Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-20-2017, 07:48 PM   #411
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Even if he is pushing with the back leg, as I could tell, he still need support from that front foot which he has none. I bet dollars to donuts that is changed in the final piece because somebody else sees it too.

Brown Wolvie has been in the works for a while. Excited to see the final piece
In a real life scenario that this is depicting, he would not need any support under the front foot...he is launching off his back foot, leaping over the front of the base.

The "frozen in time" statue may require support under the front foot to keep it from leaning.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't change the foot, but they don't need to for any "real life accuracy" reasons.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:04 PM   #412
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
Corrected..sorry didn't know i was doing something bad...
All good mate, you didn't realise. You did the right thing and took them down.

Those pics were definitely old renders. Those of us at STGCC were given the opportunity to workshop a few upcoming products including this one and make suggestions. The tiger stripes were getting removed. Several people mentioned toning down the seams on the costume. Myself and several others mentioned that the arm position with the claws needed to be adjusted to look more natural, and also that we wanted an option to have claws with the outstretched arms. There were definitely a set of metal claws, you just didn't see them in those pics. XM was on board with all the suggestions at the time, so I'm sure this has gone through lots of revisions since then.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:13 PM   #413
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
All good mate, you didn't realise. You did the right thing and took them down.

Those pics were definitely old renders. Those of us at STGCC were given the opportunity to workshop a few upcoming products including this one and make suggestions. The tiger stripes were getting removed. Several people mentioned toning down the seams on the costume. Myself and several others mentioned that the arm position with the claws needed to be adjusted to look more natural, and also that we wanted an option to have claws with the outstretched arms. There were definitely a set of metal claws, you just didn't see them in those pics. XM was on board with all the suggestions at the time, so I'm sure this has gone through lots of revisions since then.
Yeah sorry, it wasn't my intention to hurt XM, you know i trully love their work
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:01 PM   #414
aa909
The Green Hornet

oh boy, not loving the positions of the arms with the claws extended.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:41 PM   #415
AC_808
Hercules

Well, I guess I'll just have to wait to see the actual sculpt of this piece.

Tell you right now tho, the outstretched arm design is already well represented with the new Wolverine PF. The sculpt on that statue is superb. XM will need to beat that sculpt.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:42 PM   #416
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I haven't seen pics my judgment is not based on it. Wolverine is short stalky runt of a character . I don't need bone claws as it wasn't relevant to 80s and I def don't need 25" tall Samurai batman wolverine mess!

What happened to keeping some guys down on the ground . Too many giant pieces being made .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 01:21 AM   #417
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I haven't seen pics my judgment is not based on it. Wolverine is short stalky runt of a character . I don't need bone claws as it wasn't relevant to 80s and I def don't need 25" tall Samurai batman wolverine mess!

What happened to keeping some guys down on the ground . Too many giant pieces being made .
Actually the opposite is being done. Lots of stuff you haven't seen are getting the smaller footprint treatment. XM listens to feedback and it is one of the things they are trying to accomodate.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:40 AM   #418
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That's good news. I want to be clear there are characters that need to be big and I've got few coming like Hulkbuster and Hulk Transformation. My Namor piece is exceptional as a large statue as well. I find in displaying statues with varying heights you get incredible feel to everything. Scale is so important, I love XM and will continue to buy their stuff just need to tone down stories they tell with the eleaborate bases.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:28 AM   #419
Demona
Martian Manhunter

For some pieces the elaborate base helps tell the story. For some it's a WTH situation.

The first statue that comes to mind that had a huge base that served no purpose is Magdalena. For everything else, it told a story and worked with the piece.

EDIT: Just thought of Spider-Gwen. They were going to go with that gigantic church base, but made the sensible choice to not.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:07 AM   #420
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Actually the opposite is being done. Lots of stuff you haven't seen are getting the smaller footprint treatment. XM listens to feedback and it is one of the things they are trying to accomodate.
That is great news!
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote