Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-12-2014, 08:28 PM   #4501
kakarot117
Kindly Asked To Leave

Jerry thanks for confirming johnny, that is awesome cant wait. just wondering is baraka still set to ship in march? do you foresee any delays with him? when you say march does that mean we will get him in our hands in march or he ships from china in march?
kakarot117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:16 AM   #4502
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Jerry. The Dhalsim statue was very ambitious and you really delivered on it. The artistic vision and the end product match - which I think rarely happens for a lot of companies and statues.

The quality of design, engineering (was an engineer involved in the design of Dhalsim with the Yoga Flame head?), paint, sculpts, and packaging - everything, has improved.

I'm curious to know what processes and people you implemented that you think have made the biggest difference.

If I was to hazard a guess it seems like the communication with the factories is much better / seamless and ongoing....?

I'm genuinely interested.

And how do you feel about Dhalsim. Do you think of him as just another good quality statue, or do you think of him as a milestone - perhaps something that wouldn't have been possible a few years ago? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Cheers!
Mark
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:25 AM   #4503
MaxGoof
Nightwing

Jerry, If characters' costumes are redesigned for SFV, will the statues coming out for them in 2015 and beyond have to be in SFV design? Or will they still be able to appear in their "classic" SFIV looks?
MaxGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:47 AM   #4504
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Any chance of zord statues from the first 3 seasons of the US release of Power Rangers? And DBZ?
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:11 AM   #4505
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I think the economy is getting better so that means people have more to spend on non-essentials like collectibles.

At the same time the A List licenses like Star Wars, Marvel and DC get the vast majority of those spending dollars. So I need to stay lean as we are (as a friend of mine put it a couple months ago) the 'King of the Bs' (which sounds like an insult but really isnt). That means we dont see edition runs of 5000 or the profits that come with that (which are very significant)

Sometimes Im happily surprised by an items sales (Scorpion 1:3) and sometimes surprisingly disappointed (Chun Li vs Vega which I think is one of the nicest sculptures we have ever done).

While the Batman wall statues are doing okay in sales, they arent home runs so that tells me that collectors have a fairly rigid idea of what they want their collectibles to be.

We have an open offer from Marvel to do wall statues but seeing the 'okay' sales of Batman means I wont accept the offer from Marvel. We will just stick with DC.

Unfortunately Sideshow and a couple others own the rights to do the types of statues for Star Wars, Marvel, DC that collectors really want so we cant. So that means we will stay focused on being 'King of the Bs'.

Not a bad gig as most of these Bs are things I love such as SF and MK. I cant complain.
Thanks for the in depth answer Jerry! Much appreciated. I think that those "B list" licenses have their good fan share and your company has definitely its spot in the hobby. As somebody already mentioned, your quality is second to none.

Regarding the licenses:

-Marvel: have you tried slip in the agreement that thing to allow the statues to be displayed "normally", sitting on a shelf? The thing that you proposed for DC but was rejected. Allow to be wall mounted or displayed normally should boost the sales.

-Alien/Predator: I know you've always been into creatures and monsters, I wonder if these two iconic creatures fall into your tastes?
I heard the license is quite expensive, but recently Kotobukiya snagged the Alien license for their ArtFx+ line and Sideshow's offerings have been piss poor for a while. Any interest in this on your side?
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 10:12 AM   #4506
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hi, Jerry.I just want to ask, is there any chance you can make a poll, asking the fans which license they want to see statues get made from in 2015?Also, can you confirm if the 1/4 Raiden statue will have lightning coming from his fingertips, and if so, will the lightning light up?Cheers!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #4507
halfamazing
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hi Jerry,

Taking into consideration the new action pose and 1:6 lines for Street Fighter... How many traditional mixed media statues are we likely to see next year? And how many of the non mixed media stuff?

Thanks
halfamazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:53 PM   #4508
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Will the new 1/3 Akuma be offered in the studio line? I would be all over it,and probably another dozen ppl at least
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:15 AM   #4509
jedisword
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hey Jerry,

After HeMan who do you have planned next in terms of the mixed media line? And how far out are we looking looking at? I know you said January for HeMan but when can we expect some new pics sir?

As for the "King of the Bs" comment. I'd personally take you guys over the, Kings of the Same Old ---- a.k.a. the Kings of Flooding the Market with Worthlessness

We as fans appreciate the risks you take to make us happy and stand by your endeavors. Keep killen' it bro!
jedisword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:35 AM   #4510
MaxGoof
Nightwing

Now that Capcom has officially announced Charlie for SFV at the Capcom Cup, can you tell us if a Charlie statue is in early development?
MaxGoof is offline   Reply With Quote