Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-19-2018, 10:16 AM   #451
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
After seeing more photo and video of rogues portrait, i have to say it isn’t my favorite among the x women(which is surprising for me), i’m buying it regardless but tbh i’m not the craziest about rogues portrait (looks good but doesn't blow me away like some of the others), i hope the EX is better. Absolutely love the base and sculpt of the figure, and the creative design and engineering with the base and how the statue looks like its flying is insane.
I m not crazy about the portrait either. Or the jacket. But man, does she look great suspended in air like that! And of course the perfectly sculpted body is always a plus. Wouldn't it be cool of they'd change the heads today or tomorrow...
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:16 AM   #452
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'm also thinking Rogue may be similar to the Spider-Man comiquette where his wall hand was not just simply a hand that attached to the wall, but actually had a block of the wall permanently attached to his hand that keyed into a large square on the base.
For sure. I'm expecting maybe the arm and sawblade to be one full piece with an angled rod in it.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:22 AM   #453
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I happen to like the jacket and like the use of
Mixed media. I know it’s a risk for deterioration, I have a Van Helsing PF flaking all over the place, but I just think it adds an awesome touch of realism. I have older pieces with MM that have held up just fine (John Wayne), so hopefully they use quality materials.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:31 AM   #454
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
For sure. I'm expecting maybe the arm and sawblade to be one full piece with an angled rod in it.
Yeah, that's about the only way you could do it unless the jacket comes pre-placed on the statue, because how else would you get the sleeve around all that?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:53 AM   #455
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah, that's about the only way you could do it unless the jacket comes pre-placed on the statue, because how else would you get the sleeve around all that?
A join at the shoulder probably. Slight the jacket over the arm and attach the body.

Has anyone considered this being PVC with a polystone base? It would cut weight significantly and increase customer rage by 1000%. lol
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:57 AM   #456
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
A join at the shoulder probably. Slight the jacket over the arm and attach the body.

Has anyone considered this being PVC with a polystone base? It would cut weight significantly and increase customer rage by 1000%. lol
Wouldn't bother me at all, as long as she doesn't physically appear to be made of a different material.

I keep saying I wish SS would get rid of the hideous fabric capes to do sculpted PVC capes.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:57 AM   #457
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

While facesculpt is better than Emma, Psylocke, Poison Ivy and co, I'm still not feeling this one
Overall sculpt is awesome. The other head will decide me to take it or not.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:58 AM   #458
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:

Bring it. Switch to PVC has to happen at some point.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #459
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Now show us the gambit with matching Danger Room Base Sideshow!!!
this would be AMAZING!
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:17 AM   #460
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

I was thinking about this last night too. I dont think her right arm can join at the shoulder. I dont know how a horizontal magnet could hold up her whole body. I think the right hand and the saw are all one big piece that slides into the robotics arm. But then I dont know how they would get the jacket on her, unless it was sewn directly on her.

EDIT: never thought of the PVC option. that wouldn't bother me either as long as it all looked like it was the same material and if it lightens the loa dim fine and my shelves would be fine with it too haha.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote