Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-18-2019, 05:28 PM   #441
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Other than the Batman Hush cape issue and the recent 1/4 Wonder Woman looking average i cant' think of any other issues?
While the photos are poor, there's concern about the Justice League Supes.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:37 PM   #442
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
While the photos are poor, there's concern about the Justice League Supes.
As far i know, Prime 1 Studio Justice League Superman has not shipped. Is the concern related to delays?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:40 PM   #443
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
As far i know, Prime 1 Studio Justice League Superman has not shipped. Is the concern related to delays?

Old 11-18-2019, 05:43 PM   #444
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Other than the ‘armpit’ issue (on currently one statue), I don’t see the point of spreading these badly taken photos with bad lighting, angles and lens.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:48 PM   #445
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Other than the Batman Hush cape issue and the recent 1/4 Wonder Woman looking average i cant' think of any other issues?
None of their DC movie pieces which have been released this year have gotten the greatest of receptions when it comes to comparing their production pieces to the prototype.

I myself got the JL Batman, Training WW, JL Cyborg and JL Aquaman, and even though I like them, there’s a noticeable drop in quality especially with the Training WW.

And I still have to come the JL Superman, Flash, WW, this Catwoman, Solo Aquaman; and unfortunately I don’t have the greatest of expectations when it comes to their production pieces.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:49 PM   #446
nearmint
Phoenix

I thought the JL Batman came out really nice.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:12 PM   #447
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Other than the ‘armpit’ issue (on currently one statue), I don’t see the point of spreading these badly taken photos with bad lighting, angles and lens.
Quote:
What armpits? No matter where the light comes from, we should be able to see them.
And what about the sewing of the sleeves? It’s like his arms are attached to his rib cage.

Here, I see armpits...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:37 PM   #448
ukshaun
Hercules

That Super-man does appear to look somewhat freaky around the armpit area. I shouldn't laugh, but i did
I guess the sculpt is fine. I assume it's the blue fabric at fault?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:39 PM   #449
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
I thought the JL Batman came out really nice.
I also really like it. But it’s not perfect. Mine came with a few issues (which weren’t present on everyone’s like weak magnet issues and unfinished paint).

I even like the Affleck headsculpt, but it didn’t really receive the best of receptions.

And paint wise, the body wasn’t the best but was sufficient (not perfect around the sculpted seams, but that might be nit picking for some).. And the paint app on the masked head was a significant drop from both the production pieces of the half scale and the Suicide Squad 1/3 Batman. Both of these you wouldn’t be aware of unless you had them to compare to. But again it was okay, but......

I actually like all the pieces I’ve received recently, but they all have their own issues except for Cyborg, sort of. As I personally prefer the matt like finish of the production piece over the shinier prototype.

Aquaman is okay unless you look too closely. But mine has a seam issue with the head and body (don’t know if this is only on mine though).

And Training WW. Well even a sight impaired person would be able to tell there is a real drop between the paint on the prototype and production piece. And there’s quite a couple of casting issues on mine, as well as others. A couple of collectors I know have posted great shots of it, but most of them have been run through filters etc.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:23 AM   #450
snakej32
Fantastic Four

I have to say that reading these last few comments is a little disconcerting, I thought Prime 1 was supposed to be one of, if not the best, in the statue market. What else could justify their prices? Hearing that their extremely expensive pieces are having Sideshow and PCS style QC issues is surprising and extremely disappointing. Why do staue companies do this? I've seen a lot of people dissatisfied with first 4 figures for the same kind of terrible qc issues. Why are companies hiring people that obviously are poorly skilled and/or apathetic to the products they are shipping out?
snakej32 is offline   Reply With Quote