Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-02-2017, 02:21 PM   #4131
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
I like the regulars face. It's the SFV model.
Oh I'm not claiming any lack of craftsmanship or authenticity I just don't like it ya know?

But it works out this way as I can have different Ry interpretations. Tatakai Koka for IV. Evil and Beard to match the Akuma 1/3s and show with the busts. And Prototypez's Ryus for what I consider the most authentic from the games' era I hold most dear.

Still for all the ubiquitous attempts no Hadouken throwing Ryu that I consider definitive has yet been made and I consider that a grail and a challenge to any statue company. Maybe PCS will get there with the Ultra line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Finally having Akuma in hand makes me even more excited for Ryu! Having them both displayed together is going to be jaw dropping!!!
So far Akuma's pics have restored my faith in Jerry's ability to slap a factory in line to make an Evil Ryu like the prototype. I think it has even better shading and skin tones than Akuma.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:45 PM   #4132
ShinShoryuken
Kindly Asked To Leave

Ryu cannot come soon enough.
Any info on this guy's ETA?

Hopefully sooner than Akuma. Really dnt think i can wait till mid 2018!
ShinShoryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:36 PM   #4133
bonebreak2000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I think the Ryu can edge out the Akuma in my eyes. I really like the face and the base. Akumas face (while I dont mind it, its nothing compared to the 1:1 bust). So for me I'm very excited for the Ryu. Much more so than I have been for the Akuma's I ordered.

Fingers crossed on a somewhat swift release and problem free.
bonebreak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:39 PM   #4134
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinShoryuken View Post
Ryu cannot come soon enough.
Any info on this guy's ETA?

Hopefully sooner than Akuma. Really dnt think i can wait till mid 2018!
Members on payment plan mentioned that final payments were recently moved from April to June.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:56 PM   #4135
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I hope someone makes a animated switch out custom portrait for RYU like the Sosa stuff. Love those retro animated heads!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:03 PM   #4136
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonebreak2000 View Post
I think the Ryu can edge out the Akuma in my eyes.
If the Akuma production piece didnt mess up the hairline I'd say that would be a tough thing to accomplish but yeah I'm thinking the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I hope someone makes a animated switch out custom portrait for RYU like the Sosa stuff. Love those retro animated heads!
You mean like a mask? Because the head doesnt come off. (well it does but just once )
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:03 PM   #4137
ShinShoryuken
Kindly Asked To Leave

So seems like a small delay which is reasonable.

Akuma caused major ripples on his release, everyone was over the moon but Ryu is going to break the internet.
He has a larger following and his sculpt is a tad bit more jacked. It was a smart move dropping him straight after Akuma.

And the original 1/3 head is perfect for me, i'm in no rush for 3rd party sculpts
Old 02-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #4138
ShinShoryuken
Kindly Asked To Leave

@Sgt_Taz

PCS dodged a bullet this time because in my opinion, his hairline now looks more natural and better in hand.
Take it from me man, i initially hated that the hairline was different.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:10 PM   #4139
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
If the Akuma production piece didnt mess up the hairline I'd say that would be a tough thing to accomplish but yeah I'm thinking the same.

You mean like a mask? Because the head doesnt come off. (well it does but just once )
oh well. I guess evil is the ryu I liked best that one is already looking very aggressive so it will do. The reg is kind of tame. Will see later.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:15 PM   #4140
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinShoryuken View Post
@Sgt_Taz

PCS dodged a bullet this time because in my opinion, his hairline now looks more natural and better in hand.
Take it from me man, i initially hated that the hairline was different.
I hope I feel the same when I recieve mine because so far from ALL the pictures I have seen I feel the exact opposite, to me it looks like his head is wearing the hair like a wig or something instead of it being one whole. It realy catches my eye EVERY time I see a new pic wich is such a shame considering how good the rest of it seems to have come out. This could have been the unicorn in the statue world, the one perfect statue. But I will reserve my opinion for when I have him in hand, so far it is based on pics.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote