Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-06-2017, 03:09 PM   #4741
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
I guess collectors will defend there purchases but as someone who know, this type of detail is not of anything and you cant make mistakes, why would you not mention that, I have seen that kind of hoses and stuff loaded on $15 Spawn figures. Creating realism is hard work, sculpting nothingness is like doodling, you cant go wrong. Its all good, anyone that can see this for what it is is smarter than me and says nothing at all. I will keep my views to myself, but there are some who have read this that wont comment and know it is all true.
....I can't even...you just go ahead and believe what you like. Let me know when you try your first 3D sculpt.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:11 PM   #4742
Aphotic
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
I guess collectors will defend there purchases but as someone who know, this type of detail is not of anything and you cant make mistakes, why would you not mention that, I have seen that kind of hoses and stuff loaded on $15 Spawn figures. Creating realism is hard work, sculpting nothingness is like doodling, you cant go wrong. Its all good, anyone that can see this for what it is is smarter than me and says nothing at all. I will keep my views to myself, but there are some who have read this that wont comment and know it is all true.
Oh they know alright, they know that this isn't true but trying to say anything about it, they can't even...
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:14 PM   #4743
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

You know that last glimmer of hope you have for humanity? Yeah mine was just extinguished.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:15 PM   #4744
Issun
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I'm sure I missed the discussion on this bit, but what do ya'll think about Thanos not really facing forward. Be a little odd to display it with the chair cocked to the side just to have him facing forward. I don't know, what do ya'll think? I've preordered the piece regardless, you can't deny the insane amount of detail, beautiful.
Issun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #4745
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issun View Post
I'm sure I missed the discussion on this bit, but what do ya'll think about Thanos not really facing forward. Be a little odd to display it with the chair cocked to the side just to have him facing forward. I don't know, what do ya'll think? I've preordered the piece regardless, you can't deny the insane amount of detail, beautiful.
I like it at pretty much any angle. I still need to look into mirrors. The throne is too good.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:22 PM   #4746
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
...Seen as many statues as you...yeah, think I've done that. Magneto's throne is impressive, but it is not more detailed than the Throne Thanos is on. Nor is the amount of hard surface modeling in it more detailed.

Magneto's throne did not have the tiny intricacies like below

I'm with you dude. On another note I just cancelled my Maul PF pre-order to free up some cash & room for Thanos.

That's not noise or a texture add, that's tiny mechanical sculpted detail. And it's not easy. The fact that one of the best sculptors in the collectible world said it took him 4 months, a man with decades of experience, should tell you nothing about it was easy.

So don't preach about truth because you stared at a bunch of statues.
I'm with you dude. SMH

On another not I just cancelled a pre-order to free up some cash for Thanos. It was kind of an impulse buy anyway. I was thinking about cancelling Kylo Ren too but I'm not sure.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:24 PM   #4747
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I'd like to see a brainiac on throne, though like metron it might not sell so well. To play it safe SS should just redo darkseid on throne, their first DC throne.
I'd personally love a Poison Ivy on throne of plants and flowers.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:25 PM   #4748
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I'm with you dude. SMH

On another not I just cancelled a pre-order to free up some cash for Thanos. It was kind of an impulse buy anyway. I was thinking about cancelling Kylo Ren too but I'm not sure.
lol my Cheetah PO is shaky too dude.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #4749
Issun
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I like it at pretty much any angle. I still need to look into mirrors. The throne is too good.
Maybe a rotating display platform?
Issun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:29 PM   #4750
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'd personally love a Poison Ivy on throne of plants and flowers.
that's a good call!

Honestly there aren't many characters I would want sitting unless it's done in a unique way like XM Mags or what Northern suggests.

A throne made sense for Doom and I don't really consider this Thanos a 'throne' as much as his transporter.