Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-18-2023, 05:33 PM   #4781
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Bummer. Squeaky clean break. Easy fix!
Yes easy to glue back on, but there is a seam due to thin layer surrounding paint coming off, prob due to the mandible rolling around during transit!
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 05:58 PM   #4782
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Yes easy to glue back on, but there is a seam due to thin layer surrounding paint coming off, prob due to the mandible rolling around during transit!
I'm sure you know this process, but here it is for those that don't:

-super glue break into place....make sure it's PERFECTLY lined up....this is VERY important.

-get apoxie sculpt mix a small amount of A & B parts and fill the seam.

-then wet your figure and smooth the apoxie sculpt perfectly into the seam and remove any excess. think "wet sanding". this small amount fills in the cracked paint from the break. remove excess and make sure the pieces perfectly blend together, you will not be able to do much dry sanding here...so make sure it's ALL DONE in the "wet sanding" stage.

-after 3-4 hours of dry time ready to paint. mix 2-3 colors of acrylic paint to match color or broken part/

-paint in THIN layers, and hit with blow dryer inbetween coats. build up paint slowly, no globs or clumps. this can be a little tedious and takes trial and error, you may have to continuously tweak you paint mixture as retro-fitting and matching paint something isnt the mixture you first think. this will take about 3-5 layers...at least.

-after paint is done then get a sealer Mod-Podge semi gloss and paint it over the painted area to match the finish of the undamaged statue.

....you should be all set!

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 07:12 PM   #4783
cht469
Frackin!

Received mine last week, located in Australia. This is truly a masterpiece !!! The hardest part was trying to get the legs into the base (I thought mine was faulty). Tip is to open box 3/3 first for the instruction manual.

cht469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 07:27 PM   #4784
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I'm sure you know this process, but here it is for those that don't:

-super glue break into place....make sure it's PERFECTLY lined up....this is VERY important.

-get apoxie sculpt mix a small amount of A & B parts and fill the seam.

-then wet your figure and smooth the apoxie sculpt perfectly into the seam and remove any excess. think "wet sanding". this small amount fills in the cracked paint from the break. remove excess and make sure the pieces perfectly blend together, you will not be able to do much dry sanding here...so make sure it's ALL DONE in the "wet sanding" stage.

-after 3-4 hours of dry time ready to paint. mix 2-3 colors of acrylic paint to match color or broken part/

-paint in THIN layers, and hit with blow dryer inbetween coats. build up paint slowly, no globs or clumps. this can be a little tedious and takes trial and error, you may have to continuously tweak you paint mixture as retro-fitting and matching paint something isnt the mixture you first think. this will take about 3-5 layers...at least.

-after paint is done then get a sealer Mod-Podge semi gloss and paint it over the painted area to match the finish of the undamaged statue.

....you should be all set!

Actually I don't know this process

Very useful info to know, not sure I'll try it due to my limited skill. There's always a place to start lol
Old 01-18-2023, 07:29 PM   #4785
Dundee
Hydra

@cht469
Congrats mate! Haha love the shot with the dog. Did he bark or growl at the statue?
Old 01-18-2023, 07:33 PM   #4786
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cht469 View Post
Received mine last week, located in Australia. This is truly a masterpiece !!! The hardest part was trying to get the legs into the base (I thought mine was faulty). Tip is to open box 3/3 first for the instruction manual.

Yours really looks like it has a lean, does it wobble at all?
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 07:33 PM   #4787
cht469
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
@cht469
Congrats mate! Haha love the shot with the dog. Did he bark or growl at the statue?
Cheers mate. Haha no my dog was too focused on the treat infront of the camera.
Old 01-18-2023, 07:44 PM   #4788
cht469
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
Yours really looks like it has a lean, does it wobble at all?
You're the second person to mention this. Tbh it doesn't look like it's leaning in person. Maybe slightly, but is it meant to be like this? I'm not at home now, but I don't think it is wobbly.

Here's a more straight on shot.

Old 01-18-2023, 07:52 PM   #4789
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cht469 View Post
You're the second person to mention this. Tbh it doesn't look like it's leaning in person. Maybe slightly, but is it meant to be like this? I'm not at home now, but I don't think it is wobbly.

Here's a more straight on shot.

I was referring to the staffy he has a slight lean
Old 01-18-2023, 07:58 PM   #4790
Hutch0o
Birdman

No but on a serious note I can't tell if he has a lean or if maybe it';s angles? Some look like they are upright perfectly, while others seem to have a lean. It worries me a lot considering I'm picking mine up tomorrow morning