Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #4001
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
As long as it isn't The Beach!
lol no its not. I however don't think The Beach is as bad a some make it out to be. I enjoyed it somewhat.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:51 AM   #4002
bat_collector
Galactus

Blue Valentine 8/10 Heart-wrenching movie with great performances by Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling

The Town 4/10 Most over-rated movie of the year. Honestly these "gritty" crime dramas Affleck is doing are awful. I'm not sure why this movie has been getting such high ratings.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:03 AM   #4003
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
He is easily one of the best in the biz at the moment. Looking forward to seeing 127 hours.

Ironically as I post this my iPod is on random shuffle and John Murphy's score for Sunshine just started playing.
You can always count on the music in his films to be ace. He set a new benchmark with Trainspotting. Slumdog Millionaire sountrack is brill too

Awesome: I f*cking shot that!!!

Beastie Boys Madison Square Garden concert film directed by Nathanial Hörnblowér where they handed out 50 camcorders to members of the audience. You can watch the film as a grid of all the footage shot or just the edited version of selected footage

8/10
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #4004
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
I can't stand dubbed films. Gotta watch them in the language they were made or not at all.

I wonder if the US are gonna subtitle Neds...? They subtitled trainspotting at the cinema
I honestly don't remember Trainspotting being subtitled, but Red Road was subtitled in the cinema here. I saw it with a friend who is British and when it started she turned to me and asked, "uh, why is this subtitled???" We Americans are too dumb to understand you Scots.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #4005
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Somewhere (2010) - Self-indulgent Hollywood actor (Stephen Dorff) finds unexpected fulfillment spending time with his young daughter (Elle Fanning). 7/10

The twin pole dancers were very charming. They get five stars.

ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #4006
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Megamind - 7/10 : much better than I'd heard. Probably would have enjoyed it more, but I saw it at an outdoor cinema in Cenntenial Park and we had flying foxes screeching and crapping on us all night.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #4007
Rocket
Art of Mod

Let Me In - 7/10

Great but nowhere near the masterpiece both the book and the original movie were. It still infuriates me that the altered the title, considering the original was taken from a Morrisey song and had important relevance, while this one doesn't... Also the removal of two or three VERY pivotal scenes resulted in the film lacking the emotional resonance it should have had.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #4008
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I honestly don't remember Trainspotting being subtitled, but Red Road was subtitled in the cinema here. I saw it with a friend who is British and when it started she turned to me and asked, "uh, why is this subtitled???" We Americans are too dumb to understand you Scots.
If I recall correctly, here in Los Angeles, there were theaters that had this playing with subtitles and some that didn't have subtitles. The one I saw it at didn't have them, and I want to say that I specifically saw it at this theater because it didn't have them. Although, it's been 15 years since I saw it in theater, so I could be wrong on the details.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #4009
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Let Me In - 7/10

Great but nowhere near the masterpiece both the book and the original movie were. It still infuriates me that the altered the title, considering the original was taken from a Morrisey song and had important relevance, while this one doesn't... Also the removal of two or three VERY pivotal scenes resulted in the film lacking the emotional resonance it should have had.
You know I'm one of the few people I guess that thought the original version was extremely overrated. It was certainly a different take on the vampire genre and quite shocking at times but I found it to be slow and plodding throughout. Not sure if I should bother with this remake?
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #4010
patrickwm68
The Flash

Chronicles of Narnia III, 7.5/10.

It reminded me a lot of Pirates of the Caribbean.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote