Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-06-2024, 11:00 PM   #391
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Me neither Iko.

I want to see if they improve the HS or not.

I am positive this will be 50% off on Spec in a few months. They have PLENTY in stock.
Might go on sale, but won't be anywhere near 50%. I have never seen a JND that discounted.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 03:45 AM   #392
cooljellow
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
It's not just documents though. I'm suggesting that the buyer, if they're going to be spending thousands of $$, to actually contact the seller in a live video call. Get the seller to log into the JND or Store account, and show that an order was placed and paid for, then to proceed to show the appropriate supporting evidence that the statue was sent, and which courier service was used, and then the handling and documentation from that same courier service - hell, the buyer could even ask to see the payment methods used, and the corresponding electronic payment recipes!

Your average Chinese scammer is simply not going to be ready or willing to jump through those hoops to fake that kind of trail. And let's imagine you're buying from a US address or an EU address - if the US / EU seller is unable / unwilling to provide that level of detail, well, it's either a scam or they bought the product from a dodgy source - in Both cases you walk away.

I do 100% agree with you - it's trash that we have to deal with this nonsense. But, to some degree I blame the producer's, who insist on using China as a manufacturing hub. I don't buy the argument that it keeps prices low either - because 99% of producers are NOT passing those savings on to customers anyway, they're using China to simply improve their margins. I don't buy the argument that the manufacturing skills are not available in the West, because when I see some of the poor quality coming out of Chinese manufacturing - it would be child's play to establish a decent level of manufacturing in the EU / US.

In short (which this post is certainly not) - these greedy company policies to place profit over security is feeding the piracy we see, and they don't care. In my (useless) opinion, companies should stop using China for production, AND they should stop selling products to China as well - until the country establishes clear and enforceable laws to protect against these criminals.
Any idea if this is a legit seller?
When I inquired about their supplier, they indicated that they had a pre order with JND, and the products are stored in the studio factory, which charges a monthly warehouse management fee. They pay JND in full when they receive an order on eBay. Does this sound legit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166292631961?
cooljellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 06:22 AM   #393
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljellow View Post
Any idea if this is a legit seller?
When I inquired about their supplier, they indicated that they had a pre order with JND, and the products are stored in the studio factory, which charges a monthly warehouse management fee. They pay JND in full when they receive an order on eBay. Does this sound legit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166292631961?
I personally would stay clear of buying statues from Chinese Ebay sellers...could be legit, but not worth the risk in my estimation, especially at that price point.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 04:45 PM   #394
cooljellow
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I personally would stay clear of buying statues from Chinese Ebay sellers...could be legit, but not worth the risk in my estimation, especially at that price point.
Is there a way to tell if the product is legit once I receive it?
Old 03-10-2024, 06:40 PM   #395
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Is there a way to tell if the product is legit once I receive it?
Yea, order from a legitimate retailer...
Old 03-10-2024, 11:52 PM   #396
cooljellow
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Yea, order from a legitimate retailer...
What's a legitimate retailer?

Spec Fiction? - out of stock
Big Bad Toy Store? - out of stock
Sugo Toys? - out of stock
Old 03-11-2024, 01:29 AM   #397
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
What's a legitimate retailer?

Spec Fiction? - out of stock
Big Bad Toy Store? - out of stock
Sugo Toys? - out of stock
Just be patient. They will come back in stock.
Old 03-11-2024, 02:31 AM   #398
cooljellow
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Just be patient. They will come back in stock.
Really? I thought that once their allocation is gone on a limited edition run, there's no more. Only place is to get them on eBay...
Old 03-11-2024, 03:43 AM   #399
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Really? I thought that once their allocation is gone on a limited edition run, there's no more. Only place is to get them on eBay...
Correct, once the ES (Edition Size) has been sold, normally the only way to get a piece is via the secondary market (not necessarily ebay)......however, in the current global situation, there's a strong possibility that people will cancel their pre orders, and if not, then genuine collectors will follow through to final payment and sell the piece themselves on the secondary. They'd do this to avoid losing their deposit.....or maybe once they have the statue in hand, they decide it doesn't fit their collection, etc.....

The point is, Chinese sellers on ebay should be avoided at all costs. I'm saying, you're better off not owning the piece - if you're only option is Chinese sellers.

That said - and to help you out: I don't know where you live, however - if you're willing to run the gauntlet with a Chinese seller on ebay - and these Chinese sellers are somehow charging you shipping from Korea to China, and then from China to wherever you are - why not buy from Europe?

Right now, at least two well known and trusted stores (both with an online and bricks and mortar store location) have the Superman pieces for pre-order:

LCDN Belgium - https://www.lacitedesnuages.be/en/

Deriv'store France - https://www.derivstore.com/

I've used both stores, and have been satisfied with the service, communication, etc. They're not "cheap" - but you know you're buying the real thing, and if something goes wrong, you have a definite organization to contact for support, not to mention your buyer rights are protected by EU Law.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 01:02 PM   #400
cooljellow
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Correct, once the ES (Edition Size) has been sold, normally the only way to get a piece is via the secondary market (not necessarily ebay)......however, in the current global situation, there's a strong possibility that people will cancel their pre orders, and if not, then genuine collectors will follow through to final payment and sell the piece themselves on the secondary. They'd do this to avoid losing their deposit.....or maybe once they have the statue in hand, they decide it doesn't fit their collection, etc.....

The point is, Chinese sellers on ebay should be avoided at all costs. I'm saying, you're better off not owning the piece - if you're only option is Chinese sellers.

That said - and to help you out: I don't know where you live, however - if you're willing to run the gauntlet with a Chinese seller on ebay - and these Chinese sellers are somehow charging you shipping from Korea to China, and then from China to wherever you are - why not buy from Europe?

Right now, at least two well known and trusted stores (both with an online and bricks and mortar store location) have the Superman pieces for pre-order:

LCDN Belgium - https://www.lacitedesnuages.be/en/

Deriv'store France - https://www.derivstore.com/

I've used both stores, and have been satisfied with the service, communication, etc. They're not "cheap" - but you know you're buying the real thing, and if something goes wrong, you have a definite organization to contact for support, not to mention your buyer rights are protected by EU Law.....
Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I think I mentioned in the other thread that I spotted the discussion about counterfeits originally in this thread and posted here, but the figure I am interested in is JND Harley.

Given that figure has been out for a year already, I don't think waiting for a pre-order cancellation is an option.

Thanks for the store options, but I think you misunderstood the unit I was interested in.