Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-08-2024, 03:35 PM   #421
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I wonder if it might go further down to 50% off at some point.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 11:29 PM   #422
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
BBTS now has this for 30% off. $2,029.99

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...ils/186363?o=1
That's a steal folks. Get it while you can.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 02:17 AM   #423
azurepred
Zot

If this was PatBat, I would definitely jump on it at this price.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 06:29 AM   #424
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
That's a steal folks. Get it while you can.
Agreed. I would even be prepared to suggest, that this is what the price should have been from the start - but JND wants to be a premium company, and that means premium pricing.

I'd jump on this at this price, once they're gone, pricing will shoot straight back above retail on the secondary....I believe.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 01:16 PM   #425
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Agreed. I would even be prepared to suggest, that this is what the price should have been from the start - but JND wants to be a premium company, and that means premium pricing.

I'd jump on this at this price, once they're gone, pricing will shoot straight back above retail on the secondary....I believe.
Nah, Bale Bat is now selling under $2k on eBay regularly, so that?s a $1k loss for most that got it from JND. I?ve seen Joker sell under $1500 a couple times already. Usually, we don?t see these kinds of immediate price drops at this scale on any statue to be honest, so that?s very telling how people perceive their product value outside forums.

PatBat is still holding strong at or near retail price surprisingly, so that?s a $1k difference between the two, and you would figure Bale was the more popular of the 2. I think once supply is greater on that and JND finishes all the batches, it will dip, but maybe not to $2k levels.
Old 03-09-2024, 05:47 PM   #426
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Nah, Bale Bat is now selling under $2k on eBay regularly, so that?s a $1k loss for most that got it from JND. I?ve seen Joker sell under $1500 a couple times already. Usually, we don?t see these kinds of immediate price drops at this scale on any statue to be honest, so that?s very telling how people perceive their product value outside forums.

PatBat is still holding strong at or near retail price surprisingly, so that?s a $1k difference between the two, and you would figure Bale was the more popular of the 2. I think once supply is greater on that and JND finishes all the batches, it will dip, but maybe not to $2k levels.
Not going for more than you can get one for at a retailer on eBay is normal(and those were not new). Once it sells out I also think it will go back up. There is just more options for Bale than Pat right now, though I did see him on sale as well from a retailer for $500 off during the holiday season.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 06:31 PM   #427
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:

In the "short term" - I agree with you. We'll see a lot of hustle and bustle - especially around JND pieces. Partly, due to retailers trying to offload their stocks, and "collectors" who "invested" in JND, trying to cash in.....eventually, the dust will settle, and the vast majority of these pieces will find a permanent home....that's when availability will drop. I don't expect the current batch of collectors to be impacted by this, but anyone just coming into the game - at that point, may well want to get hold of these pieces....and boy, is it going to be expensive.

But in fairness to you....that could be 12 months from now, or maybe 12 years....who knows.

It's worth mentioning though, that this product dumping phenomenon isn't limited to JND.....it's across the board. Technically, you're only losing money on these pieces if you sell them....sure, in hind sight, if you had held off buying at release, you might have saved a chunk of change.....but how many collectors take this approach and end up either missing out completely, or paying more on the secondary market......
Old 03-09-2024, 09:27 PM   #428
Irenicus
The Spirit

Quote:
Eventually, the dust will settle, and the vast majority of these pieces will find a permanent home....that's when availability will drop.
This.

Bale is very popular and this is one of their best/well made statues. This is the best 1/3 Bale in the market. Unless someone makes a better one in the interim, prices will eventually go up.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 11:39 PM   #429
azurepred
Zot

Quote:

It's worth mentioning though, that this product dumping phenomenon isn't limited to JND.....it's across the board. Technically, you're only losing money on these pieces if you sell them....sure, in hind sight, if you had held off buying at release, you might have saved a chunk of change.....but how many collectors take this approach and end up either missing out completely, or paying more on the secondary market......
True, but I?m not seeing anywhere close to the same drop in value with other companies statues compared to some of these JND statues. If something better had come out, I would understand it, but a $1k+ drop on a statue that hasn?t been out very long is crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
This.

Bale is very popular and this is one of their best/well made statues. This is the best 1/3 Bale in the market. Unless someone makes a better one in the interim, prices will eventually go up.
While it is the best 1/3 Bale on the market, I don?t think it will ever reach back to original MSRP consistently. It?s been proven over and over that most of these high ES statues in the $3k range just don?t hold their value very well. Sexy women statues are always the exception.
Old 03-10-2024, 12:12 AM   #430
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
True, but I?m not seeing anywhere close to the same drop in value with other companies statues compared to some of these JND statues. If something better had come out, I would understand it, but a $1k+ drop on a statue that hasn?t been out very long is crazy.
Yes, true - but the drop in value is completely artificial....and also inconsistent.

We're not seeing a "universal" downscaling of JND product pricing. Some retailers are offering bigger discounts then others. It's a case by case situation. I see some retailers sold out their stock of this statue, at their original MSRP......so it's clear that the "devalueing" of the statue is not a given.

And the reason why I say it's artificial - it's like a guy has an Aston Martin, normally, an Aston retails for $200K.....this guy is down on his luck, and needs instant cash, so he drops some of his assets on the market for irresistible prices - he sells his Aston for $30K.....so, do we now start an online thread that Astons are only worth $30k? - of course not, it's a special price created by a specific set of circumstances.

Retailers are dropping the price of the Bale Batman, because of their own special circumstances. If they could have sold at MSRP, they would - so, therefore the value of the statue remains the same....as a buyer today, you just need to find a desperate seller, willing to take a bath on the price.....but this is a completely normal and standard retail situation.