Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-24-2020, 02:45 PM   #451
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
There is a logistical reason, but I will have him explain it on Wednesday.

I do recall initially Chad had stated it was to be a base to fit all three. As the project progressed it became a bit more obvious that he may have misspoke. Yes he admits that he was somewhat overambitious but at the time is seemed like a great idea. The explanation is so simple but not for me to say.
Its gotta be that the peg holes would not line up since they are 3 productions over multiple years. If the peg dont fit you must abort.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:46 PM   #452
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
There is a logistical reason, but I will have him explain it on Wednesday.

I do recall initially Chad had stated it was to be a base to fit all three. As the project progressed it became a bit more obvious that he may have misspoke. Yes he admits that he was somewhat overambitious but at the time is seemed like a great idea. The explanation is so simple but not for me to say.
I know someone mentioned it during his Sunday FB Live and I really hope Chad takes it to heart. One of his biggest problems is overpromising or letting his eagerness/optimism get ahead of reality. Even recently when he stated unequivocally that Darkseid would not be late, I was cringing. Anyone that bought Darkseid can now point back to that moment with a "You promised!" and cause Chad another social media nightmare.

Chad already has a great product. This Robin statue looks incredible. Robin has been so underrepresented in statue form and Chad has really made what I think is a definitive version from the "Super Powers" era. It didn't need to be marred by this whole base controversy just like that "Batman" statue didn't need the whole "other-retailer-EX" controversy.

For me, if the base we saw pictured IS exclusive to Tweeterhead orders, I am pretty pleased since I much prefer it over what has been shown for the Req. If that base were the EX, I would've had no problem ordering direct anyway.

Not that I don't get why people would be upset - it's another case where frustration is justified and Chad should be offering full refunds to anyone that wants them. I REALLY hope people don't want to cancel, though.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:08 PM   #453
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Its gotta be that the peg holes would not line up since they are 3 productions over multiple years. If the peg don't fit you must abort.
That was a part of the decision. In all honesty it may have been somewhat of a disaster to try and do pegs in a different base for all three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I know someone mentioned it during his Sunday FB Live and I really hope Chad takes it to heart. One of his biggest problems is overpromising or letting his eagerness/optimism get ahead of reality. Even recently when he stated unequivocally that Darkseid would not be late, I was cringing. Anyone that bought Darkseid can now point back to that moment with a "You promised!" and cause Chad another social media nightmare.

Chad already has a great product. This Robin statue looks incredible. Robin has been so underrepresented in statue form and Chad has really made what I think is a definitive version from the "Super Powers" era. It didn't need to be marred by this whole base controversy just like that "Batman" statue didn't need the whole "other-retailer-EX" controversy.

For me, if the base we saw pictured IS exclusive to Tweeterhead orders, I am pretty pleased since I much prefer it over what has been shown for the Req. If that base were the EX, I would've had no problem ordering direct anyway.

Not that I don't get why people would be upset - it's another case where frustration is justified and Chad should be offering full refunds to anyone that wants them. I REALLY hope people don't want to cancel, though.
Oh absolutely. He is totally aware of not wanting to over promise until he has everything in his hands. He really wants the company to continue, and tries to resolve all issues. It's like the Devil Wears Prada, at the end of the day he doesn't get a gold star.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #454
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Just make a Robin without the tights and pixie boots and all is forgiven....oh make a Nightwing too.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:31 PM   #455
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Just make a Robin without the tights and pixie boots and all is forgiven....oh make a Nightwing too.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:31 PM   #456
stingermck
Frackin!

Edit: Wrong thread!
stingermck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:19 AM   #457
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
The original base was supposed to be an EX for Robin that could include Batgirl, Batman, and Robin, as you stated. This fell through when they saw the orders didn't line up with what they'd hoped.

This caused TH to drag its feet and slowly loose information regarding the "evolution" of the Robin base. For months people were told a reveal would be coming, but nothing materialized. During this time it was confirmed that Batgirl would no longer be included, but that she would look good near the Robin and Batman display.

