Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-28-2014, 07:40 PM   #391
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

A user named Kai posted this photoshop on the other forum. It's a subtle adjustment, but the one on the right is a must buy...the left is a pass.

Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:43 PM   #392
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Everyone has such high expectations with this piece, I think it's going to be a case of can't please everybody.

For instance, I love the colours and wouldn't want them darkened.

I also love the un-helmeted head and facial expression. The battle is over, he's exhausted, lost a lot of friends... Of course he's staring into space in contemplation.

I don't have a problem with the helmeted head, however I won't be displaying with that one.
I agree, in the end they have to make a final decision regarding all the points being brought up and the bottom line is you can't please every single person. That's impossible for anything.

As for my critique, I just want the helmeted head fixed a bit. I like the paint apps and the helmet less head just fine.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:43 PM   #393
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
A user names Kai posted this photoshop on the other forum. It's a subtle adjustment, but the one on the right is a must buy...the left is a pass.

Yes, definitely. Nice job. I'm sure they can tweak it to fit better like that PS.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:53 PM   #394
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Loved the unpainted sculpt. It looked dark/gritty, and had a bad @ss feel. Now that Im seeing it painted up, I dunno just doesn't do it for me. Maybe its all the purples and red tones that just make it loose that feel. Its pretty good, but for $800 I need to say Holly $hit when I see it...
Even at SS prices I think I would have a hard time pulling the trigger on this one
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:03 PM   #395
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevail69 View Post
Loved the unpainted sculpt. It looked dark/gritty, and had a bad @ss feel. Now that Im seeing it painted up, I dunno just doesn't do it for me. Maybe its all the purples and red tones that just make it loose that feel. Its pretty good, but for $800 I need to say Holly $hit when I see it...
Even at SS prices I think I would have a hard time pulling the trigger on this one
It's the brighter colors which IMO tone down the aggressive look of the raw statue... Darker colors would help this big time...

They got it right with Hawkeye, they used darker colors on him and people loved it, but for some reason with Mag's they went with the lighter brighter colors which IMO is a mistake.

They should of kept the colors the same as the art work IMO...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:05 PM   #396
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Wow Mag is looking amazing every day. I would like the cap a deeper purple. But that just being picky. Just waiting for PO. Even at a 1000 seems low which is a good thing. Just hope the shops listed on the first thread don't have crazy shipping prices. It would take this statue past the $1000 mark. Still have not heard if bbst will get them. I hope... or I will be on the side lines cheering waiting to see in hand pics... Great job XM. Also the people input on here. It turning out to be a great sculpture.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:15 PM   #397
built2shred
Phoenix

Also the sad expression Magneto portrait needs to be looking left at his old friends Cerebro Helmet, it will add context to the sad expression.

And then have the helmeted Magneto with his angry expression looking forward.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:48 PM   #398
khrisc
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
A user named Kai posted this photoshop on the other forum. It's a subtle adjustment, but the one on the right is a must buy...the left is a pass.

o man thats way better!! who posted that pic? tell him to post it in XM's facebook page! last time i checked no one is talking about the helmet anymore
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #399
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Now that we have better pics, I like what I am seeing. I do agree that the helmeted head is a bit elongated but I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't put side by side with the Photoshopped pic. That would be the only thing I would want fixed and that is a minor nit pick at this point. I still think the unhelemted head's expression works in the context I stated earlier. Colors are fine too imo. Great wok XM!
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #400
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Also the sad expression Magneto portrait needs to be looking left at his old friends Cerebro Helmet, it will add context to the sad expression.

And then have the helmeted Magneto with his angry expression looking forward.
I wouldn't call it a sad expression shred. I see at as more contemplative after having just destroyed the Sentinels but also reflecting on the fact that Xavier and his school has been destroyed. XM stated on their Facebook page that they want to convey two different moods with the two head sculpts. I think they achieved that in the two head sculpts.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote