Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-23-2016, 09:52 PM   #401
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
i like both SS Spidey's. Both very different and have different feels.
I used to like the first SS com but after seeing this new pf I would say no contest. Same will be with the SS venom and the old venom com imo.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:57 PM   #402
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I used to like the first SS com but after seeing this new pf I would say no contest. Same will be with the SS venom and the old venom com imo.
I bought the first SS Venom and absolutely did not like that at all. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell he is doing. Come to think of it, in retrospect, I don't like the Venom or the Carnage.

Damn, when I think of how much dough I dropped on SS statues throughout the years, I could have bought a year's worth of call girls.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:10 AM   #403
Peedi
The Secret Six

Although I'm sure my mind will change about this because I frequently change my mind about these things but of my own 1/4 Spideys:

1. Comiquette
Action pose works from all angles, base is just right without overapowering. And for me sentimental value, it was my grail. Comparatively simple by today's standards yet highly effective.

2. Iron Studios
A visual feast over all others with a lot of details to examine. The base isn't as overpowering as some think but the pose is awkward at some angles.

3. Iron Spidey Comiquette
Cool non traditional Spidey pose in a cool alternate costume

4. Sosa
The action pose is classic and fun, all 3 heads are awesome

5. New PF
Last for me but not least by far. Excellent pose and full execution but the others are more interesting to me

I think they're all excellent but I'm highly biased. Hopefully I'll be mixing a Venom in with them.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:44 AM   #404
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I think the new Spidey PF is by far the greatest of all of them and a massive leap forward for SS statues. I think this statue massively broke new ground for the company in paint application and pose. It's an extremely dynamic pose that captures the essence of the characters nimble fighting style. The paint captures detail, shading, and muscle tone. Considering the height and odd angles of the base structure, this piece is made to last without the use of weak cheaper materials.

The comiquette is a very nice piece but I don't think the pieces are in the same ballpark. In fact I think there are very very few pieces in the same zone as the Spidey PF.

I think Venom and Goblin will continue this standard. The Goblin is in a highly dynamic stance also with exceptional detail. his height will compliment Spidey very well. For Venom, I get the feeling he will be quite large and the sense of pose I'm getting seems to be a nice aggressive stance like that if a powerful creature lunging forward closer to its prey while circling around it. As much as I like more modern versions of Venom the classic portrait was the right choice for this kind of pose. The McFarlane version appeared more nimble while more modern versions, before this stupid commando Venom, appear more large, feral, and clumsy. To me, it's the difference between being chased by an elephant versus a silverback. This Venom is a silverback.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #405
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I think the new Spidey PF is by far the greatest of all of them and a massive leap forward for SS statues. I think this statue massively broke new ground for the company in paint application and pose. It's an extremely dynamic pose that captures the essence of the characters nimble fighting style. The paint captures detail, shading, and muscle tone. Considering the height and odd angles of the base structure, this piece is made to last without the use of weak cheaper materials.

The comiquette is a very nice piece but I don't think the pieces are in the same ballpark. In fact I think there are very very few pieces in the same zone as the Spidey PF.

I think Venom and Goblin will continue this standard. The Goblin is in a highly dynamic stance also with exceptional detail. his height will compliment Spidey very well. For Venom, I get the feeling he will be quite large and the sense of pose I'm getting seems to be a nice aggressive stance like that if a powerful creature lunging forward closer to its prey while circling around it. As much as I like more modern versions of Venom the classic portrait was the right choice for this kind of pose. The McFarlane version appeared more nimble while more modern versions, before this stupid commando Venom, appear more large, feral, and clumsy. To me, it's the difference between being chased by an elephant versus a silverback. This Venom is a silverback.
For Venom, I really hope they include the change of head option with the long tongue. XM did a magnificent job with their upcoming Venom. The pose and headsculpt options are great. Considering how awesome the new Spidey PF is, I'm hoping that the Venom PF is equally great. Nothing like competition between the two companies to spur some fantastic designs!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:59 AM   #406
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
For Venom, I really hope they include the change of head option with the long tongue. XM did a magnificent job with their upcoming Venom. The pose and headsculpt options are great. Considering how awesome the new Spidey PF is, I'm hoping that the Venom PF is equally great. Nothing like competition between the two companies to spur some fantastic designs!
With SS venom they might include a tiny spider on the base as a ex. It's a hit or miss with them like the blue jacket DC girl with a magazine and leather face guy with a hammer but they can knock it outta park when they want to like leopard girl and gator guy.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:07 AM   #407
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
With SS venom they might include a tiny spider on the base as a ex. It's a hit or miss with them like the blue jacket DC girl with a magazine and leather face guy with a hammer but they can knock it outta park when they want to like leopard girl and gator guy.
Oh man, really? I'm so disappointed with Killer Croc, especially the EX head. That piece is a huge miss as far as I'm concerned.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:13 AM   #408
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Oh man, really? I'm so disappointed with Killer Croc, especially the EX head. That piece is a huge miss as far as I'm concerned.
This is incorrect.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:09 PM   #409
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I like the Killer Croc too tbh.

CBG how's your repaint of the Wolf Pred mask coming along??
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:36 PM   #410
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Although I'm sure my mind will change about this because I frequently change my mind about these things but of my own 1/4 Spideys:

1. Comiquette
Action pose works from all angles, base is just right without overapowering. And for me sentimental value, it was my grail. Comparatively simple by today's standards yet highly effective.

2. Iron Studios
A visual feast over all others with a lot of details to examine. The base isn't as overpowering as some think but the pose is awkward at some angles.

3. Iron Spidey Comiquette
Cool non traditional Spidey pose in a cool alternate costume

4. Sosa
The action pose is classic and fun, all 3 heads are awesome

5. New PF
Last for me but not least by far. Excellent pose and full execution but the others are more interesting to me

I think they're all excellent but I'm highly biased. Hopefully I'll be mixing a Venom in with them.
I agree with you Peedi. The original COM is just aces.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote