Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-14-2020, 10:28 AM   #401
JranasaurusRex
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by conglong View Post
I got my 1:1 raptor bust in December last year, after emailing Chronicle directly. I was a bit surprised at the time, given it hadn't been available for sale anywhere I could find at all, but in retrospect perhaps the financial problems were happening even then and it was a preproduction model? Regardless it's too f**ing heavy to move to check the production number!
Nothing prepares you for how big this item is, until you open the box and its really big. The base is heavy (15 pound or so), but the bust has to be 70 pounds. Total weight of 85 pounds.

Once the bust is placed into the base, it does not slide at all like other large pieces. Due to weight and 4 footers material, which does not slide. So it really difficult to get in the exact place you want with out lifting off area.

I have 6ft high display shelves, with 10 foot ceilings, so I have 4 ft, from top shelf to ceiling for 1:1 displays.

I ended up putting bust into stand, then using step ladder to move complete bust/base connected, to top shelf edge and placed onto furniture sliders, which allows you to move/slide the raptor bust into place, then pulled sliders out.

The raptor bust footers, is a good design, once its placed somewhere its not going anywhere, unless its completely lifted up or tilted and use sliders to move around.
JranasaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 05:48 PM   #402
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by conglong View Post
I got my 1:1 raptor bust in December last year, after emailing Chronicle directly. I was a bit surprised at the time, given it hadn't been available for sale anywhere I could find at all, but in retrospect perhaps the financial problems were happening even then and it was a preproduction model? Regardless it's too f**ing heavy to move to check the production number!
Number should be on the box too.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:04 PM   #403
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JranasaurusRex View Post
You know they were never even planned to build and it was all a scam.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 06:23 AM   #404
conglong
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Number should be on the box too.
Alas the outer box got water damage and I don't have it anymore. (Luckily, not the polystyrene packing, though! I don't know how I'd ever move it again otherwise.)
conglong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 05:35 PM   #405
JranasaurusRex
Fantastic Four

I purchased a bunch of stuff on 5/20/2020 from Chronicle not know what was going.

I filed a dispute with PayPal, and they said they could do nothing as it had been over 180 days. But I did an online dispute, did not talk to anyone, thus they did not have full story.

Then I called Chase INK (Visa Card), gave them the sob story, they opened a dispute. They said because it was a pre-ordered product and not delivered or full filled for any reason, it can be disputed, past the normal 60 days.

They gave me a temp credit and said I had to wait, up 2 billing cycle to hear from vendor, or until vendor responds. If no response in 60 days, full refund.

Well its only been 28 days and I got my full refund back from Chase for Chronicle pre-oreder today, not 60 days.
So Chronicle must of responded to chase and either refunded the money to Chase or Chase got the documentation/confirmed that Chronicle is out of business bankrupt and took every ones money and not full filled purchases.

Anyone who paid with credit card, call up customer service and tell the entire story, pre-sale, items suppose to be delivered Q3, attempted multiple times to contact thru their web site, no response, all products are taken off the site, law firm letter on Facebook.

After reading every ones response, I didn't think I had a chance to get my money back, but did it just as a Hail Marry, nothing to loose.

Chase told me, usually the general rule to dispute something is 60 days, PayPal 180 days. But because it was a pre-order for item promised in the future past the dispute period, company not responding to emails/refund request, taking paid in full orders and not full filling them is fraud.

See attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	135443   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	135444  
Old 12-19-2020, 08:34 PM   #406
Themarkmail
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Glad you could get it !!
Its a great advice for the forum.
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 02:36 PM   #407
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Glad that worked out.
Thanks for posting the info for all!
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:52 PM   #408
cocomonk22
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I had 10 payments of 99.90 each in 2018 for the Lost World 1:1 raptor. Would that be too long ago to file for a refund?
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 09:19 PM   #409
JranasaurusRex
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
I had 10 payments of 99.90 each in 2018 for the Lost World 1:1 raptor. Would that be too long ago to file for a refund?
I didn't think I had a chance, but said what the heck.

Not sure how or who your payment plan was from and what you used to make the payments.

But call up payment company and payment type provider and see what they can do.
Old 12-28-2020, 04:17 PM   #410
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Just received an email from partial.ly that they will return my money since chronicle won't be doing so. Keep an eye on your emails.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote