Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 07-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #4511
Tiny Eli
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
AT is like an acid trip without taking acid. It's the most original interesting cartoon I've ever seen. Every episode at least once I find myself jaw dropped mumbling "wtf". I love that kind of show. The kids dig it too. Do yourself a favor and watch a few episodes, life needs this kinda entertainment.
It's definitely one of the those you can use "stupid fun" to describe.
Tiny Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #4512
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
AT is like an acid trip without taking acid. It's the most original interesting cartoon I've ever seen. Every episode at least once I find myself jaw dropped mumbling "wtf". I love that kind of show. The kids dig it too. Do yourself a favor and watch a few episodes, life needs this kinda entertainment.
That's probably a good way to describe it. While I enjoy the show for the most part, I often find it goes out of it's way to be trippy for the sake of being trippy. It even manages to get a little too dark sometimes. Not a bad thing for an adult viewer, but I don't think it's something I'd want my kids seeing just yet.

I prefer the over the top humour of The Amazing World of Gumball.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #4513
dr_teng

It's one of my favourite shows on TV now and while it definitely can get weird, the characters are super interesting and the underlying story of this post-apocalyptic society they keep slowly revealing has been pretty great. That said, I haven't liked too many of the prints from it!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #4514
Spideristic
Kingpin

Check Out New Guillermo Del Toro and 'Pacific Rim' Art Including Possible Mondo Posters | /Film

Postcards with artwork by Kevin Tong and Vania Zouravliov that were seen in the Kaiju briefcase sent for viral marketing. These are upcoming posters from Mondo now confirmed by Tong on FB.

Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #4515
FROBAY
Phoenix

Nice. The Gabz from Oddcity is still my favorite but I would still like to add the others to my collection.

Paul Shipper has a seriously cool one, the downside is it isn't a screen print just his normal giclee stuff. No word on if or when it will be for sale, unless Oddcity is picking it up.

http://twitter.com/davidsirron/statu...665280/photo/1
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #4516
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Nice. The Gabz from Oddcity is still my favorite but I would still like to add the others to my collection.

Paul Shipper has a seriously cool one, the downside is it isn't a screen print just his normal giclee stuff. No word on if or when it will be for sale, unless Oddcity is picking it up.

http://twitter.com/davidsirron/statu...665280/photo/1
That one is indeed gorgeous!
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #4517
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
Postcards with artwork by Kevin Tong and Vania Zouravliov that were seen in the Kaiju briefcase sent for viral marketing. These are upcoming posters from Mondo now confirmed by Tong on
That's funny, I thought Mondo was griping that they didn't get the license. Either way that Tong one is amongst my favourite PR prints. The OddCity Gabz one from last week is still the one to beat though.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #4518
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
That's funny, I thought Mondo was griping that they didn't get the license. Either way that Tong one is amongst my favourite PR prints. The OddCity Gabz one from last week is still the one to beat though.
The Tong one is fantastic too. I hope this movie Kicks-ass. I feel good about it.

I imagine most artists will be coming out of their caves to do a PR print. I bet we see a Stout at some point.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:52 AM   #4519
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I need to see Pacific Rim first. I don't think it will suck. The only thing I've seen from it is the prints and that first image of Idris Elba. That Kevin Tong print looks cool.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:44 AM   #4520
Spideristic
Kingpin

EXCLUSIVE: See Drew Struzan's Incredible DARK TOWER Mondo Print For Comic-Con! | Badass Digest

Mondo x SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON 2013 | Mondo: The Blog

"The Dark Tower will go on sale along with Mondo's other Comic-Con prints for Conan the Barbarian, Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle in a pre-sale this Friday, July 12. They'll also be available for purchase at the SDCC Mondo booth. AND Mondo's big Comic-Con partnership is for Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim, with four new prints by Kevin Tong, Ash Thorp and Vania Zouravliov available at the convention."

From Badass Digest:

"Listed below are the Pacific Rim posters that will be available for sale on preview night, Wednesday, July 17th when doors open:

PACIFIC RIM by Kevin Tong
Size: 24” x 36”
Edition: 375 Regular, 200 Variant
Price: $45 Regular, $75 Variant

PACIFIC RIM (Kaiju) by Ash Thorp
Edition: 350
Price: $50

PACIFIC RIM (Jaeger) by Ash Thorp
Edition: 350

PACIFIC RIM by Vania Zouravliov
Edition: 145 Per Colorway

There will be new posters available at the Mondo booth daily, and for the first time a Comic-Con presale for select prints will happen this Friday, July 12 for new artwork from Martin Ansin (Conan the Barbarian), Olly Moss (Howl’s Moving Castle and Spirited Away) & Drew Struzan (Dark Tower). All three artists will be in attendance at Comic-Con and available to autograph the prints. Check Mondo’s blog for more details on the pre-sale and signings.

Listed below are the posters available for presale this Friday, July 12th, follow @MondoNews for exact sale times. "

DARK TOWER by Drew Struzan
Size: 20” x 36”
Edition: 450
Price: $275

CONAN by Martin Ansin
Edition: 450 Regular, 225 Variant
Price: $50 Regular, $75 Variant

SPIRITED AWAY by Olly Moss
Size: 20” x 36”
Edition: 225 Variant Only
Price: $90