Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-21-2023, 05:30 PM   #481
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
Some people might chase the green Ivy, but others will wait and see what the ES is on the reg and, if SS produces too many, just wait to buy it on sale at a discount.
A lot of people just prefer the flesh tone, too.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 05:36 PM   #482
Forps is back
The Avengers

I also prefer the CE. I wrote it in my 1st message when i started screamin to all of you to grab an EX. Check it. I clearly stated that the CE is the best choice but the Variant will skyrocket in price.

Due also to the fact that many collectors won't settle for a CE, they are completionists, they have OCD, they would always want the Variant with the super low ES, these guys won't order the CE. They jumped on the waitlist for the Variant and they'll wait for a conversion. If it doesn't convert and around the time of release, they'll go berserk in the aftermarket to get one.

This is the reason i can't see the CE alone having an 2000 ES. Many guys will never settle for the CE, they are crazy maniacs! They want the more "scarce" edition even if the CE looks better.

Give me a couple of days, to think it more calmly and i'll give you my prediction about ES for the CE.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 05:57 PM   #483
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
A lot of people just prefer the flesh tone, too.
All things being equal, I probably prefer the flesh tone as well. I think it pops more against the overwhelming green and muted colors of the foliage. Especially since Ivy is kind of offset in this sculpt.

I have the P1 Green Poison Ivy Hush EX already. Bought it immediately because the sculpt was simply too good to pass up and didnt want to miss out on the cat and briefcase EX.

Had I known P1 was going to make a flesh tone variant of that Ivy, it would have been a tough call between the two. However, between the EX and, I believe being $100 cheaper (plus probably lower shipping costs initially), I probably still would go with the green version.

So if SS overproduces the flesh tone version and it eventually goes on sale, I might pick one up. That way I can have one version of each color alongside each other.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 06:10 PM   #484
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
I also prefer the CE. I wrote it in my 1st message when i started screamin to all of you to grab an EX. Check it. I clearly stated that the CE is the best choice but the Variant will skyrocket in price.

Due also to the fact that many collectors won't settle for a CE, they are completionists, they have OCD, they would always want the Variant with the super low ES, these guys won't order the CE. They jumped on the waitlist for the Variant and they'll wait for a conversion. If it doesn't convert and around the time of release, they'll go berserk in the aftermarket to get one.

This is the reason i can't see the CE alone having an 2000 ES. Many guys will never settle for the CE, they are crazy maniacs! They want the more "scarce" edition even if the CE looks better.

Give me a couple of days, to think it more calmly and i'll give you my prediction about ES for the CE.
Some collectors are indeed completionists and might pay up for the green version in the aftermarket.

But the flipside to that psychology are the bargain hunters, like me. We will wait to see the ES of the fleshtone version and if SS overproduces it. I hope they do, lol.

If they do and down the line it is say 20% off, knocking the cost down to around $560, that segment will happily pick up the flesh tone version for cheaper, perhaps using reward points to knock it down even more.

Even some of those in the FOMO category would be able to reconcile picking up the flesh tone version if they can get it for $560, with say $100 in rewards points, for around $450 and a lower tax hit, vs. $700 retail. Or grab a CE from a seller at a discount later.

That is the danger for SS with these variants. Piss off people who miss out on the Variant, and they won't buy the collector edition. So they run the risk of having to sit on a bunch of statues in the warehouse and the initial 200 piece sellout doesn't help when you have 1000+ collector editions that they can't move unless they discount significantly.
Old 07-21-2023, 07:52 PM   #485
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
Some collectors are indeed completionists and might pay up for the green version in the aftermarket.

But the flipside to that psychology are the bargain hunters, like me. We will wait to see the ES of the fleshtone version and if SS overproduces it. I hope they do, lol.

If they do and down the line it is say 20% off, knocking the cost down to around $560, that segment will happily pick up the flesh tone version for cheaper, perhaps using reward points to knock it down even more.

Even some of those in the FOMO category would be able to reconcile picking up the flesh tone version if they can get it for $560, with say $100 in rewards points, for around $450 and a lower tax hit, vs. $700 retail. Or grab a CE from a seller at a discount later.

That is the danger for SS with these variants. Piss off people who miss out on the Variant, and they won't buy the collector edition. So they run the risk of having to sit on a bunch of statues in the warehouse and the initial 200 piece sellout doesn't help when you have 1000+ collector editions that they can't move unless they discount significantly.
Plot twist. The flesh tone only ends up with a 150ES.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 07:57 PM   #486
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
If that happens, I?ll buy the flesh tone CE too if I can order it in time. Lol. I want to own both of them really, but I gotta keep it sane unless it turns out to have a ridiculously low ES.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 08:17 PM   #487
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Super Plot Twist:

They already plan to do them in batches and don't even change the TBD ES before the 1st batch ships.

Majority likes the skin better but majority bought the green because of the ES. Only smart if no other surprises.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 09:05 PM   #488
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Super funny to me how some people here can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that some of us genuinely like the green skin better.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 10:23 PM   #489
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
If that happens, I think we see a going-out-of-business sign hanging outside SS the next day.

Probably due to the CEO tanking the business, with whatever that new "artsy" Star Wars line is supposed to be and an audience that never materializes for it.

For me, since I have the P1 Poison Ivy, which will be very hard to top, and the OG Ivy, I need a fantastic sculpt that compares to the P1 or a bit of a discount to entice me.

This statue is very nice and close to what i would look for. But for $700, I would rather have the Penguin statue or the Mythos Vader for a bit less, since I don't have either of those characters yet.
Old 07-21-2023, 10:31 PM   #490
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Super funny to me how some people here can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that some of us genuinely like the green skin better.
I haven't read the entire thread, but both versions are great, so either one would be a beautiful addition to any collection. But opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and some people are louder than others.