Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-20-2016, 06:38 AM   #4671
davidgroup
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

For the upcoming Batman v Superman, I'm pretty sure there 'll be the Batfleck for sure. But how about Armored-bat or Superman re-visit? Do you guys have a plan for those?

Thanks for reply.
davidgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:55 PM   #4672
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

How about a Frank Miller Batman PF?
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:16 PM   #4673
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Hi SSAlex,

With the Spidey PF set to be released soon, is there any more information you can share regarding the "golden ticket" that was mentioned in Sideshow's video during SDCC 2015? I believe the Sideshow employee said that some people will be getting a piece with Stan Lee's signature on it.

Thank you!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:01 PM   #4674
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
It's been several years since I've asked questions in this section, so pardon the "kitchen sink" posting.

DC PFs -- Martian Manhunter? John Stewart GL? Color Lanterns? Batman Family? Flash/Reverse Flash? Hawkman & Hawkgirl? Mera?

Love your wants, Nexus. Love em!

I favor the Lanterns and Justice League characters myself. More Lanterns please!
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:17 PM   #4675
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny272 View Post
Hi Alex.
I was really convinced that 12 days of Christmas would reveal a 1/4 comic batman character :-(
I asked you mid last year and you said one would be revealed before the years end. :-(
Really long time since batgirl was preordered and cant wait for killer croc or bane.
Please reveal something, i was really excited :-(

Kind regards Johnny
Unfortunately what was expected to flow out for Pre-Order mid time last year changed (as is the case quite often for upcoming projects). I have to use terminology like estimated and expected when talking about future products as things don't always flow like clockwork for all kinds of reasons (sculpt doesn't get approved, paint doesn't get approved, piece has to be bumped back due to a factory not being able to make it within the original time frame that was slated, piece fell behind in getting the prototype sculpt or paint or cut & sew done by the original deadline, and so on).

Comic Batman stuff IS happening for sure. With an estimated reveal/Pre-Order of at least one (that I'm aware of) in 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDinoHunter View Post
THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE SSALEX!

One more questions, can you confirm that both portraits (ones previewed at SDCC 2015 & NYCC 2015) will be included? It would be nice to have both portraits as switch outs!!!
Supergirl will have one portrait. It's the one that was seen at NYCC 15 with a different paint scheme for her skin, eye make-up and lip make-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
Dear Alex, thank you for answering my question. Do you happen to know if the comic version Iron Man PF is among those projects which are in the works? This is my fav modern IM from comic books

Sorry I just do not know what iteration of Iron Man IS expected to come down the pipeline. I only know there is Iron Man but do not know details beyond that at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot117 View Post
can you advise a rough time frame on when the dark knight joker pf will be up for order, I fear with it taking so long he will end up costing like $700
It's estimated to be up for Pre-Order sometime between Feb - April of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancorkill View Post
Hey Alex,

SS had put out a couple of great Conan 1/5 scale statues - the Prize and Fury of the Beast. Are there any plans in 2016 for more Conan 1/5 statues?
Nothing Conan related is expected for this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
Hey Alex,

Any plans for a new Deadpool PF or a Deadpool maquette?
I do not know. But given how much folks around here love Deadpool I can't imagine we wouldn't release something new in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiirizarry View Post
Hi Alex, also interested when Dark Knight Joker will go on preorder? Thank you Kristi
It's estimated to be up for Pre-Order sometime between Feb - April of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Hi Alex,

Is there a variant yellow and blue Wolverine being made from the brown and yellow suit PF?
Only the Brown costume for that sculpt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
It's been several years since I've asked questions in this section, so pardon the "kitchen sink" posting.

Star Wars OT PFs -- Lando, Bespin Han, Royal Guard?
LotR PFs -- are those done with? Would at least like to get Gimli, Arwen, Sam, and Merry and Pippen on Treebeard Base
Marvel PFs -- What about a new She Hulk/Red She Hulk variant? Falcon? Jim Lee Storm? Valkyrie? Comic Loki? Angela? I'm pretty sure Thanos is coming, hopefully on throne. Also any chance Marvel will let you produce Phoenix variants?
DC PFs -- Martian Manhunter? John Stewart GL? Color Lanterns? Batman Family? Flash/Reverse Flash? Hawkman & Hawkgirl? Mera?
Star Wars - There is original trilogy PFs planned. What they/who they are...I'm not at liberty to disclose.

