Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-15-2024, 02:52 AM   #401
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
Other statues might have cost more to paint due to complexity and myriad colours. Hulk looks like an easy paint job.

Perhaps that explains price.
For sure that's a factor. I'm not surprised at the price of this piece, but I am intrigued by the price gulf between this and the Gladiator Hulk maquette, which was revealed a little over 5 years ago (and still available). The GH definitely has a more complex sculpt and paintjob, a larger and more involved base, but does that really warrant a $575 difference? The overall sizes of the two statues are fairly similar, but I think we're learning that size isn't the biggest factor in determining price, at least not anymore.

Last edited by IcedDog; 03-15-2024 at 02:55 AM.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 03:06 AM   #402
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

What we have been learned years ago is that if a statue comes with the Maquette name attached to it. There is a great chance that said character statue will be hitting the market with an upper price tag attached to it than if that same character's statue comes with the Premium Format name attached.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 03:45 AM   #403
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
What we have been learned years ago is that if a statue comes with the Maquette name attached to it. There is a great chance that said character statue will be hitting the market with an upper price tag attached to it than if that same character's statue comes with the Premium Format name attached.
^ True With this though Sideshow is expecting some economy of scale with 4 versions and a popular character that historically has done very well for Sideshow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
For sure that's a factor. I'm not surprised at the price of this piece, but I am intrigued by the price gulf between this and the Gladiator Hulk maquette, which was revealed a little over 5 years ago (and still available). The GH definitely has a more complex sculpt and paintjob, a larger and more involved base, but does that really warrant a $575 difference? The overall sizes of the two statues are fairly similar, but I think we're learning that size isn't the biggest factor in determining price, at least not anymore.
Also true. The 2 biggest factors in price from production are: Factory Time & Boat Space
Hulk himself looks to be maybe just 3 pieces: his torso, legs, and head. Fewer pieces that have to be cast and glued together and few colors overall saves time.
Statue Producers have longed used size such as the "recent" 1/3 trend as differentiator to justify higher prices.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 05:43 AM   #404
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
Other statues might have cost more to paint due to complexity and myriad colours. Hulk looks like an easy paint job.

Perhaps that explains price.
Also an quite easy casting process, bcs of large compact parts (and can be made with less material/hollow/rotocast etc).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 09:18 AM   #405
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Sweet Jesus, and so it truly begins, this classic HULK thing? Not merely a distant dream, but for fcking real, he's here! And all for $835.00 & change? Smashingly insane, with my PO request/get already sent, & now for the wait.

As for size(?), this HULK is big/thick, but I don't think he will match Juggernaut big, but he will do the trick, no doubt about it.

Another great sculpt, I can't thank Sideshow & crew quite enough, but i'll try, as I ride this polystone high!

P.S. Sideshow, you are on a deliciously frantic roll! Keep them coming, keep us guessing, & please if time permits release another Apocalypse, Thing, classic Daredevil in swing, Doc Oc, Namor, and any other joys which will take us farther than before.

What a great ride 2024 is looking to be! I'm strapping in tight into my collector's seat, as i anticipate many more sculptural highs, which leave me both giddy,......................and absolutely terrified!

Best time to collect, that's what I said.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 10:54 AM   #406
Bill Lehecka
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
His entire face is sucked into the center of his skull. And I never understood WHAT he was supposed to be doing with his right hand?

Like is he asking for something with that hand out?

Strange pose.
"JOIN ME AND TOGETHER WE WILL RULE THE GALAXY...."

Wait, wrong franchise???
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:15 AM   #407
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Why would you hate to say it? It's a great looking statue!
It is a great looking statue but I don't like the character 😀
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 12:06 PM   #408
AC_808
Hercules

This is awesome as hell!! Great sculpt with a decent price.

...To keep it rolling, SSC needs to do a comic classic Iron Man PF next!

Either Mark 5...

OR

Mark 6...
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 12:12 PM   #409
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Definitely the new one over that comiquette. However, when it comes to Red Hulk, I prefer this old PF

I think this line was amazing (green, grey, red), but the fabric pants ruins it for me.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 12:28 PM   #410
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I think this line was amazing (green, grey, red), but the fabric pants ruins it for me.
I usually prefer sculpted but these are ok for me. What I despise however is the ugly neck seam (which you can even see plain as day in the pic).
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote