Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-11-2015, 02:28 PM   #4001
Furyan
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurlyJ View Post
LOL. I wrote the above post almost an hour ago but had to step away from the computer and just got around to hitting send, only to find the post before it reaffirms my point

Jerry, good on you for creating a piece people are falling themselves over to get. I only recently found PCS and got excited by seeing some really nice pieces. Was lucky to order 1/3 Scorpion, which I am excited to get. I spent some time trying to procure some older pieces. But the more I get the sense of how you run your company, I will be placing PCS at the very bottom of my statue priority list.
Furyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:37 PM   #4002
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
why not increase the msrp a bit to take more of the pie?

this may be a minority opinion, but I would have preferred paying say... 20% more to jerry to dissuade scalpers and have a better shot at securing one.
Secondary value would adjust accordingly. Customers would end up paying more while flippers would either charge more or make a slightly lower profit. Now they buy at 680 and resell at 1500, say. If they bought at 800, they'd sell at 1600. Retail price doesn't really deter scalping. I don't want to pay more myself so flippers can make a slightly lower profit, honestly.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:43 PM   #4003
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyan View Post
yep same reaction here. some people think they are the king and Jerry is some sort of peasant that they can control and tell what to do. Jerry is on the same level as XM in terms of listening to his customers and knowing when to not give in.

if you want to not buy PCS because of a crappy website that's fine but to say it's because of how he runs his business is insane.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:50 PM   #4004
SurlyJ
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
yep same reaction here. some people think they are the king and Jerry is some sort of peasant that they can control and tell what to do. Jerry is on the same level as XM in terms of listening to his customers and knowing when to not give in.

if you want to not buy PCS because of a crappy website that's fine but to say it's because of how he runs his business is insane.
Insane to have an opinion?

King and peasant?

Ok, sure. Why not. If you enjoy those terms, have fun with them.

It's his company to run. I think he does great work. Not trying to change that or demanding anything be changed. It's not about listening to customers or giving in or whatever, it's about an attitude. I've interacted with the owners of XM several times and Jerry as well. I don't find the experience equally satisfying. I don't like the rationale behind his decisions. I don't like that he manipulates his ES to try for instant sell outs and revels in those pieces being on ebay a minute later for 1.5x retail. That makes some collectors happy and that's fine, doesn't make me happy. We all collect for different reasons and the way Jerry runs his business has simply told me it isn't in line with the way I like to collect. I'm not denoting and objective value judgement.

I've seen XM try to make adjustments so that things don't sell out immediately and they service their loyal customers. I've seen Jerry say "tough ----, all is fair in the rat race".
SurlyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #4005
theghostinside
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

My only gripe which is the gripe of many is just the website. I can accept the fact that i missed out, but wish it was due to something else. I dont mind missing something that sells out in minutes, but it almost just seemed like a lottery system randomly picking people. Instead of being in line trying to make a purchase i kept feeling like i was being kicked out of the line and having to start all over. I love everything about pcs and will continue to still support them, but i wont allow myself to get overly hyped about each release that i care about because of the randomness of ordering.
theghostinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #4006
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurlyJ View Post
Insane to have an opinion?

King and peasant?

Ok, sure. Why not. If you enjoy those terms, have fun with them.
no you have every right to have an opinion. i just think it's insane. IMO. i just used the King and peasant reference because i have been watching too much game of thrones.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #4007
SurlyJ

Quote:
no you have every right to have an opinion. i just think it's insane. IMO. i just used the King and peasant reference because i have been watching too much game of thrones.
lol. Fair enough!
Old 03-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #4008
Furyan
Mephisto

Quote:

Actually that gif was indicating a stop and think moment for myself. I have seen some posts from PCS/Jerry that just left me scratching my head. Some of his remarks Ive read on here just seem salty,like the one on this page. That said I still feel his statues are up there with the best of the best. If it werent for PCS I wouldnt even be collecting statues.
Furyan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:19 PM   #4009
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by theghostinside View Post
My only gripe which is the gripe of many is just the website. I can accept the fact that i missed out, but wish it was due to something else. I dont mind missing something that sells out in minutes, but it almost just seemed like a lottery system randomly picking people. Instead of being in line trying to make a purchase i kept feeling like i was being kicked out of the line and having to start all over. I love everything about pcs and will continue to still support them, but i wont allow myself to get overly hyped about each release that i care about because of the randomness of ordering.
This, mostly.
I have mad respect for Jerry, but the hobby is growing, PCS is more popular than ever and this website bulls--t has to be sorted out.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:28 PM   #4010
SurlyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyan View Post
Actually that gif was indicating a stop and think moment for myself. I have seen some posts from PCS/Jerry that just left me scratching my head. Some of his remarks Ive read on here just seem salty,like the one on this page. That said I still feel his statues are up there with the best of the best. If it werent for PCS I wouldnt even be collecting statues.
That's how I thought you meant the gif, but then kevin made me rethink that lol.

I really appreciate and like when we get to communicate with owners and artists, but to be perfectly frank, I would be more behind PCS at this moment if I never read a post of Jerry's, website issues and all.

The one thing that is without a doubt is that his statues are pretty dang sweet. I don't care about much of the subject matter, but I particularly like the way PCS achieves skin tones and texture. If PCS had a license I cared more about (I have affection for MK and street fighter but am not a fanatic of either), my choice to mostly move away from collecting PCS would be tougher.