LOTR - This line is officially finished with Sideshow at this time. I would love for us to pick it up again in the future personally (I love LOTR...adore it actually).

Marvel - Lot's of Marvel coming but just like Star Wars I'm not allowed to disclose specifics of characters. There are no variants of the Dark Phoenix piece coming.

DC - My answer for DC is very much the same as it was for Marvel and Star Wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Hi Alex, I am assuming it is only the dome, but could you please confirm which parts of the Alien Internecivus statue are plastic, and also is the listed weight a mistake? It is showing as 1.59kg which is more than four times lighter than the already very light prometheus Engineer statue, I'm guessing that is an error?

From the description.

"Engineered using an advanced combination of high-quality materials, including polystone resin and multiple durometer plastics."

Many thanks.
I honestly do not have the piece by piece breakdown for this item but much of the body and head will be made with multiple durometer plastics to to keep the details of the piece crisp/very clear.

The weight of this piece is not a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsoyens View Post
Hi Alex,

Jango fett PF and darth maul PF? are they still happening? any updates? at what stage are they in the development?

Thanks!
Jango Fett PF is happening!

A Darth Maul PF? Given the characters popularity I'd imagine there would be a revisit in the future for this Sith Lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancorkill View Post
Hey Alex,

I'm so excited to see your MOTU license! With Skeletor and Evil Lyn up for PO hopefully soon, any chance you can reveal the next character in development?

Thanks!!
I'm only aware of the three pieces already completed for the MOTU license. If Skeletor and Evil-Lyn prove to be successful then the chances of the line continuing on to explore other characters from Eternia are greatly increased. He-Man was received really well, so hopefully Skeletor and Evil-Lyn follow suit! I know there are many round the Sideshow hallways that would love to see more Masters of the Universe collectibles from this line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
Hi Alex,

Could you please let us know if the body and head sculpts of the new Phoenix PF are going to be made of polystone or not? The notification in the description states "Composed of high-quality polystone and PVC" and I'd like to know for certain before doing my pre-order.

Also, I didn't see that "warning" on the Ms. Marvel so I am assuming that she is going to be polystone for sure; is that right?

Thank you!
The bulk of the Dark Phoenix piece is polystone. Items that are thinner in nature (such as the part of her sash that is floating from her hip would be PVC in nature as such a delicate part would have a higher breakage possibility if it was in polystone as opposed to PVC that has more flexibility. Parts of her hair could also be PVC to prevent breakage as well (but that is not confirmed at this time).

Captain Marvel doesn't have any portions that are thinner/fine in nature that would need to have a more flexible material utilized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetMad View Post
Hi Alex,

My question is in relation to pricing. I am just wondering what is the reason for an approximate jump from $400 to $500 in one year? I understand price jumps, but this is far more than that. Coming from Australia this jump with shipping prices has jumped it approximately $250 for the same type of piece!! Is starting to turn a lot of us International Customers off.

I was wondering if you can please give us a clear reason for these price hikes? Please be specific. Thanks!!
I've answered this type of question many times in this thread. My answers have been met typically with mocking, jokes, outright anger/hateful comments, accusation of lying and so on throughout the board. As such I'll answer one final time and hopefully people can hunt back to reference this answer (along with previous ones within this thread). I also hope people will understand my position on not answering pricing questions any longer as well...in the end the answers are always going to remain very similar (if not the same), so it would just be repeating over and over again the same info. :-)

Increases occur due to increases in much of the following:
  • Licensing fees and additional costs that relate to having a license
  • Production costs continue to rise all the time
  • Freight charges to get product from point A to the U.S. warehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
Hey Alex

In keeping with Star Wars lighting questions, will the upcoming Kylo Ren PF have a light up base? If it's too early to answer that, then can you say whether or not his lightsaber will be the only light element on him?