I was then informed that the display would have Robin on a similar base to Batman with a connective piece to make it look like they're on the same rooftop. Months passed and we were finally able to see some of what the Robin base would look like.

Then, last week (over a year after the initial preorder), concept art was released for the base, which shows Robin and Batman on gargoyle bases--connected by a rather cheap-looking trim that both can somehow set into. Furthermore, the bases are pointed at each other, which makes no sense as no building would have two rooftop corners facing each other. It was hideous. And, of course, no actual piece was shown--just concept art--due to "webcam issues." These issues apparently persisted through the weekend and I guess through his video stream today (as no base was shown).

Throughout this entire ordeal, the description on the website remains the same (indicating that the EX base will fit Batman, Robin, and Batgirl).

I think your idea would be fine. I think, ideally, this whole thing would have been planned out well ahead of time, but that wasn't the case.

I understand that people want to defend TH--many of its fans will do so endlessly. However, this is not just a matter of being "late" as it's being presented. It's a series of false statements over the course of a year. I have NEVER canceled an order (aside from an error that I made once with Sideshow when I forgot to apply a coupon, which was corrected via chat that same day). I believe that I'm rather cordial and easy to deal with. However, when so much money is invested and the product changes during the pre-order period, that's just unacceptable.
What the heck are you ordering a Robin statue for anyways? He's a crap character and was only created to get a younger base of fans for the original comics. He was a circus performer for chrissakes and would get his ass kicked routinely if this crap was real. Now if you ordered the Robin statue because of that huge summer vegetable he's packing in those sissy shorts of his then I can't argue with you. That's pretty impressive and you're on the right path to bring all the girls (or uh hum...boys) to your yard.
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:41 AM   #458
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
What the heck are you ordering a Robin statue for anyways? He's a crap character and was only created to get a younger base of fans for the original comics. He was a circus performer for chrissakes and would get his ass kicked routinely if this crap was real. Now if you ordered the Robin statue because of that huge summer vegetable he's packing in those sissy shorts of his then I can't argue with you. That's pretty impressive and you're on the right path to bring all the girls (or uh hum...boys) to your yard.
FYI, I'm gay. And the Robin statue does look pretty hot.

I can't speak for the other guys who ordered, but--yeah. I think he looks pretty good in those little tights.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:42 AM   #459
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I've already preordered the Tim Drake Robin from Sideshow and I'm hoping that they make a Nightwing. It's about time!
Old 02-25-2020, 01:49 AM   #460
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Its gotta be that the peg holes would not line up since they are 3 productions over multiple years. If the peg dont fit you must abort.
It's a lofty endeavor, but it's not impossible if you pre-plan things. The problem is that he offered something without thinking ahead. Robin is now going on five months late and we're just receiving ugly concept art for the EX base. (Keep in mind, we were promised a look at the base several months ago before he delayed on Facebook by just not putting up a video for an extended period of time. Then it was supposed to be at a con, but wasn't. Here we are again with a promise that it will be displayed--and he postpones yet again.)

The guy has NEVER made good on his word to me, personally. After the recent concept art and the revelations about his delays in refunds and replacements, I've had enough.

I don't ENJOY being negative, and my posts about Sideshow, Spec Fiction, and XM are all overwhelmingly positive. Tweeterhead, however, crossed a line and its defenders will endlessly strawman and run people down. It's frustrating when even Chad, himself, has admitted his detractors are ACTUALLY CORRECT in videos that he posted.

The BBB rates Tweeterhead an F for a reason.

And his "restock" fee for late products isn't even a legal business practice (for those of you still looking to return for other reasons). Sideshow will offer you your deposit back because if a company fails to deliver within a reasonable amount of time (from the time frame given), they are required to refund you the entirety of your order. (I've been looking into what the FTC says about it.)