Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 02:19 AM   #441
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedisword View Post
Hey Jerry,

Thanks for answering my Avatar question. I think you're wrong though,, I think the way that you're team tackles any license is amazing. Also you can't say that you wouldn't be able to do it because its too anime due to the fact that the SF line is very anime if Nickelodeon approached you please do this line for the fans sir. Id rather this Not be done by an lesser company. Dude I'd personally pick up like minimum 8 characters from this line (including Korra). The average fan would pickup anywhere from 3-5. There's not a single license I'd beg for but this is it.
I assume it was Dark Horse that eventually accepted Nickelodeon's proposal. Pity it wasn't PCS. Oh well

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock
While all of them are beautifully done, I am not a big fan of gross/horrific stuff. If Gallevarbe was as beautiful from the waist down as the waist up Id own her...but the lower part is too much for my tastes.

So that means Queen of the Dead is the one I like most...though Cleopsis is great as well.
This shocks me because of Jerry's background. Then again, makeup/prosthetics and statues are two different mediums.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:29 PM   #442
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I would definitely love Bowen scale SF pieces fully sculpted plus more chances for all characters to be made.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #443
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

so Jerry said he is seriously considering getting the avatar the last airbender license.

this would be epic and i hope it happens. he should tackle something outside his comfort zone.

edit: wait darkhorse got it?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Old 11-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #444
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

wanted to post in here to not clutter the ask thread but the cyborgs will most likely be made. will it be true to form mk3? probably not but we will most likely get them in some form. i doubt jerry would do the entire list of klassic characters and leave out the popular cyborgs.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #445
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
I would definitely love Bowen scale SF pieces fully sculpted plus more chances for all characters to be made.
He did a few in his Sota days.

I had them for a while. They weren't quite as satisfying for me. Looked more like toys than fine art (the latter being my preference).

But, each to their own.
He is doing action figures again.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:38 PM   #446
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
wanted to post in here to not clutter the ask thread but the cyborgs will most likely be made. will it be true to form mk3? probably not but we will most likely get them in some form. i doubt jerry would do the entire list of klassic characters and leave out the popular cyborgs.
Good!

Jinkazama in the "Ask PCS" thread reminds me of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

"Jinkazama don't care. Jinkazama don't give a sh&t."

Love ya Jinks
Old 11-05-2014, 03:57 PM   #447
DarkMario616
Kindly Asked To Leave

I really hope he does Cyrax/Sektor/Smoke in MK3. It would make a sick collection to have considering I'm not doing the 1/4 line. I would buy the cyborgs though!

If he's no longer doing the MK9 series and is only doing MKX/Klassic...well it's most likely to get their MK3 forms.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:09 PM   #448
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I think he can easily adapt the design using the MK9 Klassic version of the cyborgs. The movie Sektor wasn't bad too, liked the suit. It doesn't seem to me that Netherrealms is anal at all with characters design (as opposed to Capcom).
The fact that I'd probably buy them both in 1:3 and 1:4 scale makes the purchase easier, at least.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:11 PM   #449
DarkMario616
Kindly Asked To Leave

oh my god imagine classic cyrax in 1:3...PLEASE DO THIS JERRY
Old 11-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #450
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
so Jerry said he is seriously considering getting the avatar the last airbender license.

this would be epic and i hope it happens. he should tackle something outside his comfort zone.

edit: wait darkhorse got it?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Yeah Dark Horse are releasing the Aang monument from Korra as a statue. Whether that means they have the license or not, who knows but it's likely.

I'd love to see PCS do Avatar... however as I said in the other thread, not instead of Transformers G1.

Of course if he did both...
Closed Thread