Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-13-2023, 08:15 PM   #411
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Collectible View Post
Whilst I originally wanted the platinum edition... I pre-ordered the regular. I can't bring myself to folk out over 3k for it. Same for the DX. And to be honest, the endo arm and shades looks kinda out of place on the stage 5. And putting the shades on the stage 4 head/bust kinda defeats the purpose. And for those reasons, I've gone with the regular which I'm pleased with the more I think about it.
The Platinum is a PREMIUM PRICE. They are charging a LOT of money for the Platinum.

The Blitzway Black Label 1:4 scale Michael Jackson was about $2000 delivered from BBTS, the Platinum T2 is $1000 more ........that's a lot of money. I understand they T2 is 1:3 has switch outs and leather and all that jazz, but they are not leaving any money on the table with each of these Platinum sales. I went all the way for the Predator and i don't regret it, but I gotta draw the line somewhere. If i go all the way on everything ...that sets a dangerous prescident.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 09:23 PM   #412
Blade3327
Nightwing

The regular is the best value IMO.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 10:03 PM   #413
superdude
The X-Men

I wonder how many people getting the Platinum are doing it for the rooted hair and glass eyes, or just for that basic Phase 4 look like me.

Feels like we're being overcharged for features most of us don't really care about.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 10:26 PM   #414
Dundee
Hydra

DX parts don't really interest me. Yes the endo arm is cool, but doesn't look that good on the statue, looks better as a standalone piece.

If they included a 1/3 chip, that would have been pretty awesome and I could see people buying the DX and platinum together as one could display the 1/3 arm and 1/3 chip together, along with the cyberdyne police shoot out, which completes the entire scene and context.

Me thinks prime should have included a 1/3 chip with the DX. The chip was in both the cyberdyne shootout and the final battle scenes.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 01:10 AM   #415
csutkakoma
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
I wonder how many people getting the Platinum are doing it for the rooted hair and glass eyes, or just for that basic Phase 4 look like me.

Feels like we're being overcharged for features most of us don't really care about.
For me the appealing parts are the premium paint, glass eyes and the hair. I love the realistic look very much and also I like the stage 4 state. Originally I wanted the final battle but when they announced the platinum after careful consideration I went with it. I hope they will deliver with the final product.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 03:22 PM   #416
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
For me the appealing parts are the premium paint, glass eyes and the hair. I love the realistic look very much and also I like the stage 4 state. Originally I wanted the final battle but when they announced the platinum after careful consideration I went with it. I hope they will deliver with the final product.
What do you mean by premium paint? I didn?t see anything in the description that stated the paint would be any different than the rest.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 04:08 PM   #417
csutkakoma
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
What do you mean by premium paint? I didn?t see anything in the description that stated the paint would be any different than the rest.
Watch the video about the platinum. And it is at the beginning of the description. Every platinum piece will be painted and crafted individually by a professional artist. It won't be a mass produced item. Platinum is prime 1 extra premium product.
Old 12-14-2023, 04:15 PM   #418
Blade3327
Nightwing

The term "extra premium" is laughable. What's the implication, that they've been slacking on the $2000 statues we've been buying so far? It's not like they've had machines painting these heads until now.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 04:27 PM   #419
csutkakoma
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so9gpKvRRhI
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2023-12-14-21-38-25-772_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	166642  
Old 12-14-2023, 04:49 PM   #420
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
The term "extra premium" is laughable. What's the implication, that they've been slacking on the $2000 statues we've been buying so far? It's not like they've had machines painting these heads until now.
Judging by the prototypes, I don?t see any significant differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
Sounds like a marketing ploy to me. QS pulled the same crap with the 1/4 Joker, but I didn?t notice any difference between the paint apps on the artist and regular editions. There isn?t any mention of this on the product page itself.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote