   #40
The Watcher
Loki

No Consensus

The "experts" have been inconsistent (to say the least) in their evaluation of this year's draft.

Example:

The Sporting News gave the Miami Dolphins a grade of A+

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...=tsn&type=lgns

Miami Dolphins. The first three picks--WR Ted Ginn Jr., QB John Beck and C Samson Satele--should all become starters quickly. The smart, mature Beck could be ready by opening day. RB Lorenzo Booker will help immediately as a third-down back.

But Yahoo! Sports (Jason Cole) gave the Dolphins a grade of D.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Miami Dolphins: Coach Cam Cameron may know and love Ted Ginn Jr., but it's hard to justify taking a skinny (5-foot-11, 178 pounds) receiver with the ninth overall pick. Ginn can run, is a deep threat, played well against top opponents and can return both punts and kickoffs. Still, there's a reason that Cameron got booed by Dolphins fans when he came out to talk about this pick. The fans really wanted Brady Quinn. The Dolphins believe they got a quarterback prospect just as good in the second round with John Beck. Most of the rest of the draft was spent searching for beef along both lines and filling sundry needs, such as punter (Brandon Fields).
Grade: D
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote