Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #421
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I decided to order her when I got back from San Diego Comic Con. I also had a $10 coupon in my mailbox so I decided to pull the trigger.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #422
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Scarlet Witch PF EX has "sold out" and has a waitlist opened.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=3001121

And so has the REG???? Hmm....that's interesting.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=300112
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #423
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
Scarlet Witch PF EX has "sold out" and has a waitlist opened.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=3001121

And so has the REG???? Hmm....that's interesting.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=300112
Maybe they weren't anticipating for this one to sell as good as she did? But then you would think they would up the ES. Who knows with them. Maybe they accidentally sold out both of them when they meant to only do the ex.

I love this piece, very beautiful. But I am not going to get her. I had the comiquette and sold it. I'm not going to bother buying statues that I like, but of characters I don't know. Eventuaylly I will just end up putting her on ebay. I am selling my Ms. Marvel too. I've decided not to pursue the Avengers line. I think it will be a healthy decision in the end.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #424
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Maybe they weren't anticipating for this one to sell as good as she did? But then you would think they would up the ES. Who knows with them. Maybe they accidentally sold out both of them when they meant to only do the ex.

I love this piece, very beautiful. But I am not going to get her. I had the comiquette and sold it. I'm not going to bother buying statues that I like, but of characters I don't know. Eventuaylly I will just end up putting her on ebay. I am selling my Ms. Marvel too. I've decided not to pursue the Avengers line. I think it will be a healthy decision in the end.
I feel the same way. I have been guilty in the past of buying statues just because they look good. It took a bit of time to learn my lesson but I feel more connected to the pieces that I now have in my collection because I have an emotional investment in the characters they represent. I also find myself being much more selective in the pieces that I buy as my tastes have matured over the years. Long gone for me are the days of ordering a piece just because it looks good or everyone on the forum says it's the next grail.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #425
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I also find myself being much more selective in the pieces that I buy as my tastes have matured over the years.

Is this you?

Just kidding! But yeah, I agree. I'm at the point now where I'm seriously evaluating my pieces, orders, and I'm about to purge the stuff that's just cool that I have no attachment to.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #426
Y3E
Gen 13

Avengers and X-Men for me. George Perez's Avengers is what started me collecting Marvel and it was the Avengers that got me to look at the Uncanny X-Men. Two sweet spots for me
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #427
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:

At times, SS baffles me. I thought the REG would not sell out because the EX took quite some time to sell out. I'm guessing not many did not like the PF. I ordered the exclusive because in my opinion, its more of an accurate comic book presentation of Scarlet Witch compared to the comiquette. When it comes to the Avengers team, I actually like the female members more than I do the male members.

Ever since I started collecting SS, I make sure that I only purchase statues and sometimes LSBs of my favorite characters. I skipped out on very cool looking statues because even though I know the characters, it wasn't enough for me to purchase them - Lara Croft, Vampirella, Skaar, and the list goes on.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:16 AM   #428
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Quote:
Maybe they weren't anticipating for this one to sell as good as she did?
I sometimes doubt they know what characters are realy loved by Marvel fans and what characters are just in the universe and are "meh".
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:06 AM   #429
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

EX and REG on waitlist doesn't mean anything, I bet when I would jump on it I convert immediately.
I absolutely like SW, but for me they screwed her with the pose and the only wow-effect is the cape. I would have bought (despite of the pose) if her suite was fabric (like Ms. Marvel).
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #430
siren3-4
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

ES of 300 for the Exclusive . . . so happy . . .

I love this statue . . . very excited to get this in . . .
siren3-4 is offline   Reply With Quote