Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-22-2020, 04:34 AM   #401
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

It is a 600 dollar Sideshow PF quality at best paint wise which is unacceptable for that amount of money. I my opinion Prime 1 is getting worse and worse and here the quality is not what the price is at all. At this price range I expect perfection and I think we can all agree on this one. It is not a Neca action figure where I can say it is no big deal.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 05:01 AM   #402
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Looks ok but not for that price tag. That only ensures me to never again preorder anything from P1 and always wait for in-hand pictures.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 06:24 PM   #403
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I mean, it looks alright to me. Obviously it took a hit paint wise over the proto, but which statue doesn't? The blue ribbon is awful, and the chain needs a dark wash to grime it up (super easy to do even though you shouldn't have to) But other than that, I'm not sure it's as bad as that thread on their FB group would have us believe?
One statue comes to mind that is exactly like the Proto..Prime one Dog Alien..its perfect so it can be done.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:06 PM   #404
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
One statue comes to mind that is exactly like the Proto..Prime one Dog Alien..its perfect so it can be done.
Exactly it can be done and I myself have proof that it can be done with the prime 1 pieces I have there near perfect to the prototypes so I don’t understand this settling for less attitude when prime 1 is known to have high quality products majority of the time in my opinion and having high standards isn’t bad either especially when your putting a lot of money out.
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:10 PM   #405
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
It is a 600 dollar Sideshow PF quality at best paint wise which is unacceptable for that amount of money. I my opinion Prime 1 is getting worse and worse and here the quality is not what the price is at all. At this price range I expect perfection and I think we can all agree on this one. It is not a Neca action figure where I can say it is no big deal.
I 100% agree the quality does not match the price tag not even close it’s a huge deviation from the prototype anybody who looks at the prototype can see there are major differences not small differences.
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 03:53 AM   #406
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
I'm with you, although even that is less subtle, the bottom of the dome for example. But it's certainly better than most production pieces from any company. I'm not defending Prime 1 here, I think they produce way too much stuff in too short amount of time. And their prices are getting silly at times. I just think that this looks okay without taking the price into account. Obviously if I were actually buying it I wouldn't be able to view it like that...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 12:09 PM   #407
FJC
Midnighter

This was a very ambitious piece. Lots going on with it but the paint apps fell short. That's difficult for anyone who spent so much money to add this to their collections.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 07:55 PM   #408
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
Yeah I wouldn't go that far it's way better then sideshow pf :P They are certainly a wait on production pics company for me from now on though.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 11:53 PM   #409
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Yeah I wouldn't go that far it's way better then sideshow pf :P They are certainly a wait on production pics company for me from now on though.
Sorry to disagree with you but Sideshow Lobo and dawg at the time was one of sideshows better statues and if you compare price its still holds up.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:11 AM   #410
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Sorry to disagree with you but Sideshow Lobo and dawg at the time was one of sideshows better statues and if you compare price its still holds up.
The OG Lobo PF with Dawg is still my favorite statue of the character. I love that it comes with 2 portraits and the sculpt looks great. The mixed media on it is fantastic as well. IMO, it's a great looking statue overall.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote