Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-10-2024, 04:44 PM   #471
omigeo
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
We?re all a little mad to be involved in this hobby. Some more than others

Heck, just because I bought a Lego set for my nephew recently, something I hadn?t bought in many decades. On impulse I kind of went on a buying spree, and just from 5 sets (3 Marvel and 2 Star Wars) they pretty much ended up costing the same as a single JND piece. Damn, Lego is expensive.

The primary reason I wouldn?t order this is, is that I keep on thinking of future near guaranteed preorders (1/3 Neo and future 1/3 Queen MCU pieces), and I just don?t have the space for them, let alone this.
Expensive for sure.
That Ekow Nimako Lego artist that only uses black piece is brilliant!!
Beautiful artwork with it. Take a peek of his work on youtube. You probably did already
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 08:38 PM   #472
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I personally think they got this a lot closer than people are giving them credit for.
I agree.

This thing is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 08:40 PM   #473
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

I understand wanting something to be the best it can be,
But how much better can this get.

Saying this is 73% likeness is beyond foolish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 08:58 PM   #474
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I understand wanting something to be the best it can be,
But how much better can this get.

Saying this is 73% likeness is beyond foolish.
I agree this is looking better and better the more I look at it. DEFINITELY better than the prior JND version.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 09:51 PM   #475
Irenicus
The Spirit

Straight on the eyes seem off.

When you see from an angle, the likeness is defintely better.

Also wished they went with a different expression
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 01:51 AM   #476
jodl73
Doh!

Yes I went back to JND's site and looked at every picture of this thing, even blew the pictures up, zoomed in etc. That's Christopher Reeve. However I can see where the complaint is. With fixing up the Superman, it now looks very different from the Clark Kent. Meaning they look like they were done by 2 different companies, or 2 different sculptors like someone had mentioned. I ordered the duo. Now I wouldn't have minded if I only got the single.
jodl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 01:28 PM   #477
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I am sure if one wants it bad enough and looks at it long enough it will start to look good regardless of whether the likeness is off or not, especially when it is the only option available.

It is not difficult for one to convince oneself to buy something, be it a watch or a car, etc.

Then the question becomes not whether the object in question is of good quality or not but whether one wants to spend the money and get the satisfaction out of it.

The act of spending money and getting something in return in itself provides comfort to some. The object in question becomes secondary.

In this case, the likeness of Reeve has become a moot point. The satisfaction of spending thousands of dollars to buy a "luxury high end" statue is the focus.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 06:53 PM   #478
cking
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I am not interested in bragging rights of owning a statue worth several thousand dollars so that is certainly not the "focus" as far as I am concerned. I've been selling a lot of items from my collection to be able to afford this and the reason I'm doing that is because for me, there is nothing else out there so far that comes close to this and it's "good enough" in my eyes for me to know that I will be able to enjoy the hell out of it when it gets here. I'm a first generation Reeve fan. I was there in the cinema watching the movie with my parents and sister when it was first released, and I have loved the movie and Reeve's portrayal of the dual characters ever since. I'm not a supporter of any company in particular. It will be my first JND statue and I am really looking forward to it. If something better comes out further down the line, I will not hesitate to "upgrade", but for now, as far as I am concerned, this is the definitive Reeve statue / figure to own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I am sure if one wants it bad enough and looks at it long enough it will start to look good regardless of whether the likeness is off or not, especially when it is the only option available.

It is not difficult for one to convince oneself to buy something, be it a watch or a car, etc.

Then the question becomes not whether the object in question is of good quality or not but whether one wants to spend the money and get the satisfaction out of it.

The act of spending money and getting something in return in itself provides comfort to some. The object in question becomes secondary.

In this case, the likeness of Reeve has become a moot point. The satisfaction of spending thousands of dollars to buy a "luxury high end" statue is the focus.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 09:17 PM   #479
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Is this perfect? Absolutely not. Is it a good representation of Christopher Reeve? Absolutely.

I can't wait to get this in hand and start enjoying it.

Superman is my favorite superhero and CR is 100% Superman and Clark. Perfect combo.
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 11:57 PM   #480
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think I've said it before but this new sculpt suffers the same texturing from the silicone paint that the Bale Batman had. It gives his skin a sickly appearance even more-so than the skin app on the old sculpt which had the problem of looking malnourished
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote