Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-12-2024, 10:44 AM   #481
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Not sure if this is mainstream enough. This is kinda a statue collectors statue.
So I wanna say 800 unless the Wolverine/Hulk/Venom/Batman/IronMan factor kicks in.
qz33, NAILED IT. This piece is a "statue collectors statue".

This is beyond beautiful. This is a masterpiece.

If Wolverine was not hunched over, this would be IMPOSSIBLE to ever being beaten as regards the sculpt, the artistry, the paint, the sublime details, the non-busy base (busy base=the likes of that monstrosities Prime1 puts up where she throws everyone and their mother over the bases to "impress" average Joes but in reality Prime1's bases end looking like a hot mess).

If Wolverine had a more upright pose, being a bit more imposing (although Wolverine being a short guy would still be a "short" sculpt even upright), then this sculpt would be IMPOSSIBLE to be ever topped. This would be the quintessential Wolverine ever. PERIOD.

Phillips is on par with Harbottle or Panfilova. He creates ART. Check his Batman bust (it is a pity that bust was not a LSB). I doubt that even Harbottle (!!!!) could top this Wolverine and this says a lot.

qz33, NAILED IT, once again. This piece is a "statue collectors statue".

Nevertheless, Sideshow should check already placed orders and then set the PO even HIGHER, lot higher.

If production holds up and Sideshow delivers a 80% close to proto with pics coming in, i can easily see hundreds of additional new orders showing up.

It would be also a pity for this magnificent sculpt to have an ES lower than 1300. With Sideshow continuing putting more characters in 1/3, this Wolverine would be then sought after in the aftermarket.

Forps wants collectors to appreciate TRUE art (not XM or LBS monstrosities), so he wants this Wolverine to be owned by as many collectors as possible.

I would personally set the ES @ 1500-1700. But this is me due to my love for art and my willingness to share this love with my fellow collectors.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 06:49 AM   #482
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Mephisto

I'm considering ordering this over Fastball Special (I already pre-ordered the 1/4 version). I am also waiting on weapon X reveal. First time as a collector I really don't know what piece to get.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 02:54 PM   #483
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
I'm considering ordering this over Fastball Special (I already pre-ordered the 1/4 version). I am also waiting on weapon X reveal. First time as a collector I really don't know what piece to get.
Pretty much where I am at. I have a spot for a statement piece like this. I was leaning to FS but in 1/5 for the comic backdrop, but then this came out of left field and I am pretty sure this is the one I am going to go with.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 03:10 PM   #484
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Pretty much where I am at. I have a spot for a statement piece like this. I was leaning to FS but in 1/5 for the comic backdrop, but then this came out of left field and I am pretty sure this is the one I am going to go with.
Get FS 1/4, 1/5 ND this, Tbolt.

They are all future grails.

But if i had to choose, i would go with this Wolverine. Phillips GOATed here. It is the most UNIQUE and artsy Wolverine sculpt EVER.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 04:00 PM   #485
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I was leaning to FS but in 1/5 for the comic backdrop, but then this came out of left field and I am pretty sure this is the one I am going to go with.
Same
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 04:28 PM   #486
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Same
Yeah showing the Cannonball special and then this so close together probably not the best financial move since both are Wolverine.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 04:32 PM   #487
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah showing the Cannonball special and then this so close together probably not the best financial move since both are Wolverine.
And then Weapon X will likely be revealed by SideshowCon, if not sooner. Sideshow is tripling down on Wolvie...wonder if they got a licensing mandate to produce several, or maybe they're just trying to capitalize on the Deadpool & Wolverine hype
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 04:34 PM   #488
qz33
Baron Zemo

Could be. Also could be coincidence cause... Wolverine.

Hope Weapon X is a real standout too.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 11:23 PM   #489
FJC
Midnighter

Weapon X is what I'm holding out for. Definitely adding that to the collection if it looks good.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 11:18 AM   #490
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
Get FS 1/4, 1/5 ND this, Tbolt.

They are all future grails.

But if i had to choose, i would go with this Wolverine. Phillips GOATed here. It is the most UNIQUE and artsy Wolverine sculpt EVER.
I am pretty much out of room for Marvel pieces. I am pretty happy with my statue collection, but when I have my room fully set up, I will have a spot for a hit piece like this. Though I can probably always fit one more, what am I saying, lol.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote