Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-22-2016, 06:05 AM   #461
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Neca head is still too big too. Sideshow's head is comical. I only hope Prime 1 kills it!!! Original Sideshow Predator is still best so far. Ex version.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:08 AM   #462
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
You are nowhere near the most anal person here about movie accuracy, or accuracy period, if you think that leg armor is acceptable.

Pretty clear from this picture that the Bio is nearly as long as the torso. Definitely too big.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 06:40 AM   #463
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

You'll have to trust THX217 on this one...he has seen it in person and knows his stuff...and we all know how photos can be utterly deceiving.
I'd wait for better photos...
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:32 AM   #464
Redpower
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

You got my interest with this Sideshow, pose and interpretation took me to the childhood. Most intriguate piece from ssdcc, well done ss.

Bane and deadpool also cool.

Go on like this SS , i know you can bring the best pieces in collectibles.
Redpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:45 AM   #465
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpower View Post
Most intriguate piece from ssdcc, well done ss.
Deadpool & Predator 1 maquette are certainly good contenders for most intricate piece at the show but imho Malavestros wears the crown!
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:56 AM   #466
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm still in love with this piece. As someone mentioned earlier, armor moves and shifts. ESPECIALLY on the thighs. Anyone who's ever worn a thigh holster knows this. So I'm not upset about the leg armor. The Predator is in a walking pose so it's acceptable.

As far as the bio size is concerned, I believe it's accurate. There are many behind the scenes photos that show the bio as appearing quite large in some shots as opposed to others so I'm sure what some are seeing is camera trickery.

This will indeed be mine.
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 10:24 AM   #467
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeswalker View Post
I'm still in love with this piece. As someone mentioned earlier, armor moves and shifts. ESPECIALLY on the thighs. Anyone who's ever worn a thigh holster knows this. So I'm not upset about the leg armor. The Predator is in a walking pose so it's acceptable.

As far as the bio size is concerned, I believe it's accurate. There are many behind the scenes photos that show the bio as appearing quite large in some shots as opposed to others so I'm sure what some are seeing is camera trickery.

This will indeed be mine.
I understand that you may be interested in this regardless, as many people probably are. But to try to rationalize a serious error by saying that it could happen in the real world is kind of silly. If you purchased a Superman statue, and it had considerable brown overspray on the butt, would you say "People fart, and sometimes more than air comes out. It's acceptable."? Throughout all of the Predator movies, how many times did you observe the leg armor out of place? Did it become misaligned during filming? It's very possible. But the director would never intentionally allow that to make it into the film. In the real world, Bruce Banner's pants would never remain intact after he changed into the Hulk. Would that knowledge comfort you if SS forgot to add the pants to your Hulk statue?
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:02 AM   #468
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
I understand that you may be interested in this regardless, as many people probably are. But to try to rationalize a serious error by saying that it could happen in the real world is kind of silly. If you purchased a Superman statue, and it had considerable brown overspray on the butt, would you say "People fart, and sometimes more than air comes out. It's acceptable."? Throughout all of the Predator movies, how many times did you observe the leg armor out of place? Did it become misaligned during filming? It's very possible. But the director would never intentionally allow that to make it into the film. In the real world, Bruce Banner's pants would never remain intact after he changed into the Hulk. Would that knowledge comfort you if SS forgot to add the pants to your Hulk statue?
Thigh armor shifting is hardly a "serious error" in my opinion. However naked Hulk and Superman crapping his pants would indeed be debatable.
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:04 AM   #469
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

So you are saying that you believe that SS intentionally designed the leg armor that way, to be more "realistic"?

If this is not a serious error, and skid mark Superman and pant-less Hulk are "debatable" errors, then I would have to assume that your level of expectations is set very low.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:28 AM   #470
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Armour shifts - yeah.

And if this was delivered smashed in pieces we could say "he does blow himself up in the movie".

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote