Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-14-2023, 05:43 PM   #421
csutkakoma
Sinister Six

We will see. All I care is that both product look good at the end and hopefully everybody will be happy. Anyway I don't think the glass eyes and the hair warrant almost 700 dollar difference. Paintjob is an other matter.

From the description:

"Materials of the highest quality, alongside honed and perfected painting and sculpting techniques, have been used to elevate this statue to a new level that few have ever seen."

There is nothing like this on the dx and regular's page.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 05:57 PM   #422
FDS
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
I wonder how many people getting the Platinum are doing it for the rooted hair and glass eyes, or just for that basic Phase 4 look like me.

Feels like we're being overcharged for features most of us don't really care about.
I like to collect for accuracy and realism, the glass eyes and hair were edging me towards it, and its supposed to be painted by the artist, but the price point for me was off putting, in pounds its way too much. It?s possibly Blitzways most expensive piece, looking at their other pieces price seemed more reasonable.

Overall I've always loved the battle damge look so leaning towards that. The DX is great but space and extra cash towards a bust I wont display, no point for me, the arm would have been nice, but have the life sizes so didnt go for it.

I hope I dont regret it, as the Platinum is a great peice, just hope QS or JND make a statue!
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 07:13 PM   #423
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
We will see. All I care is that both product look good at the end and hopefully everybody will be happy. Anyway I don't think the glass eyes and the hair warrant almost 700 dollar difference. Paintjob is an other matter.

From the description:

"Materials of the highest quality, alongside honed and perfected painting and sculpting techniques, have been used to elevate this statue to a new level that few have ever seen."

There is nothing like this on the dx and regular's page.
The part in bold sounds even more like marketing mumbo-jumbo. I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe the premium version will have a bit more nuance, but it's not like Blitzway's other statues are poorly painted. They've been doing excellent work for years now.

The glass eyes and rooted hair, on the other hand, will make an immediately noticeable difference.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 07:17 PM   #424
Blade3327
Nightwing

Duplicate

(do we really not have a Delete Post function on here?)
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 07:38 PM   #425
dao2
Cyclops

We do not
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 08:47 PM   #426
superdude
The X-Men

It's frankly astounding that the site is completely unchanged since I first joined 17 years ago. It's like it's frozen in time. Lol
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 08:58 PM   #427
superdude
The X-Men

Quote:
For me the appealing parts are the premium paint, glass eyes and the hair. I love the realistic look very much and also I like the stage 4 state. Originally I wanted the final battle but when they announced the platinum after careful consideration I went with it. I hope they will deliver with the final product.
I'm not sure I needed those things, but I agree they are some nice bonus items that help justify the price. And will hopefully ensure a better final product.

Plus I'm just a lot more curious to see how that version comes out.
Old 12-14-2023, 09:30 PM   #428
Dundee
Hydra

Stage 4 BD I'm not too worried about, I reckon they will do a good job with the paint. It's more stage 5 that I'm concerned, blood effects can easily be overdone which will ruin the exposed endoskeleton part. I want a silvery endo with a bit of red blood, but not a red hot tabasco sauce endoskeleton.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 12:58 AM   #429
csutkakoma
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Stage 4 BD I'm not too worried about, I reckon they will do a good job with the paint. It's more stage 5 that I'm concerned, blood effects can easily be overdone which will ruin the exposed endoskeleton part. I want a silvery endo with a bit of red blood, but not a red hot tabasco sauce endoskeleton.
I think Blitzway gonna shoot for quality. Don't worry about it too much. They are a great company plus IMO Prime 1 is improved a lot regarding their finished product's quality .

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
I'm not sure I needed those things, but I agree they are some nice bonus items that help justify the price. And will hopefully ensure a better final product.

Plus I'm just a lot more curious to see how that version comes out.

Did you ordered it?
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 02:47 PM   #430
superdude
The X-Men

Quote:
Did you ordered it?
Yup.