Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-18-2021, 10:39 PM   #431
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I really don't get any of this. So they had some pre-set cap on the EX (250 plus?) and don't adjust based on overwhelming (but not unexpected) enthusiasm and unsatisfied demand? Not that they won't in the near future, but clearly hasn't happened yet.

There will hopefully be plenty of regulars through Sideshow and everyone else, plus the eyes aren't a huge deal, at least not to me. Just seems strange at the day 2 pre-order stage.
It really is tough to please everyone in this hobby. Walking a fine line between collectible and mass produced. The regular will be TBD through Sideshow
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:39 PM   #432
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I’m not sure if it’s really a bad thing. TH is using the EX basically for their own site. I’m sure SS got a few just as part of the deal. But a lot of people can still get the Statue. We have no idea what the cap is for either regular Ed or Ex. And not for nothing if the EX was 2000 wouldn’t we all be complaining it was too high? Maybe the Ex is around 250 or maybe even 500 and the Regular is around 2500. We have no idea. But with that said if you want this statue you can still get it, it will just be the non Ex.
This is the only way they can be sure more people sign up and use their site in the future.
I don't think it's a good or bad thing, just haven't seen this type of situation before. I'm more interested in the ES from a stats perspective, I'm not looking to sell or scalp, not anytime soon. Obviously we don't know the EX or Reg numbers, but they hit some sort of cap already. I thought it was usually the other way around, PO's lead to the ES determination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
It really is tough to please everyone in this hobby. Walking a fine line between collectible and mass produced. The regular will be TBD through Sideshow
Is it a fine line, though? There are pretty big order of magnitude differences between TH/XM/Sideshow (especially non A-list characters for Sideshow) ES numbers versus true mass produced. 100s or low 1,000s compared to 10,000s or more.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:55 PM   #433
DarkLantern
Justice League

I'll keep ordering direct from Tweeterhead and if one happens to sell out before I can, I'll try and get it from Sideshow. As long as I get the statue and it's great I don't care who has it.
DarkLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:30 PM   #434
slow17motion
The Spirit

After the Superman and Robin base debacle, I'll never order direct from Tweeterhead again. However, I do like their statues--so Spec Fiction and Sideshow will be the way to go if I want something Tweeterhead makes. (I will be keeping an eye out for an eventual Tygra.)

I thought about going on the Waitlist for the EX Superman. I mean, it'll be worth more because it's limited--but I never sell statues. And I NEVER use the heat vision alternate portraits (it seems like every Superman has a heat vision alternate), so I just don't care about the look of the exclusives.

I think the only heat vision portrait I'll ever use is the one for Oniri 1:6 diorama because it matches the comic it's based off of.

Anyway, I preordered this statue for 350 on Sideshow. Got a bunch of money off because I had some rewards saved up.

Now it's just a question of whether or not I want the 1:6 Koto Cyclops (because I'm Cyclops obsessed). It has been a slow year for statues.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:04 AM   #435
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I managed to get my EX order off Sideshow before it went to wait list. I had to go through Sideshow because of the Tweeterhead shipping to Canada being too much.
I like that they have pre-determined edition size for the EX. Keeping numbers low will incentivize customers to order quickly and will keep those customers happy. I know some people feel they left money on the table, but I think this business practice benefits Tweeterhead in the long run.
Sideshow has abused TBD edition sizes for a long time to the point that there is no incentive to order early. Tweeterhead is headed in the right direction. This is the way.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:38 AM   #436
Das Brutah
The Avengers

Well missed the EX window from TW and Sideshow. Surprised it sold out so quickly. On Sideshow wait list.... How often does the waitlist work out?

Should I just order the collectors edition just to be safe. Would rather have EX, but not sure likelihood of waitlist coming through. Anyone with experience or success using waitlist care to shed some light on their experience. Thanks
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:18 AM   #437
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I wanted to use my Tweeterhead rewards points for this but couldn't find anything on their site to apply them to my order yesterday. I e-mailed them, never heard back and sure enough, he sells out. I ended ordering one from Sideshow for $100 more. Good thing I'm rich! lol
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:44 AM   #438
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
I wanted to use my Tweeterhead rewards points for this but couldn't find anything on their site to apply them to my order yesterday. I e-mailed them, never heard back and sure enough, he sells out. I ended ordering one from Sideshow for $100 more. Good thing I'm rich! lol
Yeah, I know mmk had some luck getting ahold of Gwen to use some coupon credit, but no dice here either. I think it's probably something they're looking to move on from.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:53 AM   #439
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I wonder if this is the norm from now on...TH might lose some direct sales if people can go through SS. Helps those TH doesn't ship to, though.
SS upper their price on the Ex by $25 and TH offered a $25 discount on a full payment, so I end up saving $50 direct. I'm shocked it sold out so fast, but glad I didn't hesitate because I think this is the best classic suit Supes out there.

Do we even know for sure the ES is 250? I would think if it was set at that, it wouldn't have said TBD. I imagine they could've easily sold over 250 in the limited time it was available.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 02:04 AM   #440
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
Did the same thing to try and use rewards. No reply, but I was already pretty sure they either wouldn't honor the rewards at all or at least only let you use one at a time. Either way I don't care about missing out on the EX, but having to pay more to get the regular elsewhere isn't fun.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote