Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-12-2017, 04:51 AM   #451
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

These all look awesome except for Cap. I'd be tempted if I was a little more of an Avengers fan.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:14 AM   #452
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I was big fan of the OG Thor PF so really liking this fully sculpted version with similar pose.
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:08 AM   #453
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Curious on the new one's dimensions, but I think it blows the Modern out of the water. 1/5 beats 1/4 in this instance. Just a great looking piece.
While I do like this Thor, I prefer my Modern PF to it. But I also get why someone would look at the price of this and say, "wait a minute...didn't I just pay $20 more 1/4". And while he is great and does have some nice detailing to him I don't see him as anywhere near the same as the Skeletor or He-man they just produced for $450.

Granted it's only a $60 difference between him and Cap/Iron man, at this point I'm starting to question ever penny tacked onto something especially when it's in a line and the prices aren't comparable. It also makes me wonder what they might see fit to charge for the Hulk in this line.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:34 AM   #454
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

That's sorta my thing here. There is zero chance that the Hulk won't be at least $450 if not more. I was really hoping this line wouldn't be much above $400. But I see $500 in sight.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #455
AC_808
Hercules

Right, ...and if the prices are going that route, then I have to be critical about the statutes it comes with. Meaning the statues better be outstanding for those prices.

And after looking at Cap and Ironman, I'm not liking them that much. Not enough for those prices. I like Thor, but that might be it. So, right now I'm really leaning on skipping this line.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:07 PM   #456
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Right, ...and if the prices are going that route, then I have to be critical about the statutes it comes with. Meaning the statues better be outstanding for those prices.

And after looking at Cap and Ironman, I'm not liking them that much. Not enough for those prices. I like Thor, but that might be it. So, right now I'm really leaning on skipping this line.
They really need to announce a wave 2 for this line. Many collectors have some of these 4, so they are either double dipping or looking for one or two. I get it that they want these to be an entryway for new collectors, but they need something beyond these in the works, or they will lose steam fast (like has happened on numerous other lines).

Thor looked great in that video today though. Once I was actually able to see it that is.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #457
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
That's sorta my thing here. There is zero chance that the Hulk won't be at least $450 if not more. I was really hoping this line wouldn't be much above $400. But I see $500 in sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post

Agreed, but I think the way things are going if you want a smaller scale, 1/5th is also becoming out of reach. Since 1/4 seems to be headed into the $600-$1000+ range and now 1/5th is looking like $350-$450+ range I think the only thing collectors on a budget are going to be able to actively collect is 1/6th and below.

PCS' new 1/8th Street Fighter statues, if rumors are correct, are going to be about $100, which if you're into collecting lines, is pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
They really need to announce a wave 2 for this line. Many collectors have some of these 4, so they are either double dipping or looking for one or two. I get it that they want these to be an entryway for new collectors, but they need something beyond these in the works, or they will lose steam fast (like has happened on numerous other lines).

Thor looked great in that video today though. Once I was actually able to see it that is.
Double, and maybe even triple with some of the Hulk collectors. I agree, they need to at least tease the next batch, because at this point people who want to enter the line may be come skeptical especially if we're already jumping over $400 on what I had assumed was going to be Sideshow's cheaper Marvel alternative. If they're going to be spending on this they probably at least want to know they'll be able to get a good amount of Avengers.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:58 PM   #458
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Totally agree if they are going to bump these prices up then they need to show us something beyond this core 4.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:29 PM   #459
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

420 for Thor!?
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:11 PM   #460
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Thor looks great. I really don't need to collect there line since I have the 1:4 statues.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote