Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-15-2017, 08:33 PM   #401
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
At one point though, with all the back and forth angst between Ren and Rey, I was wondering if this was going to become Twilight, the Jedi version.
Does Rey bite her lower lip?
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:45 PM   #402
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Does Rey bite her lower lip?
lol... not exactly, but there were moments when it looked like they were going to drop their lightsabers and smooch. That shirtless Ren scene seemed to embarrass Rey in that Non-we're supposed-to-be-enemies-way... lol. My 10 year old daughter loved that part... lol.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:47 PM   #403
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
lol... not exactly, but there were moments when it looked like they were going to drop their lightsabers and smooch. That shirtless Ren scene seemed to embarrass Rey in that Non-we're supposed-to-be-enemies-way... lol.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:09 PM   #404
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

In one of those post it noted the "ugly side of Star Wars fans". Please, because they finally decided to constructively criticize the franchise? Most of them over looked that TFA was just a retread of a ANH. If you loved this movie you'll be validated by the metric ton of cash it will make. If you hated it... well you, like me will probably see the final installment anyway. Either way Disney wins. On a totally side note say you hated TLJ and the prequels. Out of 8 movies you hated 4 and god forbid you hated say TFA...lol Thank god for Rouge One!
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:25 PM   #405
Gothamite
Phoenix

Rogue One was 2 hours of tedious build up and unintelligible dialogue followed by a finale with too many fortuitous happenstances.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:32 PM   #406
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
In one of those post it noted the "ugly side of Star Wars fans". Please, because they finally decided to constructively criticize the franchise? Most of them over looked that TFA was just a retread of a ANH. If you loved this movie you'll be validated by the metric ton of cash it will make. If you hated it... well you, like me will probably see the final installment anyway. Either way Disney wins. On a totally side note say you hated TLJ and the prequels. Out of 8 movies you hated 4 and god forbid you hated say TFA...lol Thank god for Rouge One!
Constructively criticize?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:50 PM   #407
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Yeah constructive. I mean this is the internet so you're gonna get "This movie sux and F you cause you don't like what I like". However when people explain what didn't float their boat or why something didn't ring true to me that constructive.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:28 AM   #408
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Yeah constructive. I mean this is the internet so you're gonna get "This movie sux and F you cause you don't like what I like". However when people explain what didn't float their boat or why something didn't ring true to me that constructive.
While I agree for the most part, I dont think that's what the majority of those complaining are doing. Some are, sure. But the majority of backlash I'm seeing is simply things like:

- "I hated the movie!"
- "What complete garbage"
- "Rian ruined Stat Wars"
- "@$!% Disney!"
- "Just a bunch of SJW sh!t"

All because Snoke died before they found out whether or not their theories of who he was were correct or whether or not they were right about Rey's parents. Yep, real constructive.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:32 AM   #409
built2shred
Phoenix

I don't mind people giving constructive criticism and saying what they didn't like about the movie... But you do get the drama queens who come in declaring the Star Wars franchise is dead and try to nit pick the movie apart over the most trivial stuff.

There's stuff in TLJ I would of liked seen changed such as Leia pulling herself through space using the force or the whole mind meld thing which was a bit cheesy or Luke projecting himself across the galaxy. Kathleen Kennedy and this Director took a LOT of liberties in regards to how the force works to the point where it was a bit ridiculous IMO. Lucas did something similar with Phantom Menace where Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon could run like Speedy Gonzales... If they can move like the Flash how come they're not always doing it? anyways it's a slippery slope when you start giving over the top powers to characters....

But I still had fun watching the movie, it had lots of action, humor (some good some cringe worthy), but overall not bad.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:44 AM   #410
GaryTonge
Kingpin

.......I also disliked Luke milking that alien thing. WTF. That stuff needs to stay on National Geographic as far as I'm concerned. lol
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote