Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-26-2019, 12:22 AM   #441
built2shred
Phoenix

Off, you have to remember JoeWorf is are local self-righteous Social Justice Snowflake, he contributes very little to anything statue related and loves to make himself look like the hero, at least in his mind. He's a joke
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:46 AM   #442
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Off, you have to remember JoeWorf is are local self-righteous Social Justice Snowflake, he contributes very little to anything statue related and loves to make himself look like the hero, at least in his mind. He's a joke
There is apparently a lot of history I'm missing.

Not a fan of politics on either side, both groups are boring.

Now hating on TLJ, that's good stuff!

off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:01 AM   #443
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Off, you have to remember JoeWorf is are (sic) [See: Hooked on Phonics remark previously] local self-righteous Social Justice Snowflake, he contributes very little to anything statue related and loves to make himself look like the hero, at least in his mind. He's a joke
Ah, but at least I'm a literate, self-righteous SJW (well, not an SJW anyway). capable of an original thought and not just regurgitating stale talking points. BTW, you left out "smug".

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
To get back on point, TFA was the safe way to go, full of fan service, I get the complaints but was still a solid Star Wars film.

TLJ went out of it's way to move away from the franchise, trash everything new presented in TFA and ruin the legacy of Luke Skywalker. None of that was a feminist agenda, it is simply a terrible movie.

I'm hoping this next movie goes the stage route. Give me fan service over garbage any day.
Quote:
... They just need to get rid of Kennedy and find someone who actually respects the franchise and not try to force their personal political agenda into the movies.
Your ally seems to think it was an agenda and attacked me with the same old SJW nonsense...like I said ... a broken record.
I actually feel just the opposite. I felt TFA was a poor rehash of ANH and ROTJ complete with yet another Death Star and emperor. It took new more diverse characters and shoehorned them into old established roles. We even got a watered down Darth Vader-lite. At least TLJ colored outside the margins and took the less predictable path. Hate it or love it, it wasn't the same old same old and stagnant.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:13 AM   #444
off
The X-Men

My ally?

Always two there are!

Lol.

Give me stagnant and predictable over self indulgent trash any day!
Old 10-26-2019, 01:31 AM   #445
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by off View Post
My ally?

Always two there are!
Lol.

Give me stagnant and predictable over self indulgent trash any day!
I already made that analogy about another "pair" of the Borg Collective/Sith Lords here some time ago in another thread. I'll take exploration over stagnation every time. "Space the final frontier... to boldly go where no man has gone before!" (Yes, I know it's a split infinitive and sexist.) Enjoy your rut, pard!
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:50 AM   #446
Python
Omega Red

There is a TLJ thread, if you like that movie (or don't) maybe consider discussing it there. A very high percentage of us seemingly aren't fans (Clearly we're all misogynists, even the female members) We don't need another thread like that here and there's no need to move that discussion over. Hopefully this movie will cause nothing but happy Star Wars thoughts...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:54 AM   #447
off
The X-Men

Lets see where TLJ boldly went shall we? We have 'your mama' jokes, a Spaceballs-esque slow chase scene through space, flying Leia, Kylo's nipples and crazy teet-sucking child killer Luke.

Bold trash, indeed!
Old 10-26-2019, 10:28 AM   #448
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Exclamation

Seriously? Are you guys really going to make me shut down another Star Wars thread?

Get back on topic!
Enough with the personal attacks!!

If you’ve already made your point about hating TLJ or even SW in general, MOVE ON! For people who supposedly don’t care anymore you still seem pretty invested. Those of us who don’t share your opinion aren’t coming here to be beaten into submission.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:15 AM   #449
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Those of us who don’t share your opinion aren’t coming here to be beaten into submission.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:43 PM   #450
off
The X-Men