Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-04-2021, 06:39 AM   #421
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chao View Post
I love the statue but still not 100% sold on the face. It still looks a little ghoulish to me, particularly when her head is angled off the the side. I can't say it's inaccurate though - I think part of the problem is that you hardly ever see Anne Hathaway in a photo making a serious face like that. But overall I do feel like the contour under her cheek to her jaw is just ever slightly too deep.
I see the same issue, but given that I don’t have money in the game my opinion doesn’t mean much to those that do. I’ve noted it since it was revealed but the overwhelming majority of collectors have been singing nothing but praise (which it mostly does deserve), but I’m starting to think I must be seeing problems where there are none.

However it is easily the best 1/3 production piece showcasing this actress out on the market.

Here’s hoping I’m as happy with my preorder of Infinity’s piece as those who order JND’s pieces always seem to be.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:17 AM   #422
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chao View Post
I love the statue but still not 100% sold on the face. It still looks a little ghoulish to me, particularly when her head is angled off the the side. I can't say it's inaccurate though - I think part of the problem is that you hardly ever see Anne Hathaway in a photo making a serious face like that. But overall I do feel like the contour under her cheek to her jaw is just ever slightly too deep.

LOADING: Image(s)

From some angles, the mouth has a trippy freaky edge.
Is the mouth slightly over sized? ..or is the thin face having an affect, an optical illusion, playing games with the mind?
The mask helps fix both small issues.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:34 AM   #423
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I see the same issue, but given that I don?t have money in the game my opinion doesn?t mean much to those that do. I?ve noted it since it was revealed but the overwhelming majority of collectors have been singing nothing but praise (which it mostly does deserve), but I?m starting to think I must be seeing problems where there are none.

However it is easily the best 1/3 production piece showcasing this actress out on the market.

Here?s hoping I?m as happy with my preorder of Infinity?s piece as those who order JND?s pieces always seem to be.
I think people who purchase these statues (me included) can tend to get a bit "tribal" when our decision is challenged. I assume it's partially because people who have purchased may (in their own eyes) see a better product than the naysayers....but also there's an irrational need to defend our choices.

I'm trying hard to stay subjective on the topic......

The Infinity piece looks phenomenal, so glad you're going to get it. If I could justify moving into busts, I would be so tempted. I love what Infinity is doing right now, and certainly count them as a studio that rivals JND. I'm sure you'll love the piece - and maybe get tribal about it
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:34 AM   #424
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

From some angles, the mouth has a trippy freaky edge.
Is the mouth slightly over sized? ..or is the thin face having an affect, an optical illusion, playing games with the mind?
The mask helps fix both small issues.
Maybe it’s the uncanny valley effect. The piece is obviously very close, but that closeness at the same time magnifies any potential discrepancy and throws it off (to a few of us anyway) more than it should?
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:49 AM   #425
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

As a big Anne Hathaway fan, I like all 3 versions of Catwoman very much. JND for the realism, IS for the likeness, and Queens version for the overall presence. So I will be going for this setup
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	454D322B-BB90-425F-9F57-BFA3F9C797A4.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	144329  
Exorcist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:56 AM   #426
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
As a big Anne Hathaway fan, I like all 3 versions of Catwoman very much. JND for the realism, IS for the likeness, and Queens version for the overall presence. So I will be going for this setup
Wow....all three. Congratulations!!! I'm looking forward to the side by side comparison review.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:01 AM   #427
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
As a big Anne Hathaway fan, I like all 3 versions of Catwoman very much.
JND for the realism, IS for the likeness, and Queens version for the overall presence. So I will be going for this setup
I am considering this setup
Since i already own the the 1/3 Prime 1 piece and the 1/6 Hot Toys figure.
I have always wanted to own the Hot Toys Bat-pod. The life-size bust looks amazing!

Old 12-04-2021, 09:07 AM   #428
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Wow....all three. Congratulations!!! I'm looking forward to the side by side comparison review.
Thx bro, yes will definitely be making a comparison video between these 3. Looking at the release date of IS, it will probably take at least 2 years from now
Old 12-04-2021, 09:08 AM   #429
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I am considering this setup
Since i already own the the 1/3 Prime 1 piece and the 1/6 Hot Toys figure.
I have always wanted to own the Hot Toys Bat-pod. The life-size bust looks amazing!

Cool!
Old 12-04-2021, 09:27 AM   #430
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Cool!
It begs the question: Why hasn't there been a 1/4 piece?
Could it be Sideshow Collectibles has the license, but no plans on using it?