Thanks!
I won't know more complete details about this piece until I am able to see the final prototype. I do not know at this time if there will be light-up features included or not. The only details I do know about this piece is that it will have a fabric costume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum18 View Post
Hey Alex,
Captain America The Winter Soldier PF has been delayed (again) and is now expected to arrive April-May.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectib...ibles-3003771/

With ALL the delays it had, is there any chance that this is due for re-scuplting the head to look like Chris Evans??? At the moment, it looks NOTHING, but truly N-O-T-H-I-N-G like him, and this is supposed to be from the movie...

2014:
January: PO opens!
April: Movie is released!

2015:
February (Original release date)
June
September
October

2016:
January
February-March
and now April-May...
The head has not been resculpted on Captain America. The most recent delay for this piece (as well as few others) has to do with the upcoming Chinese New Year holiday. Some project that were due to be done before the Chinese New Year aren't going to make it, so they had to be pushed back in release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Hi Alex,

Any idea when the Gamora will be up for preorder?
Hopefully within the next couple of months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
LEGENDARY SCALE DARTH VADER????
Still happening is the last I heard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
Hi Alex, Obi-Wan Kenobi Premium Format Figure from Episode III Revenge of the Sith is planned or not in the near future?

Thank you.
I haven't heard anything about a possible Obi-Wan in the near future. Maybe in a couple of years though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgroup View Post
For the upcoming Batman v Superman, I'm pretty sure there 'll be the Batfleck for sure. But how about Armored-bat or Superman re-visit? Do you guys have a plan for those?

Thanks for reply.
I don't know the details of future Batman and Superman items...just that more are in the works from the Bats and Supes universes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
How about a Frank Miller Batman PF?
Sorry, like I said above, I don't know what the details the future Bat-verse items are just that they are coming. So if there is a Frank Miller type Batman piece coming I just am not in the know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hi SSAlex,

With the Spidey PF set to be released soon, is there any more information you can share regarding the "golden ticket" that was mentioned in Sideshow's video during SDCC 2015? I believe the Sideshow employee said that some people will be getting a piece with Stan Lee's signature on it.

Thank you!
It hasn't been 100% decided how they will be doled out but they will be after all pieces have been shipped out since these are coming in batches. We will either have a list compiled and have random people chosen to receive the signed item. Or we'll create a hidden contest page (since that majority of folks have no idea about this special item), send an email to everyone that purchased the Spidey PF, have them enter if they are interested in being one of the randomly chosen folks to receive the signed item (final randomly picked winners would be cross referenced with the list of those that purchased to ensure only those receiving the Stan Lee signed item are actual purchasers). Even when contest pages are hidden people still find them (or others post links on forums/social groups), so we'd cross reference the purchasers list to ensure the right folks randomly chosen are within that group.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:59 PM   #4676
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
It hasn't been 100% decided how they will be doled out but they will be after all pieces have been shipped out since these are coming in batches. We will either have a list compiled and have random people chosen to receive the signed item. Or we'll create a hidden contest page (since that majority of folks have no idea about this special item), send an email to everyone that purchased the Spidey PF, have them enter if they are interested in being one of the randomly chosen folks to receive the signed item (final randomly picked winners would be cross referenced with the list of those that purchased to ensure only those receiving the Stan Lee signed item are actual purchasers). Even when contest pages are hidden people still find them (or others post links on forums/social groups), so we'd cross reference the purchasers list to ensure the right folks randomly chosen are within that group.
Knowing the odds are slim of getting one anyway I think these methods are fair. Cool!
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:25 AM   #4677
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Knowing the odds are slim of getting one anyway I think these methods are fair. Cool!
I agree. Thanks Alex!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:30 AM   #4678
SONICobra
Batman

hi alex, do you know what light up features the lex luthor pf will have? thanks
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 01:35 AM   #4679
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

MARK VII MID-FLIGHT POSE PF???? was teased a whale back, was shown with the MK43 PF MK2 PF MKIII PF are these still happening?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:16 AM   #4680
Saturnyne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I am glad that SSAlex is open to the idea of having such a thread on this forum. I know that Ask Sideshow has been a regular section on Sideshow Collectors forum for quite some time so it would be great to have one here to interact with Sideshow staff that are so inclined.
This!!! Thank you,Alex.
Saturnyne is offline   Reply With Quote